• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Spidey freaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendo

Vasectomember
I stopped reading comics a while back, so I was curious to find out how one of the storylines ended up. There was some sort of clone thing around 93-95, and the "clone" wore a blue t-shirt and was called "Ben", I think. But it turned out he wasn't the clone, and the real Spiderman was the clone!

So my question is, whatever happened to the clone/Ben?

Ok to sum this up easily.... Ben was the clone all along. It was just mind games by Osborn. It eventually ended up with Ben dying an ironic death... being implaed by Goblins glider.

The stroy arc was so bad that it damned near killed the book.. and the company.

Wendo

Vasectomember
Outcast2004 said:
Ok to sum this up easily.... Ben was the clone all along. It was just mind games by Osborn. It eventually ended up with Ben dying an ironic death... being implaed by Goblins glider.

The stroy arc was so bad that it damned near killed the book.. and the company.

Right on! Thanks, I've been wondering about it for years. I never thought the story was very good, but I was curious how they'd kill off the clone.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Maximum Clonage Dude!

MaximumClonageOmega.JPG

Cowabunga!

Dujour

Banned
The way the ended it was awesome, though. After he was impaled, his body deteriorated into ash or something and MJ lost the baby. They tried to allude that it was kidnapped, but it wasn't.

Anyone else a little scared about the brief mentions of the clone saga that have been occurring in the Marvel Knights Spider-Man book out now?

Wendo

Vasectomember
Are comics in general any good these days? They seemed to kind of go downhill about 10 years ago or so. I know Batman doesn't seem as good. The "Bat-Family" is pretty insane, and there haven't been any really decent story arcs since Knightfall.

Are comics in general any good these days? They seemed to kind of go downhill about 10 years ago or so. I know Batman doesn't seem as good. The "Bat-Family" is pretty insane, and there haven't been any really decent story arcs since Knightfall.

comics are doing great nowadays.

really decent story arcs since Knightfall.[/

well now you lost me. oh wait, you're one those types of fans.......

once again i must say it though....

DC WINS! DC WINS!! DC WINS!!!

Rorschach

Serafitia said:
The way the ended it was awesome, though.
-1 Serafitia.

Also, I thought the first post was a joke post :|

[edit] Oops...I read Wendo as "Willco" and saw his avatar as Bruce Campbell...holly shit I need to get more sleep.

Seth C

Rorschach said:
-1 Serafitia.

Also, I thought the first post was a joke post :|

[edit] Oops...I read Wendo as "Willco" and saw his avatar as Bruce Campbell...holly shit I need to get more sleep.

Well I'm going to +2 Sera, just because.

Dujour

Banned
I don't know, Rors. Sure, it brought back yet another person that should've stayed dead, but the arch was over. The art rocked, Jr. doing the same character that his father did last... come on.

Shinobi

Serafitia said:
The way the ended it was awesome, though. After he was impaled, his body deteriorated into ash or something and MJ lost the baby. They tried to allude that it was kidnapped, but it wasn't.

Implied? They showed a panel of the kidnapping taking place!!

Well, they showed something anyway...suppose it could've been Norman's used Depends being taken to a dump in secret.

Anyway, I'm glad Goblin came back...he's one of Spidey's better villians.

Rorschach

Serafitia said:
I don't know, Rors. Sure, it brought back yet another person that should've stayed dead, but the arch was over. The art rocked, Jr. doing the same character that his father did last... come on.
Jr's art aside, I thought you were talking about the story arch. Especially since you didn't even mention the art ;b

They finally responded to the overwhelming hate for Ben by killing him off, but they do it by making a great comic book death worthless. They tried to fix the continuity by fucking it up, basically. The arc was pretty tacked on last minute (the idea was to make Ben the real Spidey and let Parker retire so he can live with his family) and you could tell. Even down to the tacked on May Parker lived question mark ending. Also, the way they made Goblin bite the dust again..oy vey.

Anyway, I'm glad Goblin came back...he's one of Spidey's better villians.

Uhm...he dies again...in the same arch!

They just brought him back to kill Ben and die again pretty much at the hands of Peter.

Rorschach said:
Heh...I even spelled "holy" wrong. -_-

Dujour

Banned
Rorschach said:
Jr's art aside, I thought you were talking about the story arch. Especially since you didn't even mention the art ;b

They finally responded to the overwhelming hate for Ben by killing him off, but they do it by making a great comic book death worthless. They tried to fix the continuity by fucking it up, basically. The arc was pretty tacked on last minute (the idea was to make Ben the real Spidey and let Parker retire so he can live with his family) and you could tell. Even down to the tacked on May Parker lived question mark ending. Also, the way they made Goblin bite the dust again..oy vey.

He didn't die again, you fart. He explained that he had a healing factor or something like that. He was back in like two issues.

Rorschach

Serafitia said:
He didn't die again, you fart. He explained that he had a healing factor or something like that. He was back in like two issues.
For all intended purposes, he was dead. ;b

I was wrong, but no one will ever know! I stopped reading because of the clone saga. :|

Shinobi

Rorschach said:
Uhm...he dies again...in the same arch!

They just brought him back to kill Ben and die again pretty much at the hands of Peter.

Right, but he's returned twice since then (once from an institute of some sort). The implication being he's like The Joker now...you can't kill him, you can only hope to contain him.

As for MJ's baby, nobody knows. They've pretty much pretended that whole episode never occurred, including Aunt May's death/kidnapping/whatever (think they brought her back the year after the clonage nonsense wrapped up), and MJ's pregnancy. But would I be surprise if she shows up in ten years as Gobby's personally trained super slayer to take down Spidey? Nope.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Don't worry thanks to the retarded Gwen's kids storyline we've now been given another Goblin to be used somewhere down the line....

Tamanon

Banned
What the FIZZUCK were they even thinking there? My god, that's a convoluted, annoying looking storyline. That would piss me off.

-jinx- said:
If that summary used ibid one more time, I would be forced to physically destroy their webserver.
my music appreciation teacher made us write a paper using that formatting style. ugh. why can't we just have one style (MLA would be nice) and be done with it? My wife's engineering formatting was confusing as hell (though you wouldn't think so :p) and I had a hell of a time helping her with her papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom