• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi, my name is stereo mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ9KfKx8PmM

I'm not sure why I still love listening to this song every once in a while. What are some of your favourite 90's one hit wonders?

As someone who loves 90's music and loves Trader Vics, this is a great song.

Basically my entire Spotify starred list is 90's pop (much of it British) so I could fill this thread for days. I'll start you all with three.

Lovefool - The Cardigans
You Stole the Sun - Manic Street Preachers
Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry

6e44de857c523ccbdc5108995abb4651.jpeg
Immediately thought of this.

Patryn

That song always confused me when I heard. Kept being convinced that it was some copy a person recorded off of radio.

Which I guess means the intro did its job well.

cacildo

Ah, there´s a million of em

The 90s should come back. I was watching some Blind Date videos on youtube... that was just great!

And the girls with the red hair... and the not so tight jeans...

And the fact that people werent looking at a phone 95% of the time (yeah thats right i complained about the phones!)

But there´s one song right there with the one posted by OP

OMC - How Bizarre

Sagely

Not sure if it qualifies as a one-hit wonder but I didn't hear much from them in the UK after this song:

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

Absolutely classic and it still counts, November 1999 apparently!

Edit: Drinking in LA is one of my all-time favourites too. This is a great thread for childhood nostalgia :3

cacildo

Fun fact: this song really sucks.

But its something that you only understand when you actually listen to it. Because when you read the name of this song you always think "Hey! That song! I have to listen to it again!"

And then when you actually listen... you realize you hate this song.

Its a strange phenomenon. Happens to everybody. In fact it happened to me several times, until i finally understood i hate it

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Great choice OP, I still jam to that on occasion.

One of my fave 90's bops is Cece Peniston's Finally

nJYbhCG.gif

scotcheggz

It's a little bit earlier, but it's just about in the 90s so it still counts right?

Beats Intertnational - Dub be good to me

And cos I feel like that was cheating a bit:

Groove Armada - At the river

Try and pick one song off dummy, good luck..

Portishead - Mysterons

Sleeper - What do I do now?

Fuck I loved the 90s. I was 15 in 1995, loved that era in my bootcuts and addidas!

Yeeeeeerssssss Underworld - Born Slippy live at glastonbury. Dropped my first pill at an underworld gig, oh to be young again lol....

Sagely

Prodigy - Breathe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ojuJdgquI
How do you guys put the song in the url link that you give so that it shows only the title?

Breathe and OP's song was in the Big Shiny Tunes 2 album I had when I was a kid, and I loved it.

Breathe is an amazing song, I love The Prodigy!
One more from me - Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
Good lord I remember those handkerchief tops being in fashion and all. Music videos from this era are so entertaining!

As for the link text, when you paste the URL into the box after clicking the Hyperlink button you'll see that some text is highlighted - this text can be changed to anything you like and it won't affect the link.

Breathe is an amazing song, I love The Prodigy!
One more from me - Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
Good lord I remember those handkerchief tops being in fashion and all. Music videos from this era are so entertaining!

As for the link text, when you paste the URL into the box after clicking the Hyperlink button you'll see that some text is highlighted - this text can be changed to anything you like and it won't affect the link.
Thank you! It would seem your link doesnt work, tho. :p

Well, give your ID card to the border guard
Now your alias says you're Captain Jean-Luc Picard, of the United Federation Of Planets
'Cause he won't speak English anywaAAAaaay!

And eveerybody knows, that the world is full of stuupid people
So meet me at the mission at midnight, and we'll divvy up there

Not really one of my favourite one hit wonders, but it is one of those songs that still rattles around in my head from time to time. Every once in a while I find myself humming the chorus line.

-Doin' Time - Sublime
-Money City Maniacs -Sloan (OK Slaon isn't really a one hit wonder, as they had many hits in Canada)
-RED - Treble Charger
- Superman's Dead -Our Lady Peace (yet again, not really a one hit wonder in Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom