• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me, GAF (arrange my component stand for Next Gen)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Bored on a Tuesday night, I think, what to do.

And, a friend asked where I'm gonna put PS3 and Rev.

So, here I am, coming to you.

Arrange my component stand, GAF.

Here it is.

4.jpg

Shouldn't need to name them, but the last 3 are my component switcher, receiver, and DVR on the bottom.

The switcher really needs to stay there, due to wire (mostly from the opticals) length. Everything else can move around.

So, if you can, try and arrange things neatly, nicely, keep power bricks (GC, 360) in mind, with room for everything there.

Great 1st thread, no? (Edit: I lied, it's my second. =\) Sue me, I'm bored, and this is a real predicament.

atomsk

Party Pooper
dreamcast on top of the ps2

gamecube on top of the xbox

ps3 (horizontal) and revolution (vertical) on the now open shelf

alternatively, only move the dreamcast on top of ps2, and put the ps3 on top of the DVR, and the revo next to the cube

you've got options.

i need to buy more shelving if i want to keep around the saturn and n64 hooked up come ps3/revo

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Since the PS3 and Revolution will be fully backwards compatible just replace the PS2 and GCN.

Johnas

Rev could easily go where the Cube is (backwards compatibility).

Same could be said for PS3/PS2, no?

EDIT: Beaten by the Fuzz

Wunderchu

first off .. assuming the backward compatibility of the PS3 works well, I would simply replace the PS2 with the PS3

... as far as the Rev goes I would attempt to squeeze it in next to the PS3 if it is possible .. no particular reason, just that I think that the PS3 next to the Rev would be the best in terms of looks, IMO .. at first I was thinking of suggesting to squish the Rev somewhere on the top shelf, but then I am thinking that the look of the Rev clashes too much with the look of the Xbox and Xbox 360 ..

Wunderchu

Zaxxon said:
easy. xbox360 on the xbox. It fits perfectly. It's like they're hugging.
oh ya didn't think of that one .... I have also read on another forum that they don't look too bad on top of each other :) .. (I'm not too sure if the Xbox ventilation would like it though .. heh)

SnakeXs

segatavis said:
You have a PS2 horizontal stand.

Yes, I do. I used to work at a game store, and there were so many my (Cheap ass Korean) bosses gave them to all of us.

And, I don't want s ystems on t op of each other, and PS2 stays for sure, if only for Guitar Hero.

GC, debatable, but I'd prefer it to stay.

atomsk

Party Pooper
my problem is that each of the current gen systems needs to stay hooked up for a reason, despite bc...

ps2 - hdloader
xbox - xbmc
cube - panasonic Q

i'm gonna have to buy a 2nd component switchbox :lol

you don't wanna stack? ps2 is perfect for stacking (i've got the ps1 on top of mine)

if you dont want to stack, my only other advice is buying more shelving

Wunderchu

SnakeXs said:
Yes, I do. I used to work at a game store, and there were so many my (Cheap ass Korean) bosses gave them to all of us.

And, I don't want s ystems on t op of each other, and PS2 stays for sure, if only for Guitar Hero.

GC, debatable, but I'd prefer it to stay.
hmmm in that case, then I would place the DVR on top of the component switcher and receiver , then put the PS3 and Rev on the bottom shelf

.. or, alternatively, I would place the DVR on top of the component switcher and receiver, then place the PS2 on the bottom shelf, then put the PS3 and Rev on the second to top shelf (this option would look better, IMO) :D

SnakeXs

Wunderchu said:
hmmm in that case, then I would place the DVR on top of the component switcher and receiver , then put the PS3 and Rev on the bottom shelf :D

And dare hide the beauty? (Of the Rev, that is...)

I guess, assuming heat disipation is ok, that would work, but in reverse... Put say, the Dreamcast and GC on the bottom, thus clearing lots of room, maybe put t he Xbox down where they were, and have all 3 next gen on top, vertical.

At that point, it's all about heat.

Wunderchu

SnakeXs said:
And dare hide the beauty? (Of the Rev, that is...)

I guess, assuming heat disipation is ok, that would work, but in reverse... Put say, the Dreamcast and GC on the bottom, thus clearing lots of room, maybe put t he Xbox down where they were, and have all 3 next gen on top, vertical.

At that point, it's all about heat.
ya, that could work :D

Top Bottom