• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season 17: Fox brings back Elise because maybe people will care again?

It's Hell's Kitchen all-stars time:

The contestants.

-Millie: Season 14 4th place finisher. The guy who is probably favored to win or 2nd behind Michelle and the guy everyone wants to win.

-Elise: Season 9 third place finisher. The person no one gets along with and the woman who had insane plot armor in her season because her being irritating lead to some good ratings. She was an extremely inconsistent cook (with her season finale dinner service maybe being one of the best in Hell's Kitchen history and her just straight up bombing like 12 other challenges or services). She has been mostly doing fitness stuff the last few years so I'm not sure if she's rusty or not, but... She's back.

-Barbie: The black woman from season 10 that was really good that everyone hated for reasons that are extremely unclear and were probably because of racist team members? She's sarcastic and a little aloof, but... I mean, she's not that mean at all and she was hated by everyone on her team, it made no sense.

-Van: The cowboy guy who was really mad sometimes.

-Jennifer: Talented cook from Elise's season who looked like she was going to win until she started to fall apart a bit towards the end.

-Giovanni: Guy who looked like he might win the whole thing back in season 5, but he did not do well down the stretch. Mostly known as fuckface.

-Benjamin: Impossibly arrogant guy from season 6.

-Ben: Guy who seemed to have plot armor in season 5 just so that Ramsay could keep him around and scream at him about how much he sucked, it's a really odd choice and he's going to be gone really quick.

-Robyn and Dana: Season 10 women who hate Barbie, Robyn isn't very good at cooking.

-Michelle: Did well in season 14 despite being super young so she might be even better by now.

-Jared and Ashley: Friends/enemies from season 15.

-Ashley: Did extremely well in season 15.

-Manda: Just seems awesome in all respects, also season 15.

-Nick and Josh: Season 14 guys who don't like each other.

Fridays, 8 PM EST... Maybe watch, who knows.

They had no signature dish challenge and just jumped straight to a traditional challenge in the first episode and maybe they'll change the menu slightly.

I still like the show even though everyone else is bored of it.

sappyday

I caught this only cause it was playing on of the tvs at my gym. But I had fun watching it. I'm rooting for the season 5 guys cause that was probably the last season I watched. Funny enough this was playing same time as Inhumans lol

louiedog

I haven't thought about this show in years. It often felt like they just went around at a bus station asking people if they knew how to cook compared to something like Top Chef.

It always amazed me that a guy considered to be a troll/villain at cheapassgamer.com was a soft spoken and nicer contestant in his season. What are the rest of these people really like? Reality TV can be depressing, but it's still a guilty pleasure.

I'm watching it this season, but I really hate the editing of this show. It makes it so obvious what's going to happen.

Anyway, I'm not really rooting for anyone yet...maybe Barbie? I really don't like Van, and Elise, as beautiful (and talented?) as she is, feels like she gets through for ratings. We'll see how this season goes!

Ri'Orius

I haven't thought about this show in years. It often felt like they just went around at a bus station asking people if they knew how to cook compared to something like Top Chef.

My understanding is that Top Chef is "how well can you cook a meal?", while Hell's Kitchen is "how well can you cook in a restaurant for an entire dinner service?" So yeah, when they edit HK and you see someone flubbed a risotto it looks like they're incompetent, but in theory they got the other 50+ risottos they did that night just fine.

Top Bottom