• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hebrew National are the greatest commercially available hotdogs ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

Holy hell, these things are SO good. Between these and Passover Coke, I may have to convert.

I mean...the casings are perfect, just a little bit of crispness to them, and the flavor is wonderful. A nice hint of garlic and beef.

edit: I should add that they are worth every penny of the $3.00 per pack of seven. I cooked them on a Foreman grill for those interested.

bjork

What is passover coke? Do you snort it through a special straw or something? :p

Also, the hotdog with the cheese in the middle > all.

Ripclawe

Banned
Hebrew National do rule, BUT the 97% fat free version sucks beyond belief, garbage taste to them. The merchandising may be suspect though. But I want the Hebrew National Umbrella!

hp_red_back.jpg

http://www.hebrewnational.biz/shop/shopproduct.asp?prodCode=CD

kosher_music.jpg

Finally, a CD full of classic Kosher music!

1. Coney Island
2. Mazeltov
3. Tradition
4. Mein Shtetele Belz
5. Bei Mir Bist Du Schon
6. Milk And Honey
7. Channa From Havanna
8. Sunrise, Sunset
9. If I Were A Rich Man
10. My Yiddishe Mommie
11. Independance Day Hora
12. Makin' Whoopee
13. Shalom
14. Tzena, Tzena, Tzena
15. Oh! My Pa-Pa
16. Wheel Of Fortune
17. Kiss Of Chaya
18. Meledy: Ritual Dance/Hava Nagila/Shalom Aleichem

shoplifter

bjork said:
What is passover coke? Do you snort it through a special straw or something? :p

No, it has real cane sugar instead of corn syrup because corn isn't kosher during passover. It is fucking perfect, but only available during passover here in the states.

Canadian Coke tasted a lot like it (when I was there a few weeks ago) but I can't be sure due to the labelling not being too clear on the sugar/syrup front. It's possible it was just the water though, as that makes a huge difference as well, just ask anyone who likes New York City pizza. Lots of places get water FROM NYC delivered to their pizza shops across the country.

FnordChan

I grew up eating Bright Leaf hot dogs; you can tell you're eating hyper-regional food when the product is named after a local variety of tobacco. If these are available outside of North Carolina, I've never seen 'em. Hell, they aren't even available in most parts of the state, including my beloved Chapel Hill.

These are spicy pork hot dogs with casings that make them the color of a bright red sports car. They practically glow in the dark. And, while you know the lips-and-assholes rule is in full effect, they make for an incredibly tasty hot dog. My hometown (not so beloved Clinton, NC) sells them in tightly sealed plastic packages...or just dumped loosely into a plastic sack.

Shit. Not only do I now want a hot dog, but I can't find the hot dog I so dearly love without driving an hour or so. Cue Harold-And-Kumaresque antics.

FnordChan

Edit: No dice - if pictures of Bright Leaf hot dogs are online, I can't find 'em. To make up for this lack, here's Mr. Pig!

selfserviceLOGO.jpg

shoplifter

Seriously, I've been really hating on Hot Dogs lately. I told my wife to NEVER buy them again (since her side of the family is cheap and we all know cheap hot dogs suck ass, I'm trying to train her away from this), but I couldn't resist getting these. She about blew a gasket when she saw how much they were, but they're so fucking good.

shoplifter

You can only get it slightly before/during Passover, typically at certain supermarket chains (Giant Eagle around here carries it,) Jewish Markets and the like.

This year passover started on April 5, so it was available from around the middle of March until slightly after the middle of april.

Next year, I'm buying the store out completely (at least 50 2-liters), real Jews be damned if they're not faster than me.

shoplifter said:
Next year, I'm buying the store out completely (at least 50 2-liters), real Jews be damned if they're not faster than me.

You sir, are a true prince among men and I will gladly follow you into the battle field.

shoplifter

ConfusingJazz said:
You sir, are a true prince among men and I will gladly follow you into the battle field.

Hey, all that soda's bad for them anyway, right? I'm just doing them a favor! :p

aparisi2274

Hebrew National is pure Lips and Assholes. You want good Hot Dogs, and I am talking best available, you get either:

natural_casing.jpg

OR

Boars Head Hot Dogs.

aparisi2274

Seth C said:
Mmmm. Natural casings, because intestines are so much better than lips and assholes.

First off, when have u ever tasted a casing by itself. I would rather have an ALL BEEF hot dog with a natural casing, as opposed to a Lips & Asshole filled hotdog with a natural casing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmm, I've always been quite fond of Sahlen's hot dogs, from the Buffalo area (I think they're distributed nationally)...

FortNinety: Depends... I've seen some hot ones, then again where I live people are either Jewish or Itailan so I'm kinda sick of em :p I'm dating a Jew though...

Tortfeasor

aparisi2274 said:
First off, when have u ever tasted a casing by itself. I would rather have an ALL BEEF hot dog with a natural casing, as opposed to a Lips & Asshole filled hotdog with a natural casing.

Lips and assholes are not kosher. Hebrew Nation is an all beef kosher hotdog. Vienna is also. Both hotdogs are made from beef brisket.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
people are just figuring out what us jews have known for a long time...hebrew national hotdogs fucking rule.

sp0rsk said:
people are just figuring out what us jews have known for a long time...hebrew national hotdogs fucking rule.

That, and because they have actual standards, which is more then I can probably say for Oscar Meyer.

shoplifter

ConfusingJazz said:
That, and because they have actual standards

Which is one of the primary reasons I'll even eat the things.

I don't even think that Hebrew National foods were available nationwide until recently.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
aparisi2274 said:
Hebrew National is pure Lips and Assholes.
Speaking of places to talk from... :p

Anyway, I got my mom buying them as well, and my dad added Nathan's to the "approved hot dog" list(only serve grilled). Finally my family serves respectable hot dogs.

shoplifter

Ate two more with some brown mustard, and I remain convinced that they fucking own. I suppose it's $3.00 every other week for hot dogs now.

Matlock

Banned
I may have to check 'em out, but I'm a fan of Sugardale on the Foreman Grill, with some Sandwich Pal Sweet and Spicy mustard on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom