• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain, Beyond, and Detroit PC ports incoming later this year

Kagey K

Banned
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/512143-heavy-rain-beyond-detroit-pc-later-this-year#/slide/1

It looks like Quantic Dream’s games are jumping beyond Sony’s consoles. In a partnership with Epic Games, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human are all coming to PC and will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store. These ports will be available at an undetermined time for an unknown price later this year.
Even though Epic Games is part of this deal, it doesn’t mean that these games will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store forever. Instead, the games have a one-year exclusivity deal, meaning it is likely that these games will jump to Steam or distribution platforms after that timer expires.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

Yeah for Heavy Rain finally coming to PC (the mods have the potential to be amazing), boo to Epic Store exclusivity.

Well, that's great! Despite its flaws, I loved my time with Heavy Rain, and I'd certainly replay it alongside the other two on pc.

Sooner or later everyone will be porting their games on pc. Be it via streaming or a traditional port. The latter being the best for gamers, of course.

And of course: fuck exclusivity. I'll buy them at an heavy discount after the deal expires.

Last edited:

A.Romero

I was about to pick Detroit up the other day. I rather play it on PC but it's a tough choice because I'd have to wait for over a year (not jumping into the Epic Store just yet).

If they'd be compatible with Oculus it would make the choice easier...

blackjon24

I thought Sony funded these and owned these IP I guess not? Maybe Spider-Man one day going multiplatfrom isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

Just finished Detroit a month ago and I can’t stand how much hate walking sims get. I can enjoy games like breath of the wild and dmc5 but games like Detroit fulfill a need in games I just don’t get from a lot of other genre,

I thought Sony funded these and owned these IP I guess not? Maybe Spider-Man one day going multiplatfrom isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

Just finished Detroit a month ago and I can’t stand how much hate walking sims get. I can enjoy games like breath of the wild and dmc5 but games like Detroit fulfill a need in games I just don’t get from a lot of other genre,

Sony owns Detroit and Beyond, QD own Heavy rain, but Sony has the publishing rights. Anyway, seems Sony is OK with PC release.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I've never played any of those games. With no backwards compatibility for the 2 of them currently, I think I might give them a shot once they are on PC.

Shin

Banned
The mods should be interesting...

Detroit-10.jpg

Terra_Ex

Thumbs up for them being on PC, thumbs down for Epic store exclusivity (unless they're funding the port or something). Either way, they'll all go on my "check back in a year because Epic Store" wishlist.

Sparda

Banned

No there was a contract with QD for 3 games. Now the contract is expired.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
so, they were never Sony ips? really surprised

Sony wanted them to stay "2nd party" for whatever that's worth. They didn't want to make them 1st party from the get go. They wanted them to have their IP freedom.

Fbh

Surprising to see these on PC.
I've yet to play Detroit. Maybe it will be sub $10 faster on PC

well there isn't much of a reason to buy consoles anymore is there?. at least playstations and xboxes.

Because of Quantic Dreams games on PC?

I'd say a Ps4 purchase is still worth it if you can find one for cheap to play stuff like Bloodborne, Horizon, Spiderman and God of War

Sky87

But isn't Bloodborne made from Japan Studio like Gravity Rush series? I doubt it will get even going to get PC release.
They're just the publisher, just like Sony was for the games mentioned in the OP. There's still hope.
PlayStation is the best place to game, has the best games by far... PC is next but doesn't have that consistent quality.
Lets see if Sony grows PSNow going into next gen, and we might have more Playstation games to play on PC/Tablets/TV's or whatever. Bloodborne is an example already.

I can't imagine Sony not wanting to match Google and Microsoft with their ''play our games anywhere'' pitch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They're just the publisher, just like Sony was for the games mentioned in the OP. There's still hope.
I think Bloodborne’s situation is little different than Demon’s Souls. I could be wrong but I heard Japan Studio co-developed Bloodborne. I don’t know, just like ICO games and Gravity Rush, Boodborne is part of the sony’s first party games.

PlayStation is the best place to game, has the best games by far... PC is next but doesn't have that consistent quality.
By far? I mean come on. On pc you have decades of library available, and most of the same games that are on ps4, with some notable exceptions (that are reasons enough to buy a ps4, mind you, I'm not debating that).

Now, if Sony would get its head out of its ass and start thinking about retrocompatibility...

Last edited:

Larxia

I think Bloodborne’s situation is little different than Demon’s Souls. I could be wrong but I heard Japan Studio co-developed Bloodborne. I don’t know, just like ICO games and Gravity Rush, Boodborne is part of the sony’s first party games.
I would so love for Gravity Rush to come to pc :(
Gravity Rush 2 with enhanced level of details / drawing distance, and 60 fps would probably look amazing.

Shakka43

PC brethrens, you are in for a fantastic ride with Detroit: Become Human. Easily one of my favorite games this generation.

mejin

I can't imagine Sony not wanting to match Google and Microsoft with their ''play our games anywhere'' pitch.

Google and MS don't have the reach Sony has with the tradicional market, at least when we talk about worldwide. That's something Sony has to manage with care and that's what they are doing with PS Now.

Last edited:

Goff2k

I will wait for them to be released elsewhere other than EPIC. I'm patient and besides already played them on consoles. Just curious if they are going to be ultrawide.

Last edited:

peronmls

Epic store only??? Are you serious? I'd rather have a standalone version. No buy for me.

PC brethrens, you are in for a fantastic ride with Detroit: Become Human. Easily one of my favorite games this generation.
To bad nobody will buy it because of it's PC exclusivity to Epic.

Last edited:

Aren117

But isn't Bloodborne made from Japan Studio like Gravity Rush series? I doubt it will get even going to get PC release.

That's Demon's Souls, iirc. Bloodborne is FROM Software only, with Sony holding the IP. So, same situation as Detroit, maybe?

You mean AFTER PC, ofc.

Epic store only??? Are you serious? I'd rather have a standalone version. No buy for me.

I think it's one year exclusivity, like the other games. If we waited till now to play Heavy Rain and Beyond, one year is nothing :'D (and there's always other means to play...)

Last edited:

Lets see if Sony grows PSNow going into next gen, and we might have more Playstation games to play on PC/Tablets/TV's or whatever. Bloodborne is an example already.

That's Demon's Souls, iirc. Bloodborne is FROM Software only, with Sony holding the IP. So, same situation as Detroit, maybe?

Bloodborne isn't From Software only. It was co-developed with Sony Japan Studio and Sony own an IP. Japan Studio came up with Bloodborne idea.

You'll see this at the beginning when you start Bloodborne

images

or here :

Last edited:
Top Bottom