• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 has sold 12 million units as of May 5th, 2024.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
$70 vs $40
Don't stop there.

Massive budget vs AA budget.
No MTX vs MTX.
Off the charts by month 4 vs still selling great.
Huge, well known IP vs unheard of IP.
GotY nominee vs 82 Metascore.

PlayStation discovered gunpowder. Helldivers 2 has kicked off the new era.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Which game?

Suicide Squad

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

MikeM

Proud owner here on PC. Game is just flat out fun.

I plan to double dip on PS5 once I get it setup above my fireplace upstairs.

Alebrije

Deserved , the Game That returned me to multiplayer since TLOU Factions.

Hope they can keep it up because there is nothing around worth these days.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Despite its incomplete state, it's the most fun I've had in years. Got a PS5 late last year and bought a bunch of awesome Sony games (Spiderman games, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us games, Returnal, FFXVI, etc). I've missed out on alot being in the xbox camp the past few generations. Regardless, bought Helldivers 2 a few months ago based on Neogaf word of mouth and everything else has been put on the back burner since. I'm a level 64 Fleet Admiral and fucking proud of it. Incredible experience and I look forward to what gets added and how it evolves.

What Am I Doing With My Life Thinking GIF by PlayStation

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Almost certainly not, for most of that 8 years it has been a tiny studio operating in Sweden. Even now it barely tops 100 employees. The cost of running vs a studio in California with a far higher headcount is going to be tiny.

I’m guessing it cost around 80M or more

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Let’s compare the average of SM2, GoW:R, and TLOU2 with the average GaaS revenue of destruction all stars, Foamstars, and HD2

One is more reliable than the other
The sword was more reliable than the early gun. The gun would jam, fire slow, it wasn't accurate. But we studied it (PlayStation Live Service Center of Excellence) and it quickly turned into...

600px-TheLastSamurai-Gatling4.jpg

PlayStation has been studying the early gun for a few years now and it's first effort has become the most successful PlayStation Studios game arguably ever. Watch the **** out.

SNG32

This also happens what happened to Xbox when you release day one on PC. Sony would be stupid to release all games day one on PC.
Xbox fucked up with releasing games on gamepass day one if anything. They would be making more money on software sales had they not introduced that bullshit.

Last edited:
Don't forget war bounds and micro transactions.
War bonds arent timed and the credits and medals needed to unlock them or their content are easily obtained ingame without turning it into a grindfest.
That and you dont have to unlock everything each tier to move on to the next. This isnt Call of Duty you know.

Any other non arguments?

Last edited:
Top Bottom