• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hoenn Starter Mega Stones code out now for Pokemon Sun/Moon

In case you didn't know, Pokemon Sun and Moon didn't come with a lot of the mega stones from Pokemon X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire . Game Freak has slowly been releasing codes for the general public to get them in Pokemon Sun and Moon, though people could have gotten them earlier through online competition participation prizes.

Anyway, the Hoenn starter code is out now

The code is: MATSUBUSA

Using it in Mystery Gift will get you the Hoenn Starters (Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert) stones along with Camerupt and Bannette's

In case you missed past codes:

M2DESCENT - Gets you Mewtwo's two Mega Stones

AZUL - Gets you Steelix, Heracross, Pidgeot and Houndoom's stones

INTIMIDATE - Gets you Audino, Beedrill, Mawile, and Medicham's stones

Fj0823

Whoever thought about locking the Megas (a very popular mechanic) behind stupid high levels of BP grinding for the few ingame stones and secret codes for the ones they "forgot" to add should be fired

Still, better late than never...

Hopefully the UM/US has them as secret items in remote locations like OR AS, same for the Z Crystals

Whoever thought about locking the Megas (a very popular mechanic) behind stupid high levels of BP grinding for the few ingame stones and secret codes for the ones they "forgot" to add should be fired

Hopefully the UM/US has them as secret items in remote locations like OR AS, same for the Z Crystals

Hopefully Megas come back in a big way for USUM, I want new Megas.

Fj0823

Hopefully Megas come back in a big way for USUM, I want new Megas.

They're already bringing fusion back, that's about as much as you will get.

But yeah, new megas should happen every once in a while

New Exclusive Z moves instead of recycled animations would be nice too

At least they're not gamestop/GAME exclusive cards or timed exclusive events

Small victories I guess

But yeah, I swear most of my playtime has ballooned because of BP grinding.

Bowl0l

WrenchNinja, does your thread covers all the Mega Stone that Game Freak released since day one of Pokemon S/M?

woopWOOP

lol, not that I bother with Megas, but I figured they all were released by now...

Are all X/Y-ORAS stones now available in S/M or are there still a couple missing?

Berordn

lol, not that I bother with Megas, but I figured they all were released by now...

Are all X/Y-ORAS stones now available in S/M or are there still a couple missing?

There's still a couple that are only available if you participated in online tournaments, and others still that are completely MIA.

The former will be available as a public code like these most likely, the remaining ones are probably going through the same cycle of being a prize for tournament participation first and then available publicly.

Fj0823

At least they're not gamestop/GAME exclusive cards or timed exclusive events

Small victories I guess

But yeah, I swear most of my playtime has ballooned because of BP grinding.

Yet.

They also made it impossible to obtain Trade Evolution items except via BP.

By far the worst possible way of handling your only way to get some of your Pokemon to evolve. You should at least have 1 item in game and then farm BP if you want another, like it's always been

And don't get me started on removing the National Dex...

Africanus

Galladite, Gardevoirite, and Loppunite are still missing until the completion of this weekend's tournament.
EDIT: Wow this post was edited for DaBoss V.

WrenchNinja, does your thread covers all the Mega Stone that Game Freak released since day one of Pokemon S/M?
There's a participation in the May online competition reward, the reward for it was Tyranitar and Manectric's stones. Public code hasn't been released yet.

I think the only ones missing for the general public who didn't enter the competitions are

Ampharos
Tyranitar
Gardevoir
Manectric
Aggron
Abomasnow
Altaria
Latias
Latios
Lopunny
Gallade
Diancie