• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here is a thought. What if Fromsoft skips the Elden Ring DLC and use it to make a sequel right away?

SantaC

With the amount and time they are taking with the dlc (shadow of erdtree); could it actually be used for Elden Ring 2 instead? At first I thought the current DLC would be happen these holidays, but with no official release date. Maybe they moved the project right into a sequel?

I think it would be great. I'd rather have a new full game than DLC in any situation just about. Don't know necessarily how likely it is. I'd also rather them go back to older formula rather than an Elden Ring 2.

Saber

Gold Member
Not a chance.

Elden Ring its their biggest project yet. No way they gonna stop DLC to make a sequel. If they are moving the DLC timeframe is probably to not interfere with Armored Core.

SantaC

Not a chance.

Elden Ring its their biggest project yet. No way they gonna stop DLC to make a sequel. If they are moving the DLC timeframe is probably to not interfere with Armored Core.
Completely different games though.

Also, fromsoft has two teams right

MagnesD3

I dont want an Elden Ring sequel until like 4 years from now, I expect great things from something that calls itself Elden Ring 2. Id much rather just enjoy a huge expansion for now around the Jan-Mar 2024 window.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don’t think that’s such a bad idea. I wouldn’t mind a full fledged sequel over an expansion. Elden Ring is already a huge game with a plethora of content so imo it doesn’t really need an expansion. I’m not necessarily complaining about it though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You mean like TotK
200.gif

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
A DLC guarantees them some short term income. A new full game would be years away.

Saber

Gold Member
Completely different games though.

Also, fromsoft has two teams right

And?
By releasing 2 close between each other it can influence sales as people might not buy one or another since not everyone goes on a stupid buying spree.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Honestly I don’t care if they do expansion or sequel, after replaying it recently I want even more Elden Ring.

it feels I’m in love with Elden Ring all over again, I still like Sekiro more but I can honestly say I like Elden Ring more than Bloodborne.

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
No. I’d definitely rather a great DLC campaign in the spirit of an expansion like the ones Dark Souls 2 had and let From take their time to fully develop an honest to goodness sequel.

K2D

Banned
I think that is a too big of an ask..

Both for the devs who has to make the game and players who have to re thread the same world.

They can make "The Age of Stars"-ending (Elden Ring), the new open world Bloodborne game.. 👍

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Surely they’re doing both? Hard to believe they have not already started on a sequel to one of their most successful titles.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

I think they are focusing on marketing Armored Core VI currently.

In a month or two we will probably hear more about Elden Ring DLC.

Top Bottom