• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's essentially the list of IPs owned by THQ Nordic. There's a lot.

I was checking out Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy's wiki page, and god damn, I looked at the bottom and it showed the template of IPs owned by THQ Nordic, umm, wow:

Original properties:

Crash Car Racer, Dance Party, Drag & Stock Racer, ELEX, GP Classic Racing, Jungle Kartz, Kart Racer, Rally Racer, Sprint Cars, Super Karts, Super Truck Racer, The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief, Truck Racer, We Dance, We Sing

THQ:

All Star Cheer Squad, All Star Karate, Alter Echo, Baja: Edge of Control, Beat City, Big Beach Sports, Darksiders, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, Destroy All Humans!, Elements of Destruction, Fantastic Pets, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Full Spectrum Warrior, Juiced, Lock's Quest, MX vs. ATV, Paws and Claws, Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain, Red Faction, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Splashdown, Stuntman, Summoner, The Outfit, Titan Quest, World of Zoo

JoWooD Entertainment:

Aquanox, Alien Nations, Arx Fatalis, Beam Breakers, Chaser, Cold Zero, Europa 1400: The Guild, Gothic, Freak Out: Extreme Freeride, Hard Truck 2: King of the Road, Itch!, K-Hawk: Survival Instinct, Legend of Kay, Neighbours from Hell, Painkiller, Panzer Elite, Pusher, Rally Trophy, Railroad Pioneer, Safecracker, Söldner: Secret Wars, Space Force: Rogue Universe, SpellForce: The Order of Dawn, The Golden Horde, The Guild 2, The Nations, Yoga Wii, Zax: The Alien Hunter

DreamCatcher Interactive:

Animates, Atlantis: The Lost Tales, Besieger, Spirits & Spells, Domination, Dunes of War, Dungeon Lords, Emergency Fire Response, Enigma: Rising Tide, First Battalion, Genesis Rising, Gore: Ultimate Soldier, Harbinger, Jewels of the Oracle, Painkiller, Pax Romana, Project Earth: Starmageddon, Rock Manager, Riddle of the Sphinx, Safecracker, Stealth Combat, SuperPower, The Forgotten: It Begins..., Traitors Gate, World Party Games

NovaLogic:

Armored Fist, Black Fire, Delta Force, Comanche, F-16 Multirole Fighter, F-22 Lightning II, Jigsaw: The Ultimate Electronic Puzzle, Joint Operations, MiG-29 Fulcrum, Tachyon: The Fringe, Ultrabots, Wolfpack

Digital Reality:

Bang Bang Racing, Black Knight Sword, Imperium Galactica, Liberty Wings, Sine Mora, Scarabeus: Pearls of Nile, SkyDrift, Ubrain

dtp entertainment:

15 Days, Curse of the Ghost Ship, Overclocked: A History of Violence, The Black Mirror, The Moment of Silence, The Mystery of the Druids

BitComposer Interactive:

Bridge Project, Citadels, Jagged Alliance, North and South, Panzer Tactics

Other acquired properties:

Codename: Panzers, Desperados, Impossible Creatures, Legends of War, Men of Valor, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, Silver, Thunder Wolves, War Leaders: Clash of Nations

Note that JoWood owned Dreamcatcher so some IPs are in both like Painkiller, but I guess each had their own IPs. Surprised to see some of dtp's IPs. Didn't they own Crash Time? Who owns that now? And THQ Nordic has Sine Mora by Grasshopper, wow.

Note that this is a Wikipedia template so inaccuracies are possible, but I believe it, especially since THQ Nordic have been pretty crazy in the IP purchasing in the last while.

Also Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy wasn't actually a THQ IP (they published it though), the IP was retained by Eurocom and then to Mobile Gaming Studios Ltd, which seems to be a Eurocom successor.

Find any names that surprise you? How will THQ Nordic ever be able to support all those franchises? I guess the word is time. They'll work with each as they see fit.

blackjaw

Rock manager taken literally sounds really boring

"Arrange these rocks in a peaceful pattern"
"Polish the brown rock to a lush shine"

Nameless

Red Faction was heading in a really cool direction with all the destruction stuff.

Also Open World Stuntman

DieH@rd

Banned
Oh wow Silver!
Silver_Coverart.png

I have good memories of that game.

Sizzel

Oof that is a whole lot of... ehh...

IMO Darksiders is the push and, in today's market, the only "easily" marketable IP. They are testing the waters with a DAH "remaster" . The could also test Red Faction rereleases.

Titan Quest for PC and A/B test Red Faction and Painkiller against each other for development bandwidth and have DAH occupy a Plants vs Zombies style F2P space...and basically just dump all the dollars into Darksiders 3 and somehow focus on/make Fury the star since female protags are hot right now to get buzz. Advertise like crazy and if all else fails, no review copies until release day lol. Chop the game up into some DLC and try to build a war chest. Darksiders 3: Hell Hath No Fury.

Conversely, go all in on Darksiders and hope to god you make a great game that people love and use no tricks.

Berksy

These guys are basically owning the half of 90s PC gaming IPs lol.
Quite a RPG collection too...
Full Spectrum Warrior.
JAGGED ALLIANCE!

Silver was a great game. So was Arx Fatalis (but that was developed by Arkane). I wish Skydrift didn't have a dumbshitfuckass 30 FPS cap on the PC version because I loved SegaSoft's Plane Crazy back in the day.

Tesser

Darksiders 3 when.

I'll make an early prediction and say it'll be announced at E3 next year...as an [optional] co-op game giving players the choice to play as either Famine or Conquest. Warmastered I imagine was a means to get Darksiders back into people's minds and possibly a means of generating some additional revenue for D3's development.

Away from unconfirmed stuff, having played/been shown the game at E3 by the devs, I look forward to seeing more of ELEX. Promising stuff.

Nicodemic

JoWooD Entertainment:

Aquanox, Alien Nations, Arx Fatalis, Beam Breakers, Chaser, Cold Zero, Europa 1400: The Guild, Gothic, Freak Out: Extreme Freeride, Hard Truck 2: King of the Road, Itch!, K-Hawk: Survival Instinct, Legend of Kay, Neighbours from Hell, Painkiller, Panzer Elite, Pusher, Rally Trophy, Railroad Pioneer, Safecracker, Söldner: Secret Wars, Space Force: Rogue Universe, SpellForce: The Order of Dawn, The Golden Horde, The Guild 2, The Nations, Yoga Wii, Zax: The Alien Hunter

Well, I'll be damned...

kevin1025

Banned
Darksiders, Red Faction, and Full Spectrum Warrior are the properties I'm watching out for the most. But they have quite the list of IP's, that's awesome.

Fox Mulder

They went on a dollar store IP buying spree. No way they do anything with half this shit.

Maybe they're just selling the old ass games on steam for a few bucks.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Flippin Splashdown..the first PS2 TV commercial i ever saw i think. What i would not give for a remake of that.

Maybe they could make it a viable alternative to no modern JetMoto

Top Bottom