• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Mikey, he likes it! It being Mark of Kri, of course.

Matlock

Banned
I bought this with much reservation a few hundred hours back...then let it rest on the floor. I heard hype about it all over. It's supposed to be amazing...fascinating combat...you know the drill.

I looked. Stared. Wondered.

...until I threw it in.

First level, nothing to it. Go through, kill a bunch hof guys, screw up everything...Basic brawler. But then it throws you a change-up.

stealth

Now, I'm not much a fan of stealth (MGS level stealth is about the tolerance I have for it), and I initially didn't like this title once I reached a part where i had to be stealthy. But then...I learned. I found my way. That magical moment where you have a sort of connection with the main character happened.

I can't say enough good things about this. It's beautiful, it's smart, and best of all...amazingly violent.

All I know right now is that you can sign me up for the sequel on launch date. :)

moist

I've been about 1/2 way done with this game for about the last 8 months, I really need to throw it in again and beat it already.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
One of my favorite games of 2002 (I think it came out in 2002). I'm not a big fan of stealth but for some reason I really liked it in this game. The last level turned me off though. I liked the control scheme, the way you move the right analog stick to assign button assignments to individual enemies. Sure the action isn't deep or anything but the game is pretty satisfying

A friend gave me his copy when he got rid of all of his games. Sadly, the thing wont boot up in my Playstation 2. But it did in his. I dont get it. There seems to be somewhat of a scratch on it, but I dont get why it would work in one machine and not another. I really want to play it, too. Reading this thread makes me want to just go buy another copy.

Dude, I was going to start this thread but seeing how the board was new and I got my re-registered, I couldn't post yesterday. (GLAD TO SEE THE GAF BACK!)

Pretty much the same reaction that I've had to this game. LVL 1 = meh. LVL2 withs its stealth components is a tad more interesting although I find the visuals in the game to be very average. THe violence was cool the first couple of gos and then I found the camera slow (matrix) styling a bit annoying. GUess it will get better.. fingers crossed. The bird kuzo control elements is nice but I do find it a tad gimmicky and redundant. In other games, like SC, you have to work it out. Here the bird pretty much gives it away (but then you can chose to not use KUZO). Combat is horrid.

Hate the town/Inn interface and the horrible FMV cutscenes. They're ingame but prerendered?!? Lousy.

Ashitaka

Matlock said:
Went into the arena, played with the axe a bit.

Wow. Just wow. :D

The axe really does crank the violence up to new levels. There's nothing like wading through a herd of guys and just sending limbs and torsos flying in all directions.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
If Bottle Rocket can make Rise of the Kasai as good as Mark of Kri without the ridiculous last level, it's going to be a hit IMO. I can't give enough praise to MoK, it's really one of the best titles on the PS2 for the price you can grab it at now. And if you thought the 'sketch' FMVs from the first game were cool, wait till you see the ones in Rise of the Kasai. :D

Top Bottom