• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

what? i didnt go around telling people not to vote for it lol.

I didnt want to be stuck in between voting for freakinchair or guesong, so I voted for dinosaur GG

Late to this Meeru stuff but asking for keys to give to GAF and giving it to your friends is pretty scumbag tier. But to actually sell most of them instead for thousands of dollars in self gain off said lie... fuckin ridiculous, Meeru. There are no words.

FromTheFuture said:
Late to this Meeru stuff but asking for keys to give to GAF and giving it to your friends is pretty scumbag tier. But to actually sell most of them instead for thousands of dollars in self gain off said lie... fuckin ridiculous, Meeru. There are no words.

word

bzm

Monarch looks like a lot of fun, too bad i dont have gold coins :S
ima be so mad if the behe skin is gold only

Nome

Everything is kind of creepy in retrospect. I thought he was spamming those Dota 2 news threads because he thought it was funny (I did!). Now it just appears that it was an actual obsession.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nome said:
Everything is kind of creepy in retrospect. I thought he was spamming those Dota 2 news threads because he thought it was funny (I did!). Now it just appears that it was an actual obsession.

I dunno. I honestly don't think it's a huge deal he sold them, but he did put quite a bit of effort into getting them. I wonder if he actually planned on selling them initially or if it was just a spur of the moment thing once he had them.

Is it actually illegal to sell them or something? If not I can't really fault him for doing it, it's just a dick move towards the GAF community (Doesn't call for this detective-GAF BS though).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
What I find funny is the people that are most upset are the ones who never played HoN/LoL, and the ones who knew Meeru don't seem to care all that much. People acting like Meeru stole their key, when they would have had like a 0.1% chance of winning one anyway.

JoeMartin

Ikuu said:
What I find funny is the people that are most upset are the ones who never played HoN/LoL, and the ones who knew Meeru don't seem to care all that much. People acting like Meeru stole their key, when they would have had like a 0.1% chance of winning one anyway.

Or are just entirely not surprised in general.

Nome

Tomat said:
I dunno. I honestly don't think it's a huge deal he sold them, but he did put quite a bit of effort into getting them. I wonder if he actually planned on selling them initially or if it was just a spur of the moment thing once he had them.

Is it actually illegal to sell them or something? If not I can't really fault him for doing it, it's just a dick move towards the GAF community (Doesn't call for this detective-GAF BS though).
It's not a big deal at all. He got keys that were meant for the community, but he got greedy. Meh, happens.

What I find hilarious is the really awful coverup story, and now the repeated attempts to snake back into the community. Signs of a madman!

Guesong

Ultimoo said:
the hero kinda bugs me though.

I see what you did there.

I somewhat agree though...call me silly but I'm afraid I'll mistake Monarch for a creep / critter at least once.

Also I wonder about the limits of her ult ; can it stops anything that show a debuff? What's the CD on it? Does it negate Sheepstick? Etc.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tomat said:

I think impersonating someone, constantly placing the blame on that same person, and also using a community and developer's good will as a source of income is a big deal.

The guy seems is weird. Desperate attempts to be a part of the competitive community, and NeoGAF, while at the same time undermining everything with greed and abuse of his own family. I'd read a character study on Meeru, that's for sure.

Tomat

Lyphen said:
I think impersonating someone, constantly placing the blame on that same person, and also using a community and developer's good will as a source of income is a big deal.

The guy seems is weird. Desperate attempts to be a part of the competitive community, and NeoGAF, while at the same time undermining everything with greed and abuse of his own family. I'd read a character study on Meeru, that's for sure.
Nome said:
It's not a big deal at all. He got keys that were meant for the community, but he got greedy. Meh, happens.

What I find hilarious is the really awful coverup story, and now the repeated attempts to snake back into the community. Signs of a madman!

Ahhh, yeah, forgot about that. That's a bit much.

$3000 vs. internet reputation? I'd take the money.

EDIT: getting massively farmed in Mid-wars is hilarious. If you have a ranged carry, stand outside the enemy fountain and kill them whilst they respawn. Announcer can't keep up with the Immortal, Nemesis, and Annihilation. :lol

kagete

Is there such a thing as insect furries? Like instead of pretending to be centaurs they like bugs and stuff. And why are they working with the normal furries in s2's art department?

Tomat

Not grimdark enough for you?

I think Monarch's shield spell may be just passive enough for me.

Meteorain

Guesong said:
I somewhat agree though...call me silly but I'm afraid I'll mistake Monarch for a creep / critter at least once.

It's a giant ass butterfly, you're not going to mistake it for anything. If you use that excuse I hope you fall down a well :mad:

Kapura

Banned
Nome said:

nome is stone cold

Monarch looks pretty cool. I can see some Chrysalis griefing already. Her ult looks like Electrician's but better (I assume a higher mana cost and cooldown).

:lol at the Youtube comments. Noxious Cloud does look... interesting.

Tomat

Is Monarch going to be EA?

If not, Imma fuck some bitches up tomorrow.

Anilusion

Nome said:

The-Madman.png

Nome

kagete said:
Is there such a thing as insect furries? Like instead of pretending to be centaurs they like bugs and stuff. And why are they working with the normal furries in s2's art department?
DivA really wanted a butterfly.

Tomat

Sebulon3k said:
It will be EA, Midas going to be F2P tomorrow right?
Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

Shoulda saved my gold for Monarch. Midas is cool and all, but I have a thing for supports (even if Im terrible at support).

Swag

Jenga said:
the tim buckley hero looks bad though
If your talking about Cthulhuphant, he actually looks pretty decent, his character model really sticks out in comparison to the other heroes, I just wish that he was more Cthulhu and less elephant, only things really Cthulhu about him are the markings and the hard to see tentacles on his trunk.

"YO MOODY NICE KD IN BF3, CONFIRMED MEDIC OP IN BADCOMPANY 2? BYE"

1.6 K:D after only an hour and change played? What's your profile name, Puppet?

Guesong

Sebulon3k said:
If your talking about Cthulhuphant, he actually looks pretty decent, his character model really sticks out in comparison to the other heroes, I just wish that he was more Cthulhu and less elephant, only things really Cthulhu about him are the markings and the hard to see tentacles on his trunk.

Eh, I swear to god people only harp on it because LOLTIMBUCKLEY.

Cause seriously. Hero designs that sucks? It's not like Chipper or Moon Queen were any better. Or Bubbles? A Turtle Mage? Why the fuck is Elephant Muscle Warrior bad compared to any of that?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
guess carrying with lux was too hard for you. :p
Well, I am a Janna player foremost!

And yes, I can't get any farm anymore. Support bitch role has taken its toll for the last time. I got yelled at earlier for being level 1 and not having both shield and bind =[

Sebulon3k said:
Should get used to HoN so you can have an easier transition to DOTA2!
Was initially the idea. Only played about 3-4 games before deciding to just wait it out for DOTA2 mainly for the cleaner interface, but the comments about this being faster has me enticed once again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
shintoki said:
I got yelled at earlier for being level 1 and not having both shield and bind =[
I am lawling right now.

Top Bottom