• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEY GUYS BREAKING NEWS Japan scans are banned man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosma

Banned
I think it's obvious it wasn't Japanese mags that contacted GAF but US based ones that were worried that GAF would post scanse of things they wanted to print in the future too.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Goodbye Jesus and Budha rolled into one... Famitsu thread won't be the same anymore.

That sucks but I understand the reasons behind this.

TJ Spyke

monchi-kun said:
it seems their legal teams do

More likely somewhere went and e-mailed Famitsu about the scans.

It's not a big deal to me since the scans are usually shitty, but it was still nice to have them.

Wait a second, scans are banned, but can we still get crappy cam pictures of the pages? That's usually what we get anyway.

I am incredibly bitter right now. Sorry.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kinda sucks for those who aren't in Japan, but this gives me minimal motivation to actually go pick up Famitsu every week now. Well, that or just read it at the newsstand.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so no fam scans , no FFXIII CGI scans anymore ?

2292982393_4ca0471ebc_o.jpg

kay

thetrin said:
Kinda sucks for those who aren't in Japan, but this gives me minimal motivation to actually go pick up Famitsu every week now. Well, that or just read it at the newsstand.
It's not like they are banned from the internet.

i wonder how much money a publisher can make by localizing famitsu weekly in english and releasing it in western territories...

thetrin said:
good point if I lived in Japan the only reason I would buy Famitsu would be to scan and share on GAF ;p

seriously this is why people have Nintendo Power subscriptions

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll said:
I hope there's a HUGE media blow out on tons of games in tomorrow's Famitsu. :lol

You are a vile human being but I support this. :lol

thetrin

kay said:
It's not like they are banned from the internet.

Yeah, but having to go looking for it (rather than having it force fed to me on GAF) is actually more work than just reading the damn magazine at a convenience store during my lunch hour.

kay

thetrin said:
Yeah, but having to go looking for it (rather than having it force fed to me on GAF) is actually more work than just reading the damn magazine at a convenience store during my lunch hour.
I know what site they all show up on though reggienotmyproblem!

Borys

Banned
Ban European scans while you're at it.

You can't disallow for US and JPN scans while allowing for German or French ones.

ram

sp0rsk said:

The scans usually come after the news.

yeah, but most news are worthless, when you cant see pictures for it >_> and many jap. games have some real strange names too.

Ferrio

Banned
Well crap, I guess they thought we were hurting their sales. I guess I'll have to buy the famitsu from my local store from now on.... wait...

Borys said:
Ban European scans while you're at it.

You can't disallow for US and JPN scans while allowing for German or French ones.
Might as well, I would be really surprised if there were more Japanese gaffers than European ones.

thetrin

Well, we'll always have linking to Famitsu's site.

PolyGone

Banned
too bad so sad,
Neogaf makes me mad
no more scans,
no more heroes
promo pictures were so fun,
Jesus & Buddha rolled into one
J-GAF J-RPG,
oh dear lord woe is me

Print is pretty much dying. Edge has been wandering around 30,000 subscriptions in the UK. I support print based until the next price hike.

so what do we have left?

we still have NPD data we got lucky on that

we still have Media Create Charts

we still have "Vinnk's Village" Anecdotal Report

we still have VGCATS

we still have PA

we still have 1UP Podcasts

we still have IGN's uh

GAF IS STILL KING! :D

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
I hope there's a HUGE media blow out on tons of games in tomorrow's Famitsu. :lol

Yeah, and then those of us who have access to the magazine early can go and laugh at the rest of GAF
and make shit up along the way
. :p

That was pretty stupid, not allowing US stuff but allowing Japanese stuff. I mean, the logic doesn't even work unless you assume there are no Japanese people here, which is asinine.

I mean, sure, as a Ron Paul Supporter, freedom and liberty is my bread and butter, but this makes sense. Plus, I mean, that French website still exists for those people who really care, of which I doubt there are many.

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
Yeah, and then those of us who have access to the magazine early can go and laugh at the rest of GAF
and make shit up along the way
. :p

I like this line of thought!
FFXIII Xbox360 blow out confirmed?!

ziran

Aristotlekh said:
That was pretty stupid, not allowing US stuff but allowing Japanese stuff. I mean, the logic doesn't even work unless you assume there are no Japanese people here, which is asinine.

I mean, sure, as a Ron Paul Supporter, freedom and liberty is my bread and butter, but this makes sense. Plus, I mean, that French website still exists for those people who really care, of which I doubt there are many.
Yeah, it always seemed really fucking stupid to allow scans from one region but not another.

All or nothing makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom