• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade II Screenshot Thread | Best looking game this gen so far?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Have anyone found a way to disable this afwul POS blur effect in Photo Mode?

3uu3pSh.jpg

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The thing that kills this for me is the lack of physics and interactivity. The whole world looks like set dressing. It's a great looking game but it also looks sterile as a result.
It doesn’t even seem to have dynamic foliage. This is just wrong.

Darsxx82

It doesn’t even seem to have dynamic foliage. This is just wrong.
The vegetation is not static, it has its physical characteristics and reacts with the wind. Even the small grass fibers. These only don't react to the character's passing but I only remember one part of the game where you can see ferns or tall vegetation (a short section/puzzle).

That is to say, I don't think it is a technical limitation, the Studio has simply preferred to focus on other aspects because the vegetation in the game is limited to small grasses in 99% of the game.

That said, the game has great cloth and clothing physics, without any popping. Hair, even strands of a few hairs, have their own physical characteristics. And so remember you can move small stones in your path and these have their own physics.

Last edited:
The vegetation is not static, it has its physical characteristics and reacts with the wind. Even the small grass fibers. They only don't react to the character's passing but I only remember one part of the game where you can see ferns or tall vegetation (a memory of Senua).

That is to say, I don't think it is a technical limitation, the Studio has simply preferred to focus on other aspects because the vegetation in the game is limited to small grasses in 99% of the game.

That said, the game has great cloth and clothing physics, without any popping. Hair, even strands of a few hairs, have their own physical characteristics. And so remember you can move small stones in your path and they have their own physics.
Very cool to see small grass moving in the wind.

You do have to see it from certain angles though.

Details in this game are not in your face. Its all very realistic.

Top Bottom