• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Official Trailer

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
YouTube link here

All actual in-game footage

From the makers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and DmC: Devil May Cry, comes a warrior's brutal journey into myth and madness.

Created in collaboration with neuroscientists and people who experience psychosis, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice will pull you deep into Senua's mind.

Pre-order Now and receive the Hellblade Dynamic Theme.

Rated Mature: Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Intense Violence, Nudity

And a few (shit quality) gifs from a different thread the other day:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also - http://www.hellblade.com/official-trailer-ps4-pro-support/

gKrkeP4.png

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, I like this.

Always liked Ninja Theory, their games have "heart". I just hope they haven't pulled a David Cage on this one and has real, actual gameplay AND a good story.

The ninja theory CEO *really* likes attractive, slender young women. I actually kind of like their games - they are a bit junky but yea, with lots of heart.

Parsnip

Very interested to see how they handle the subject.
Already respect them for tackling it, now lets hope it's also done well.

Flarin

I love Ninja Theory games
screw the DmC haters
. This looks so wildly different than anything out there in the gaming landscape right now which is super cool. Can't wait to give it a try.

jxN3

Looks pretty, but I haven't really seen anything that has grabbed me story wise, definitely waiting for reviews.

Redx508

http://www.hellblade.com/official-trailer-ps4-pro-support/

Pro support also

We are also excited to reveal that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will be enhanced for PlayStation 4 Pro.

PlayStation 4 Pro players will have the choice between experiencing Hellblade with enhanced resolution or at a higher framerate of 60fps. High-end PC owners will have the option to play Hellblade with an uncapped framerate and in resolutions up to 4K. Hellblade on PC will also support 21:9 ultra widescreen.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Looks beautiful but my hot-take was that if this was a movie it wouldn't appeal to me*, and as a game nothing was shown to grab my interest.

*It just seems too one-note "grim dark". I'm yet to see one thing shown that makes me actually empathize with Senua, which is a critical fail as if there's no emotional connection the value of her sacrifice is going to be nil.

I hope we get a post mortem on this game someday. It looks great (from a visual standpoint), I wonder what the actual budget was and hope that NT finds some success with it and others follow suite.

*It just seems too one-note "grim dark". I'm yet to see one thing shown that makes me actually empathize with Senua, which is a critical fail as if there's no emotional connection the value of her sacrifice is going to be nil.
Isn't that what the story is for? Seems a bit odd to make such a judgement based on trailers

http://www.hellblade.com/official-trailer-ps4-pro-support/

Pro support also

We are also excited to reveal that Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will be enhanced for PlayStation 4 Pro.

PlayStation 4 Pro players will have the choice between experiencing Hellblade with enhanced resolution or at a higher framerate of 60fps. High-end PC owners will have the option to play Hellblade with an uncapped framerate and in resolutions up to 4K. Hellblade on PC will also support 21:9 ultra widescreen.

Nice!

Will likely use high res mode. But will try both so the choice is great.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Isn't that what the story is for? Seems a bit odd to make such a judgement based on trailers

I'm just trying to articulate why despite finding the visuals and presentation so impressive I find myself completely ambivalent to the whole. I feel like I should be excited by it, yet...

I hope we get a post mortem on this game someday. It looks great (from a visual standpoint), I wonder what the actual budget was and hope that NT finds some success with it and others follow suite.

Good news! Ninja Theory have the entire "making of" documentary available on YouTube :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42wG9WEl_9o&list=PLbpkF8TRYizaT6GfMcKBG-RoUOQ6BJRXp

This was actually got me interested in the game, especially the approach to sound design (something sadly lacking with a lot of big name games lately).

Carlius

Banned
I'll check it out. But it's still a failure of a trailer if it doesn't give the viewer even the slightest idea what the game plays like.

i hope you and me eat some crow baby..i think the same, but maybe its for a reason, maybe we have one of those rare situations where they dont want to show much and when the game finally hits, its fucking amazingggg

Holy SHIT! It's getting harder to me not to raise my expectations too much.

I loved Heavenly Sword, loved Enslaved, DmC was meh, so I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground here, but DAMN this trailer!

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
i hope you and me eat some crow baby..i think the same, but maybe its for a reason, maybe we have one of those rare situations where they dont want to show much and when the game finally hits, its fucking amazingggg

There are loads of dev diaries, behind-the-scenes, and gameplay videos already out there. This is just a typical story-focused trailer in time for launch.

Looks stunning, I'm buying this day one.

Strange trailer though, just-about audible, deep voiced narration, little bit unnerving, I'm guessing this was done purposefully?

Top Bottom