• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

I don't think this game is appreciated for some reason with regards to visuals. Blows my mind sometimes when I see what is happening on screen.
The game engine is phenomenal. No other online game comes close to matching the chaos that HD2 has. And it runs fantastic the vast majority of the time(on PS5)

GymWolf

New big balancement patch that nerf all the things people love to use now

Well, at least they slightly buffed the blitzer...

New balance patch is cool but the Spear is still not fixed and that bothers me a lot.
Fuck that. Should be a priority. Damn thing is broken.

It seems like the devs are more hellbent on balancing then fixing issues and it is starting to become irritating....
Edit:

LAS-99 Quasar Cannon

• Increased recharge time by 5 seconds
I'm terribly sorry but this isnt acceptable by any means. It takes long enough as it is. This is a 50% increase in cooldown.

Guess im holding off a bit until they actually fix stuff, it's tainting my fun and its becoming worse.
And the Automaton Major Order fetish can die for a few weeks.

This with a still broken reload (you have to hammer the reload button) that causes me to die often enough, you cant go around and gimp stuff while the basic elements still need work.

THAT should be a priority. Not this shit.

You cant sell nerfs with a straight face while the difficulty is all over the place and basic mechanics still fuck things up (broken reload, mantle on supplydrops, questionmark items that cant be used etc).
I LOVE this game but the Honeymoon period is over and things have to be fixed. I can't look past its imperfections anymore and they should be easy to fix. Just prioritize it over damn balancing ffs.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

It seems like the devs are more hellbent on balancing then fixing issues and it is starting to become irritating....
I agree.

I like that they don't want to slow down the arrival of new content and balancing but not fixing bugs there since release that prevent a weapon to work correctly is questionable. Especially when they acknowledge in their "known issue list" since quite a while.
That being said, maybe it's a difficult issue to fix. I don't know.

Revolver fast reloader? Aww yiss. Also the standard AR which is my favorite got a buff? Nice. Automantling while running can be turned off in the settings now. I am happy but there are quite a few nerfs.

Revolver fast reloader? Aww yiss. Also the standard AR which is my favorite got a buff? Nice. Automantling while running can be turned off in the settings now. I am happy but there are quite a few nerfs.
They actually UPPED the difficulty when not playing with a 4 man team. WTH Arrowhead!? The diffuculty is already random as shit....
That and the nerfs are ridiculous. People on X aren't happy either. And rightfully so.

I just got used to the Quasar and its charge/ cooldown time. I could time my shots perfectly. Now they did a Fuck you fam! and added 50% MORE cooldown.
No. Not acceptable by a landslide.

I find myself changing loadouts after each update and I dont have hours a day getting used to it. Just as I was comfortable they go ahead and do this.
It's a scumbag move. Albeit deliberate or not...

Just read the comments.... Im not touching this game until they do a rollback on the nerfs.

Last edited:

Spyxos

These balance changes seem completely aimless. The game is good now, but they do everything they can to make sure you don't play it for long.

This is how Arrowhead decides what to change
Rotoscoping Dungeons And Dragons GIF by d3a

Last edited:
Finally got this on PC after being undecided on PS5 or PC. Gonna give it a shot tonight!
You couldn't have joined at a worse time. Players will be dropping this game after the latest "Patch" I'm afraid.
I'm gonna try and see how my Quasar is still usable. If it isnt't i'll just take a break from HD2 until they revert this nonsense.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

They actually UPPED the difficulty when not playing with a 4 man team. WTH Arrowhead!? The diffuculty is already random as shit....
That and the nerfs are ridiculous. People on X aren't happy either. And rightfully so.

I just got used to the Quasar and its charge/ cooldown time. I could time my shots perfectly. Now they did a Fuck you fam! and added 50% MORE cooldown.
No. Not acceptable by a landslide.

I find myself changing loadouts after each update and I dont have hours a day getting used to it. Just as I was comfortable they go ahead and do this.
It's a scumbag move. Albeit deliberate or not...

Just read the comments.... Im not touching this game until they do a rollback on the nerfs.

No wonder I was running for my life, solo, on medium. 😅 FFS. I'm still doing solo. Fuck em.

No they won't.
X says differently. Its already becoming stale with Automaton only Major Orders and these nerfs will make the game a chore instead of fun for a lot of people.
As easily as I dropped CoD, as easy I can drop this.

I don't want to but in the short period I have been playing, i've seen more nerfs then some games had in more then 2 years.
It's bullshit.

The ultimate Scumbag move in this patch is the difficulty going up for teams with less then 4 people. Its like punishing them for not filling the extra slots when they cant do anything about it.
It's pure evil.

2 weapons got a 50% ammo decrease
1 weapon got +50% cooldown time
Old weapons no-one uses don't get a buff

Premium Warbond weapons being nerfed is justt scummy practise.

I cincerely hope they change this or at least acknowledge they went and fucked up.

Another one:

RL-77 Airburst Rocket Launcher

• Airburst Rocket Launcher will no longer detonate when shot near stratagems (HMG turret, Sentries, Resupplies) and other Helldivers
  • Reduced proximity radius
So they patched a brand new weapon but totally ignore the Spear which people are complaining about? It's still a broken mess and completely useless.
Honestly I love this game and the whole community around it. But this is just rubbing a middle finger in the players' face.

middle finger GIF

Another one:

So they patched a brand new weapon but totally ignore the Spear which people are complaining about? It's still a broken mess and completely useless.
Honestly I love this game and the whole community around it. But this is just rubbing a middle finger in the players' face.

middle finger GIF
It's obviously something the developers have been unable to fix or find a balance for it. The spear if it worked as intended would be too OP, imo. They might as well just take it out of the game until they figure out how to balance correctly

That would be called Stockholm Syndrome. Not Democracy.
I'm just role playing for funsies. I play the game too casually to care about meta builds. And most of the changes are nerfs ammo economy for some weapons. However, I do think they should fix something like the Spear as soon as possible because it is embarrassing that is still not fixed.

Killjoy-NL

X says differently. Its already becoming stale with Automaton only Major Orders and these nerfs will make the game a chore instead of fun for a lot of people.
As easily as I dropped CoD, as easy I can drop this.

I don't want to but in the short period I have been playing, i've seen more nerfs then some games had in more then 2 years.
It's bullshit.

The ultimate Scumbag move in this patch is the difficulty going up for teams with less then 4 people. Its like punishing them for not filling the extra slots when they cant do anything about it.
It's pure evil.

2 weapons got a 50% ammo decrease
1 weapon got +50% cooldown time
Old weapons no-one uses don't get a buff

Premium Warbond weapons being nerfed is justt scummy practise.

I cincerely hope they change this or at least acknowledge they went and fucked up.
Same happened after the railgun nerf and what else had been nerfed.

Spyxos

Hardly anyone on my friends list is still playing Helldivers 2. Just a few weeks ago it was a completely different story. After the stupid patch, the number of gamers is unlikely to improve. People will try it out, realize that the game has gotten worse and move on.

Last edited:
So they raised the difficulty for non-full teams/squads...
Why ? it literally doesn't make sense.

Haven't touched this in more than a month and I don't know if I want to continue, and it's not because of the nerfs 'cause haven't played it enough to differentiate between all these weapons but at the same time, these nerfs are not exactly helpful.

Another GaaS game which I'm dropping, I just don't have the time to keep following all the changes.

Last edited:
That was before I enlisted so I don't know about that. But this is too much for me and a lot of other players.

Im gonna try it but im not switching loadout because the devs fucked up. I'll just wait until its fair again.
Helldivers 2 isnt the only game I play but I'll be a bit bummed if this turns out to be a game breaker for me.

Since I only play level 6 and up, the Quasar cooldown is a knife to the gut.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Edit:

I'm terribly sorry but this isnt acceptable by any means. It takes long enough as it is. This is a 50% increase in cooldown.

Guess im holding off a bit until they actually fix stuff, it's tainting my fun and its becoming worse.
And the Automaton Major Order fetish can die for a few weeks.

This with a still broken reload (you have to hammer the reload button) that causes me to die often enough, you cant go around and gimp stuff while the basic elements still need work.

THAT should be a priority. Not this shit.

You cant sell nerfs with a straight face while the difficulty is all over the place and basic mechanics still fuck things up (broken reload, mantle on supplydrops, questionmark items that cant be used etc).
I LOVE this game but the Honeymoon period is over and things have to be fixed. I can't look past its imperfections anymore and they should be easy to fix. Just prioritize it over damn balancing ffs.
They actually fixed the automatic vault because now you an option to disable it.

But they didn't fixed how fucking random climbing is in this game in general.

It's obviously something the developers have been unable to fix or find a balance for it. The spear if it worked as intended would be too OP, imo. They might as well just take it out of the game until they figure out how to balance correctly
Then they shouldn't hold meetings about nerfing weapons. Priorities and stuff.

If the core mechanics work, people will accept change better.
But this is like they're ignoring bugs.

I dont believe they are but some people might think that and you can't blame them for voicing their opinion.

They actually fixed the automatic vault because now you an option to disable it.

But they didn't fixed how fucking random climbing is in this game in general.
If < than waist high auto-mantle=1
If > than waist high auto-mantle=0

Or something like that. How often I found myself accidently climbing a piece of rock I was using as cover.......

Its not hard.

DelireMan7

I don't think it would be OP.

To hit your target, you can't fire it too close of your target otherwise the rocket will fly over the target. In addition you can't really aim were the missile will it the target. So sometimes it can oneshot a charger or titan if hitting the head, but sometimes it will take 2 or 3 shots.

Of course it can destroy fabricator from a good distance but it's very limited in ammo (5 if I remember correctly). You can't spam it.
Basically you can engage an assault with it or fire it few times from a distance to support your teammate. And often your target would already have been killed by an Eagle, autocannon, railgun, Quasar, etc...

The Spear is kind of sniper/support anti-tank weapons. Making the lock on working properly would not make it OP. And I am pretty sure most of the player will still ignore it for "better" combat weapons.
We have many weapons much more powerful than the Spear than you can use in direct combat.
The Spear is a sniper rocket launcher that doesn't work properly.

I don't know why they don't fix it but I don't think it's a balance issue.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Hardly anyone on my friends list is still playing Helldivers 2. Just a few weeks ago it was a completely different story. After the stupid patch, the number of gamers is unlikely to improve. People will try it out, realize that the game has gotten worse and move on.
And in a week, people found other weapons to use and continue playing.

As I said, same happened with the last balancing patch.

That was before I enlisted so I don't know about that. But this is too much for me and a lot of other players.

Im gonna try it but im not switching loadout because the devs fucked up. I'll just wait until its fair again.
Helldivers 2 isnt the only game I play but I'll be a bit bummed if this turns out to be a game breaker for me.

Since I only play level 6 and up, the Quasar cooldown is a knife to the gut.
If you don't want to switch loadout, that's on you.
The patch just went live, in a week, people will have adjusted to it.

I play on 8 and there is more than enough viable weapons and there's always an alternative.

Crying the day of a patch tends to have been a kneejerk in hindsight.

Just give it some time, because the last time people were up in arms and the game turned out to be much more balanced.

Last edited:

I play on 8 and there is more than enough viable weapons and there's always an alternative.

Just give it some time, because the last time people were up in arms and the game turned out to be much more balanced.
I honestly wouldn't mind the developers constantly changing what weapons are viable or not. I think that is good for the gameplay loop. HD2 can get kind of stale if you just run the same loadouts all the time. I don't believe the developers want that either

Last edited:

So you're saying it's ok to be forced to use a completely different loadout if you want to deal the same amount of damage?

What about personal preference? I wont switch weapons because of a dev making me to.

I'll just sod off and play something else.

But i'll give it an honest try.

Its not "that" game changer with quasar, i tried for 2-3 rounda to test. For example aftet using it, if a charger attacked, you had to parry and charge. Now you might have parry from two charger attack. So a bit frustrating but managable still.

Killjoy-NL

So you're saying it's ok to be forced to use a completely different loadout if you want to deal the same amount of damage?

What about personal preference? I wont switch weapons because of a dev making me to.

I'm saying give it some time.

Already had a discussion in here with someone crying about the railgun nerf and I had to go post videoproof that you could still 2-shot Charger leg-armor with it.

Sometimes it's not as bad as people make it seem initially.

Again, last time the game becane way more balanced.

GymWolf

If < than waist high auto-mantle=1
If > than waist high auto-mantle=0

Or something like that. How often I found myself accidently climbing a piece of rock I was using as cover.......

Its not hard.
They have problems for every rock that is not perfectly shaped, any irregualarity and climbing or not become a matter of luck.
I've been calling out how random the climbing is since day one.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Fascinating how different PvE players react to balance changes compared to PvP players. Two different animals altogether.

GymWolf

I honestly wouldn't mind the developers constantly changing what weapons are viable or not. I think that is good for the gameplay loop. HD2 can get kind of stale if you just run the same loadouts all the time. I don't believe the developers want that either
A better solution would be to make them all viable.

What is the purpose of having a big arsenal if devs decide for you what is the flavour of the month?

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't think this game is appreciated for some reason with regards to visuals. Blows my mind sometimes when I see what is happening on screen.
The game looks better than the sum of its parts.

If you analize all the textures, light system, etc. The game is not exactly nextgen looking, but everything comes together nicely when you are actually playing it.

A better solution would be to make them all viable.

What is the purpose of having a big arsenal if devs decide for you what is the flavour of the month?
Yeah obv, but that is a tall order to ask to make 30+ strategems all viable but not OP. It's something the devs will figure out over time, it's been less than 3 months. It does suck how many are underwhelming, but there is still great variety among the strategems that are viable

GymWolf

Yeah obv, but that is a tall order to ask to make 30+ strategems all viable but not OP. It's something the devs will figure out over time, it's been less than 3 months. It does suck how many are underwhelming, but there is still great variety among the strategems that are viable
I'm not against changing loadout but the buffs are not inviting at all, like i wanted to try again the laser cannon (not the quasar) but the patch note talk about slightly increased damage but also slightly decrease damage in large bodies, so they make it more useful against trash mobs but even more useless against medium enemies, what the fuck is even the point?

I'm still gonna use my already heavily nerfed but still beloved arc thrower if they can't make other weapons better.

Last edited:
The Auto climbing can be disabled from the settings, repeating this again...

The Quasar is still good, it's just 5 seconds, calm down lol. Although EAT is my main anyway.

I finished multiple lvl 6-7 missions with lvl 20 people, all good. People are overreacting. I even tried different weapons.

You would think the game is unplayable from all the crying, lol.

Edit: Regarding Solo players:

Quote: "We unintendedly had non-linear scaling of the patrol spawns so they didn't spawn as often as they should have when less than 4 players. The intention is that 1 player has 1/4th of the patrols compared to 4 players, but it used to be that they had 1/6th."

Hope this clarifies the change for everyone - we're not making the game arbitrarily harder!

Last edited:
My opinion on this whole thing is that, they should have let the bots be away for 2-3 weeks or a month minimum. Fix all the bots, and make them easier to kill and more fun to play against. Cause right now what happens is nobody plays BOT MOs. Also stop with the weapon nerfing, the main primary weapons barely do anything (at least the machine guns).

Heavy Machine gun should have like 200 rounds per ammo clip. The developers need to chill the fuck out, and just buff stuff, it's a PVE game.

Top Bottom