• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya: "The Bayonetta series would consist of a total of 9 episodes"

Draugoth

Gold Member
(FYI) Hideki Kamiya on the future of Bayonetta Series:

"The Bayonetta series would consist of a total of 9 episodes and I wanted to grow the franchise as the "Bayonetta Saga" [I envisioned] but it seems like I might have to take the whole saga to the grave with me."

"It's not like I own the Bayonetta IP, but I suppose those who do will probably keep it going."

The story in 3 and Origins made it clear they were preparing to open it up. Its a huge shame we wont see the rest.
I didn't finish Origins yet, but 3 was the first game of this kind where the story was bad enough to be distracting imo - which is quite the feat, considering what you usually get for character action. Can't say I'm interested in what lore Kamiya still wanted to come up with.

I'm more concerned whether any Bayo game at all will get greenlit without him.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Well... it kinda peaked on the second one. I mean, 3 is fine and stuff. Can't see being the greatest shit ever thou

PanzerCute

I love Bayonetta and respect Kamiya, but his writting is beyond terrible.

I hope the series continue, but I am not gonna miss his "vision" tbh.

Fbh

I love Bayonetta and respect Kamiya, but his writting is beyond terrible.

I hope the series continue, but I am not gonna miss his "vision" tbh.

Yup, the story has consistently been the worst part of Bayonetta.
The awesome gameplay gets constantly interrupted by so many cutscenes and story moments and it's all pretty terrible and kills the pacing (yet I still watch it for context). These games are always so much better when I'm replaying them skipping all the cutscenes.

Bayonetta as a character is fun but it should be like Devil May Cry where you just get some fun scene with her every now and then....not after every 2 combat encounters.
Bayonetta 3 and DMC3 are roughly the same length. Go to youtube and search "DMC3 all cutscenes" and you get some hour and a half videos. Then search "Bayonetta 3 all cutscenes" and even shortest ones are almost 4 hours long.

RavageX

I feel that a single story should be not broken up into more than 4 parts, and be sure to already know or have a general idea of the ending that way if a sequel is not not greenlit you can still tell fans, and not years later.

IF the series is successful then maybe add more....side story and things like that.

Astral Dog

Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ,amazing protagonist,fun combat and style.

Sad to see Kamiya leave Platinum Games for this reason,but even if the series ends here, we got 4 games that form a complete 'story' a proper conclusion

I don't believe a Bayonetta 4 is impossible, 3 games were already made without Kamiya as Director but obviously its gonna be difficult to continue this series

regardless, i hope Kamiya finds himself working on an even greater project in the future 👏

bender

What time is it?
He should apply for a position at Ubisoft so that he can knock 9 games out in about 5 years.

Top Bottom