• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden Gems for Xbox 360

Mirror XT8

Neo Member
great thread guys a lot of great choices allready chosen.
heres my top7-

1-eternal sonata
Great rpg about Chopin in another world with his music. i hope they make it BC in the next batch.

Dgazkf1.jpg

2-silent hill hd collection
a lot of the complainers were wrong this games bugs were fixed on X1 unlike the buggy crashy ps3 version. i deffinetly reccomend this great collection along with homecoming and downpour which are also back compat.

Xe1YqwI.jpg

3-mars war logs
very unique rpg betumup kinda like total recall. prety short but different and leads into the technomancer on X1 which was part of game pass and games with gold.

g7xseNd.jpg

4-metal gear solid peacewalker
very underated game in the series. the fact that it has coop really held it up for me. fun upgrading mother base.

OkeW7fL.jpg

5-fable3
i picked the lesser popular one. while the anniversary didnt have multiplayer, 2 only had splitscreen, 3 has full online coop. this fable mayhve been too diferent for many to like but is very unique in its approach.

Dwx7J18.jpg

6-mass effect1
what more can i add?

NuPMHnR.png

7-tomb raider legend
the first reboot of Tomb raider i personally enjoyed more than the second 2013 revival. it had light humor which is missing a lot from the 3rd reboot which i still liked. and its back compat

ni7MQuR.jpg

honrable mentions that are backwards compatable-
splinter cell: conviction,blacklist,double agent
darkness 2
kameo
kane and lynch games 2
call of jurez bound by blood, the cartel
king kong
persona 4 arena
assassins creed 1, revelations
perfect dark
soul calubur 2
saints row 4
call of duty world at war , black ops 1 ,2
dead space 1,2,3
fable 1,2
the sabotuer
mass effect3 with addons
silent hill home coming, downpour
alice madness returns (dlc of the original game was free)
hitman blood money
mafia 2
sonic adventure 1,2
prey
red dead redemption
far cry blood ,3
crysis 2,3
zone of enders
mgs hd
brothers in arms hells highway

honrable mentions continued that are not as of yet back compat on X1/XSex-
condemned 2
bianary domain
kane and lynch deadmen
fear 1,2,3
lost via domus
la noire
max payne 3
nier
soulcalibur 4
the club
the godfather
persona 4 arena ultimax

bronk

Banned

One of the best multiplayer games on the system and one of my personal top 10 games on system. It was only a $1. I wish they would re-release it.

Naked Lunch

Looking over my collection, the 360 might have my favorite library. Its a toss up with the PS2. the 360 might have the best 2d japanese bullethell shmup lineup of any console - which is crazy. Heres some of my picks.

-Armored Core For Answer and Verdict Day -best mech games of all time.
-Cave shmups. Theres tons. Espgaluda II and DoDonPachi Ressurection are my tops.
-Virtual On 4 Force and Orotorio Tangram
-Bionic Commando 3d
-Bionic Commando Rearmed 1
-Tenchu Z
-Ace Combat 6
-timeless masterpiece
-Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising - we need more milisims on console, this gen had next to none.
-EDF 2025 - came out late in the 360's life and was overlooked. content packed
-Poker Smash
-Bangai-O HD Missle Fury
- Treasure at their most insane, one of the most difficult games ever
-Dungeon & Dragons Shadows over Mystaria - Capcom's brilliant D&D beatem ups.
-Strania -modern shmup classic
-Radiant Silvergun - hopefully its not a hidden gem but this is still the greatest shmup of all time and still fetches $100-200+ on ebay for the saturn original. I think people forget its on 360 and XB1 BC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Some great memories here :)

I think NeoGAF time isn't as kind as it should be to the 360 :pie_thinking:

-Troid-

Banned
After playing Neir Automata while back I've felt like digging out my 360 and trying to find a copy of the first Neir since it's not BC.

Any other non BC games?

Last edited:

me0wish

We split screen finished all EDF games from newest to oldest last year, so we finished with 2017. OMG it runs so slow it's amazing. Kinda adds to the experience. Was a lot of fun
That sounds awesome, why stop with 2017 though? It runs like a dream on an xbx btw, I really love the xbox's bwc.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That sounds awesome, why stop with 2017 though? It runs like a dream on an xbx btw, I really love the xbox's bwc.
We did 5, 4.1, Insect Armageddon, Iron Rain and 2017.
2017 and Armageddon on 360. Rest on pc 4k 60 :D

Virex

Banned
great thread guys a lot of great choices allready chosen.
heres my top7-

1-eternal sonata
Great rpg about Chopin in another world with his music. i hope they make it BC in the next batch.

Dgazkf1.jpg

2-silent hill hd collection
a lot of the complainers were wrong this games bugs were fixed on X1 unlike the buggy crashy ps3 version. i deffinetly reccomend this great collection along with homecoming and downpour which are also back compat.

Xe1YqwI.jpg

3-mars war logs
very unique rpg betumup kinda like total recall. prety short but different and leads into the technomancer on X1 which was part of game pass and games with gold.

g7xseNd.jpg

4-metal gear solid peacewalker
very underated game in the series. the fact that it has coop really held it up for me. fun upgrading mother base.

OkeW7fL.jpg

5-fable3
i picked the lesser popular one. while the anniversary didnt have multiplayer, 2 only had splitscreen, 3 has full online coop. this fable mayhve been too diferent for many to like but is very unique in its approach.

Dwx7J18.jpg

6-mass effect1
what more can i add?

NuPMHnR.png

7-tomb raider legend
the first reboot of Tomb raider i personally enjoyed more than the second 2013 revival. it had light humor which is missing a lot from the 3rd reboot which i still liked. and its back compat

ni7MQuR.jpg

honrable mentions that are backwards compatable-
splinter cell: conviction,blacklist,double agent
darkness 2
kameo
kane and lynch games 2
call of jurez bound by blood, the cartel
king kong
persona 4 arena
assassins creed 1, revelations
perfect dark
soul calubur 2
saints row 4
call of duty world at war , black ops 1 ,2
dead space 1,2,3
fable 1,2
the sabotuer
mass effect3 with addons
silent hill home coming, downpour
alice madness returns (dlc of the original game was free)
hitman blood money
mafia 2
sonic adventure 1,2
prey
red dead redemption
far cry blood ,3
crysis 2,3
zone of enders
mgs hd
brothers in arms hells highway

honrable mentions continued that are not as of yet back compat on X1/XSex-
condemned 2
bianary domain
kane and lynch deadmen
fear 1,2,3
lost via domus
la noire
max payne 3
nier
soulcalibur 4
the club
the godfather
persona 4 arena ultimax
Only hidden gems I see are Eternal Sonata and Mars War Logs. The rest are 90% AAA games that are far from hidden gems and talked about regularly

FMX

613N6mioLoL.jpg

Probably the most underrated game of last gen. Maybe it was too ahead of its time. I played the hell out of this game. Microsoft is sitting on a gold mine with this game and with the right studio it could work today. Man I loved this game.

FMX

51rzNOUaTGL.jpg

I played the hell out of this game too. I still on it as a matter of fact. Just good clean fun.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
613N6mioLoL.jpg

Probably the most underrated game of last gen. Maybe it was too ahead of its time. I played the hell out of this game. Microsoft is sitting on a gold mine with this game and with the right studio it could work today. Man I loved this game.

Is this game still online? Or better yet, do people still play?

There are surprises like Frontlines still being played, so it could be possible.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member

Has anyone played this? is it good?

Top Bottom