• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

when I saw the whisper you were offline

You had just logged off when I got on EU to see if you were on. Then you popped back into the launcher and I sent it and waited a few. No worries, just giving you shit :p

Like yea, I agree the summer stuff is crazy expensive. I'm surprised they upped the price on legendaries. But I don't feel any urge to own that stuff. And when I was looking I guess it seemed like some of it was actually pretty cheap too? Like some of the tints? I didn't really take the time to understand cus I'm not interested in most of the recent cosmetics. The only thing I've thought looked cool so far has been the new xul skin and the pirate stukov. I'm not into much of the goofy stuff.

So for me 2.0 has been great. Getting more stuff for less so far for sure. But I can understand the frustration. Like if I felt like the surfboards or smiley face clouds were cool I'd probably be annoyed.

None of the summer stuff is cheap that I know of (at least not skin/mount wise). The cheapest are the epic versions of some of the summer skins (which also have legendary versions, go figure) and they are still 600 shards instead of 400. The rest is legendary at 2400 instead of 1600.

Beyond that, though, yeah it is a bit annoying. I want the stuff and I'm willing to pay for it, but I have no real avenue to do so. You're basically either going to have to buy copious amounts of event boxes (which really need to have their drop rate tuned up just a tad due to how much "junk" is available in the RNG for both event and non-event), or grind the hell out of some loot boxes through leveling. If you have a long tenured account or not a lot of gold, that second part is even harder which was a big part of mine and other's QQ when 2.0 was coming til they upped the veteran rewards.

Just let us give you straight cash for the tint we want - like make the bundle dynamic or something instead of pre-set (ie: Sun's Out Guns Out bundle = pick one Stitches, Tychus, and Tracer summer skin each and one Surfboard tint) - and I think some of the problem is taken care of there.

Altairre

Thanks, you baited them well too. You were a good Tyrande in the previous game too, but for some reason, in my experience as well, every game with a Tyrande is awful. It's almost always because of her team, but still. I didn't play a lot of games, but I have a 0% winrate with her, it's pretty ridiculous.

I enjoy playing her but I can't even disagree with you. Even the games I win with her are usually awful.

Ketch

You had just logged off when I got on EU to see if you were on. Then you popped back into the launcher and I sent it and waited a few. No worries, just giving you shit :p

None of the summer stuff is cheap that I know of (at least not skin/mount wise). The cheapest are the epic versions of some of the summer skins (which also have legendary versions, go figure) and they are still 600 shards instead of 400. The rest is legendary at 2400 instead of 1600.

Beyond that, though, yeah it is a bit annoying. I want the stuff and I'm willing to pay for it, but I have no real avenue to do so. You're basically either going to have to buy copious amounts of event boxes (which really need to have their drop rate tuned up just a tad due to how much "junk" is available in the RNG for both event and non-event), or grind the hell out of some loot boxes through leveling. If you have a long tenured account or not a lot of gold, that second part is even harder which was a big part of mine and other's QQ when 2.0 was coming til they upped the veteran rewards.

Just let us give you straight cash for the tint we want - like make the bundle dynamic or something instead of pre-set (ie: Sun's Out Guns Out bundle = pick one Stitches, Tychus, and Tracer summer skin each and one Surfboard tint) - and I think some of the problem is taken care of there.

Don't they have a bundle to buy with the summer stuff? Does it not include everything?
That's so stupid if true

DTC

Tyrande is alright, but I think they put way too much power in her E and too little power in the rest of her kit aside from the mark. I've had games where my E's started to do 1200 damage even before mark, but the rest of the abilities, especially the ults, feel bleh.

Alur

Don't they have a bundle to buy with the summer stuff? Does it not include everything?
That's so stupid if true

No, it doesn't. That's why reddit has gotten up in arms the past few weeks. And then w/ the surfboard that's what sucked for me.

The bundle is like 1200 or 1300 gems and you get the three heroes, 1 tint of their new skin (of which there are a ton of tints), and 1 tint of the surfboard. If you could pick the tints you get that wouldn't be so bad, but you can't unfortunately.

Tyrande is alright, but I think they put way too much power in her E and too little power in the rest of her kit aside from the mark. I've had games where my E's started to do 1200 damage even before mark, but the rest of the abilities, especially the ults, feel bleh.

Like the THH guys said last week, they really need to take power out of her trait/mark and put it back into the rest of the kit. The mark is what makes her so scary for them to balance. Just neuter it down and turn her into a real ranged auto attacker IMO.

Altairre

I've been playing the Tyrande build McIntyre showed off in a recent video and it feels really good. You can gank people incredibly well, even by yourself. The owl is more for utility, specifically the slow + damage reduction talent and you use the q pretty much only on yourself to keep the spell shield from the lvl 4 talent up. Shadowstalk let's you run around at mount speed while in stealth so you can usually hit the initial stun without any problems. D into stun and owl does a ton of damage and a lot of heroes can't run away after that due to the slow. Works best if you have an actual healer on your team obviously.

Like the THH guys said last week, they really need to take power out of her trait/mark and put it back into the rest of the kit. The mark is what makes her so scary for them to balance. Just neuter it down and turn her into a real ranged auto attacker IMO.

I do agree with this though, would definitely prefer it that way. Would help with matchmaking as well.

Just had a game where this tyrande kept saying how good they were, that they were grandmaster and shit. After the game checked the profile, they had silver 4... lower rank than I am lol... wtf. That whole game talking shit about how they're so good.

Just had a game where this tyrande kept saying how good they were, that they were grandmaster and shit. After the game checked the profile, they had silver 4... lower rank than I am lol... wtf. That whole game talking shit about how they're so good.

Probably think he's such a good troll and lulzer omg Trump please follow me on Twitter.

scoobs

This is why HGC is good. EiD looked like they'd never win a game and here they are up 2-0. No Tomorrow, Team Freedom, and EiD proving the system works

Ketch

What if they get 3-0'd?

Damn that would be hilarious

Edit: @scoobs even if they win they're only 1-5.

Lol this tychus trailer.

Alur

That trailer was good. I don't remember that being linked in thread.

EiD kind of proving what the THH brain trust suggested when discussing the Crucible and stuff - it's hard to compete with the pros (unless you are a team of former pros) without getting those reps in. As they get the reps in, they are improving. Still wouldn't call em good by any means, but I enjoy seeing these teams take steps forward against the "better" teams.

Is Warhead Junction a common map to be played in NA? Not sure it's been played in EU for a looooong time.

I don't think it's common, no. It pops up every now and then.

SashaNein

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's common, no. It pops up every now and then.

Okay cool thanks. I don't often get time to watch the NA games.

Looking forward to how the Stukov patch will change the meta. Will be nice to see a bit less Anub'arak I think.

Ketch

Yea it's pretty nuts.

Can't wait for nvt to officially be the worst

They are sooo far ahead

Holy shit

Any given Sunday. Too good

Keep losing jake

Lucio seems pretty good. I know he got a little over nerfed but he does have a few things about him that are unique. He is hard to pin down due to wall running, so in certain areas he is difficult to take out. His ult is quite powerful sustain where a lot of other healers have weak sustain ults and often take damage/utility. His move speed buff lets his team do some stupid pushes and he can attack while moving like tracer.

I could see him being pretty popular again if they tune him a little bit.

scoobs

My friend is new, and he is having some issues...
HYTXO4U.png

Ketch

Lucio seems pretty good. I know he got a little over nerfed but he does have a few things about him that are unique. He is hard to pin down due to wall running, so in certain areas he is difficult to take out. His ult is quite powerful sustain where a lot of other healers have weak sustain ults and often take damage/utility. His move speed buff lets his team do some stupid pushes and he can attack while moving like tracer.

I could see him being pretty popular again if they tune him a little bit.

I think the recent buff did a lot for him. I think he's actually decent but comp dependent. Like if you had an auriel comp without a good generator you could pick Lucio instead and instead protect the back line with speed boost. Like if you had a solo backline KT or hammer and lucio just boosted them out of danger all the time.

Or like if you wanted to play an aggro style with like double bruiser instead of a main tank. You could just run over people with the right comp and speed boost. Like Artanis/Sonya or something.

Lucio not having any wave clear or damage is kind of his big problem now I think.

kirblar

I think the recent buff did a lot for him. I think he's actually decent but comp dependent. Like if you had an auriel comp without a good generator you could pick Lucio instead and instead protect the back line with speed boost. Like if you had a solo backline KT or hammer and lucio just boosted them out of danger all the time.

