• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELLDIVERS 2 launches to Mixed reviews on Steam (Up: PSN controversy pushes them back to 'Mixed')

Three

Nothing on steam forums comes up and the listed drm is game shield. I have it installed still for some reason but dunno how to check, its not in the "programs and features".
It's probably GameShield IronWrap then which would make sense considering other T2 games use it. I wouldn't worry about Gameguard but if you want to check if it's installed it should be in your add remove programs list. Another way to check, you can search your registery for INCAInternet.

T-800

Neo Member
It's probably GameShield IronWrap then which would make sense considering other T2 games use it. I wouldn't worry about Gameguard but if you want to check if it's installed it should be in your add remove programs list. Another way to check, you can search your registery for INCAInternet.

Yep seems Noire doesnt have it. Im not that worried about this Korean drm.

Anyway its crazy how this game killed suicide squad in ccu on steam.

VideoHideo

Neo Member
Glad I didn’t preorder. Will buy on the cheap for PC once they have ironed out all these issues. Wasn’t aware it launches with a battle pass. Hope the monetization is ok. I guess if the core gameplay is good it won’t really matter.
Played for an hour on pc. It was great.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Valve should not allow this type of anti cheat, it’s basically malware since it can stick around after uninstall.

Agreed. Anything that I need a special tool to remove from my computer after I uninstall your game should be banned.

I know the devs were out there like “trust us bro, it will remove itself when you uninstall” but I’m not taking their word for it.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Ooooopppphhhh I was ready to buy on PC. Guess ill get on PS5 even with the graphics being less it sounds like the PC port isn't up to snuff.

StereoVsn

Agreed. Anything that I need a special tool to remove from my computer after I uninstall your game should be banned.

I know the devs were out there like “trust us bro, it will remove itself when you uninstall” but I’m not taking their word for it.
And the issue doesn’t even have to be immediate. Most users won’t know to uninstall separately from the game, and 6 months later if there is an exploit folks will get f-d.

It’s a ridiculous concept and I refuse to support companies that pull that shit. I hate root kits as a whole but that’s a different conversation as all the damn anti cheat software seems to use it.

Cuck losing his mind alert:

69sVced.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
so explain all the other games that launch on PC with no issues? This guy is the most obnoxious sony shill. Enjoy your 30 FPS Dragons Dogma bud. 👍
I played games faster on my family's 486 PC. And that was when things like sound cards and a mouse driver ate up processing power. 30 fps 3D gaming goes back to the 32-bit era. lol

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Played about 3 hours tonight on PS5. It is definitely more of what Hell Divers was but in 3rd person, which is a good thing. I played mostly by myself, which was a decent chill experience with a podcast on, but then I played with some people on my friend list that I saw had it and that was great, very smooth experience.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Been playing all night on pc with a friend on ps5 brilliant but a few disconnects were a bit frustrating, one good thing is you can almost instantly rejoin someone, but the game is brilliant probably one if not the best co op shooter ive ever played.

The title of the thread is misleading...again. Is GAF going to be filled with clickbait and 'check out what's inside' style titles from now on?

For what exactly? For people to jump to conclusions and argue over nothing relevant to the actual information?

Kacho

The title of the thread is misleading...again. Is GAF going to be filled with clickbait and 'check out what's inside' style titles from now on?

For what exactly? For people to jump to conclusions and argue over nothing relevant to the actual information?
There is nothing misleading about the thread title. Helldivers 2 has in fact launched to mixed reviews on Steam.

There is nothing misleading about the thread title. Helldivers 2 has in fact launched to mixed reviews on Steam.
Tell me what you think this is:

1)Multiplayer titles are notorious for having server issues and other launch issues day 1/day 0.
2)OP posts a thread that says 'Helldivers 2 launches to mixed reviews'.
3)The reviews in question have barely anything to do with the quality of the game/gameplay itself and are instead about number 1.
4)People are coming into the thread thinking it's about the quality of the game.

Phase

People were definitely overhyping thinking it's going to be the next great thing because of preorder numbers lol. Hope they can fix the issues, then we'll see how the game stands up against the competition a few months from now.

Top Bottom