• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hokuto ga Gotoku launches February 22 in Japan

Rymuth

We saw Jagi in the trailer, so that rules him out as the Demon King.

Cant wait for some post-apocalyptic hostess hilarity.

omg is majima's hostess minigame coming back for this game? cause it looks like it kinda is

also i think majima VA is voicing Jagi

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This trailer made me really excited since I'm halfway finish watching Hokuto no Ken.

HOLY SHIT that's SOON.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they announce a localization at PSX for this and Kiwami 2!

The close release date gives me hope localisation might be within 2018. Can see kiwami 2 making it for summer and this being for end of 2018.

Will start reading the manga for prep once it gets a release date.

convo

We saw Jagi in the trailer, so that rules him out as the Demon King.

Cant wait for some post-apocalyptic hostess hilarity.

Now that he's confirmed, the Jagi everywhere system is a distinct possibility.
Also can i hope that the hostess-mini game from Yakuza Zero is gonna make it's glorious return?

Philippo

I swear to god Nagoshi's team must have 48 hours long days, they release games after games after games in such a short span of time.

In one of the best announcements of the year, SEGA announced that Yakuza‘s Kiryu will be playable in Hokuto ga Gotoku via DLC. The DLC will swap the Kenshiro character model with Yakuza protagonist Kiryu. Players will be able to play the entire game this way, although some cutscenes won’t reflect the change. It’ll be a part of the “Century-End Premium Edition,” which also includes several new equipment items, a PS4 theme, and some additional songs to use.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/09/19/can-play-yakuzas-kiryu-hokuto-ga-gotoku/

Hokuto-ga-Gotoku.jpg

This just won TGS.

pa22word

I may not be able to wait this one out. I needed this game injected directly into my veins five minutes ago yesterday.

Plz plz actually come to the west and in a timely fashion...will defo import if I have to.

Tizoc

Damn that's only three moths after Kiwami 2!

Can't wait. SEGA please bless the whole world with these games.
Psx 2017, gio corsi ends his segment showing off hokuto ga gotoku, and says "you can experience this manliness THIS MARCH 12th 2018!"

Psx 2017, gio corsi ends his segment showing off hokuto ga gotoku, and says "you can experience this manliness MARCH 12th 2019!"

ftfy

We are still waiting for Y6 (1 year and 4 months after the japanese release).

But maybe this game won't require as much work to translate.

pa22word

ftfy

We are still waiting for Y6 (1 year and 4 months after the japanese release).

But maybe this game won't require as much work to translate.
My only solace for the potentially long wait on FotNS is that maybe sega gets its ass in gear on getting the series on PC by then. I don't mind getting it on ps4 at all, it's just the system will be really long in the tooth by late 2018 eearly 2019 and id much rather have the game sitting on my steam account long term rather than having it tied down to the ps4 for eternity.

Anywho, hurry up sega! In the meantime, off to rewatch the anime @_@

Bear in mind that in terms of marketing and selling these games in the West we've been playing catch-up for years.

With 6 next year we'll have almost caught up to Japan. I don't doubt that localisation takes time and work, but Kiwami and 6 were likely also spaced apart as they were to not burn people out on the series.

Maybe Kiwami 2 and HgG will have a slightly quicker turnaround and we'll see both within 2018.

Only the former is a dead certain for a Western release though, I feel.

omg is majima's hostess minigame coming back for this game? cause it looks like it kinda is

also i think majima VA is voicing Jagi

Certainly looks that way, the little hostess bit shown in the trailer is a dead ringer for 0's hostess management sim and since it seems to have been fairly popular I can see it making a return. The team love to reuse assets and mini games across the series, and I'd not exactly complain if it were used again!

Rymuth

Holly shit. Is this OVA series!!?

Nah, it's from the Movie series. To be clear, the Shin Hokuto no Ken OVA is an entirely original story.
The five films adapt the original series up until the Raoh fight but each film is from the viewpoint of a different character (Yuria, Raoh etc)

Top Bottom