• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's essentially the list of IPs owned by THQ Nordic. There's a lot.

Nikodemos

Holy shit.

Codename: Panzers, Jagged Alliance, Aquanox, Imperium Galactica, Nexus: TJI, Tachyon: the Fringe, Delta Force, Spellforce?

It's like these guys own every single single-A-tier IP of the late 90s to early 00s.

Wouldn't surprise me if they become an IP farm.

Do we know how active THQ Nordic are? It seems like they used all their money to buy these IP's and haven't got any to actually create games.

They only made one new THQ game so far and that was MX vs ATV Supercross. They said it was meant to be a retail game but with the scale of a downloadable game, which works, but it didn't get so good reviews from what I recall. They expanded it as MX vs ATV Supercross: Encore Edition on PS4 and XBO so they can add to it, but still.

They've mostly done remasters, so far they did two THQ remasters; Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition and Darksiders: Warmastered Edition.

The other major remaster was Legend of Kay Anniversary though that was a JoWood IP. They make new games of their other IPs and new IPs too.

They have 2 games in the works for Switch, I hope its Deadly Creatures and Full Spectrum Warrior

Yep, but I think they'll just have Kaiko port over both Darksiders remasters (they did DS1 and only the XBO version of DS2) to start since those are their big games right now. Honestly folks see them as the current Darksiders guys from what I can tell so it makes sense. Also DS1 is still MIA on Wii U and DS2 wasn't patched properly as intended for Wii U before THQ and Vigil closed.

But also they said Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was specifically a great fit for Switch, so that's basically a 3rd game (they can't already be underway with that as they just bought it a week or so ago).

I will beg for another Splashdown game. Rides Gone Wild was fucking amazing with tracks that changed with every lap, awesome characters, and a great soundtrack.

Splashdown_Rides_Gone_Wild_(PS2_cover).jpg

Tesser

Do we know how active THQ Nordic are?

ELEX, Spellforce 3 & The Guild 3 are all confirmed titles currently in development and releasing sometime in 2017. They've also confirmed that there are a few more unannounced projects though given the size of their now-acquired portfolio, that could be anything. The two confirmed titles/ports for Switch would suggest there's at least half a dozen games that THQ Nordic are publishing for 2017.

W.S.

There's some good ones there.

Darksiders obviously but Splashdown, Red Faction, and deBlob are worth pursuing new iterations of.

I'm happy to see them actually release some of these IP's on GOG.

Isn't that their strategy? Buying lots of IP's and putting them on almost any store they can. It's a small but relevant revenue stream if you count all their IP's.

But I wouldn't count on many new games for their IP's.

Durante

There are some fantastic games in that list. It's obviously not what they are going for (and I don't think anyone looking to make money would right now), but a VR Arx Fatalis sequel or spiritual successor is right up there with my most desired projects.

Jawmuncher

I really hope THQ Nordic can start getting a small port team to put a lot of these back on PC. They don't gotta be super remasters ether.

Protome

I hope they keep doing doing ps2 releases on ps4 of things they own. I'd buy Summoner 2 without a second thought.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
THQ Nordic is currently developing sequels to some of its Jowood stuff, Spellforce, The Guild and Aquanox.

Top Bottom