Or like if you wanted to play an aggro style with like double bruiser instead of a main tank. You could just run over people with the right comp and speed boost. Like Artanis/Sonya or something.

Lucio not having any wave clear or damage is kind of his big problem now I think.
Yeah, Lucio isn't a playmaker character, but that's ok.

Slowly buffing his healing up over time is the right call cause he's really annoying as an S-tier character.

Ketch

Yeah, Lucio isn't a playmaker character, but that's ok.

Slowly buffing his healing up over time is the right call cause he's really annoying as an S-tier character.

I actually think his healing is decent now with the amp it up buff. I'd rather see him with a little more damage so he's not like morales tier.

Alur

The new Twitch meme that's also circling reddit gets a chuckle out of me every time.

Someone makes a nice play in game (or a very bad one) and a commentor references it in the same way you usually see on Twitch. Like normally you see people play a game with a pro or streamer and they go to the channel and say, "ggs Mc I was the Valla that game".

Last night Fan was playing on Braxis and his team failed to get this same keep twice even though it had just a sliver of health. Trying to get it caused them to wipe, which lost them the game. Someone in Twitch chat piped up, "gg Fan I was the keep in that game sorry". Good lulz. Another happened in the amazingly lucky shove with Stukov reddit thread, where a guy replied and said he was the wall who stopped the enemy Stukov and stunned him so the team could kill him.

It's silly but I love it.

Speaking of surf boards. I just got one.

Grats, I have managed two. The one from the bundle and then I got it's counterpart from a loot box. Can't remember which one was bitten and which wasn't.

The goofy Spider-man one cracks me up.

Please please please for the love of all things Holy. Learn to core.

If you are on Garden of Terror, and you have a 24 minute garden and no enemy keeps up... Unless you have to take care of catapults... Just. Go. CORE.

Everyone had the memo except for a lone Guldan who was worried that Valla was going to get our top keep.

We died with enemy core at 10%. Feels Fuckin BAD Man. Suffice to say, there was a chorus of pings after that.

scoobs

I feel like Garden of Terror is the map where this always happens to me. People just have no idea how easily you can drop a core with the terror up (also people are just stupid and don't know when to core in general)

This will be the first international event that Dignitas isn't present in since the team formed. Poor Dig!
They still have a shot. If experts beats liquid and dignitas beats tricked they'd be tied for 3rd with tricked and their match result would be the tiebreaker.

no idea what happens with a 4 way tie if liquid beats expert and dignitas tricked.

brian!

Nt seems like they got sponsored
Jury's out whether it's a big org or not, but they deserve it. Hopefully they dont get insta-complacent like nvt

brian!

Im just reading from that guy that can't stop letting everyone know that he has insider knowledge (lj something) that nvt is just a group of friends getting paychecks atm (i was super confused about the idream pickup until i saw this)

But itd make sense because the way nvt play is like they dont ever practice or try very hard.

Like they were on the verge of picking up a tank and support player from kure's old team but instead just went "nah we'll take idream, keep bkid, all gucci"

brian!

I mean i feel like in the end the most likely explanation is that they suck at the game and are bad at making decisions or working together. Like "i wasnt even trying lol" isnt a good explanation even if it were true

Kioshen

If they are satisfied with the paycheck and don't feel pressure from the Open Division, it's a free ride for them. It's making a mockery of the system but if they don't have any aspiration to get better I guess that's where they'll stay.

Alur

They are kind of like those premier league teams that spend just enough to stay out of relegation but never try to push any further up the table, either.

It's also possible the game just passed them by. We saw it happen with the C9 boys too. Really the only person out of both groups who has continued on at a good clip has been Fan. Everyone else involved in both teams has either been cast out (Mc, Arth), or are/spent a long time on a terrible team. I guess Caff and k1 could be exceptions if they can maintain through this season.

Also last night on stream Fan said he was very vocal on NVT, perhaps the most vocal, which was a surprise to me.

I am not impressed with guldan. Seems like his E cooldown is decent but it's such a long cooldown. His Q is short cooldown but the range puts him in danger of which he has no escape. The W lets him sustain and be a little tanky, but again puts him in too much danger in a team fight. Only his ult seemed very strong.

His wave clear seems very strong. But I think his team fighting is just a little lacking. Granted this impression is based on QM where I was just grinding him to lvl 5.

Top Bottom