• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow Knight team hires Shark Jump Studios to expedite Switch version

Plum

That sucks. I was looking forward to getting this game until this decision. Ddfinitely won't be buying it now it's clear they've
jumped the shark.

I'm getting it day one I just wanted to make this pun

Fledz

At this point I'm really struggling to not buy it on PC instead. I want it on Switch but if I see it for a good price on Steam, I'm in. Shame though as it seems perfect for the portable.

Maybe not Day 1, but definitely sooner than later. Nintendo exclusives and indies are all i need from the Switch. My backlog is already stupid long.

TheMoon

That sucks. I was looking forward to getting this game until they jumped the shark with this decision. Definitely won't be buying it now.

I like the pun but I don't get what you're saying. They're speeding things up significantly now with this decision.

Souzetsu

I've heard good things about Hollow Knight so I was waiting for it to release on Switch. Glad they are working on getting it out sooner.

Nice. With the success Hollow Knight has received on PC critical and saleswise, it's good to see they can afford some external help to bring their game to consoles.

I think three. Or at least one more part time. But yeah either way it's insane that so few people crafted such an insanely big game while making so much of it so unique and polished.

Incredible polish and such a gorgeous art style. I'm blown away! I'm definitely going to double-dip on this when I get a Switch.

Cerium

Incredible polish and such a gorgeous art style. I'm blown away! I'm definitely going to double-dip on this when I get a Switch.
After seeing how utterly gorgeous Wonder Boy is on Switch, I really can't wait for Hollow Knight. It's going to be a treat to behold on that screen.

I want Indivisible too.

Speely

Banned
That sucks. I was looking forward to getting this game until this decision. Ddfinitely won't be buying it now it's clear they've
jumped the shark.

I'm getting it day one I just wanted to make this pun

I feel the need to acklowledge this because I appreciate the effort that went into the setup.

On topic, this is great news. I am holding out for this version, so it's awesome to hear that they consider it a priority.

Aldric

Yeah I'm not at all hesitant to double dip when it's out on the Switch. One of the best games in a year filled with amazing games and possibly my new favourite metroidvania.

lt's absolutely on the level of Super Metroid as far as l'm concerned. l'll buy it again once it's out for Switch just to be able to play it everywhere and because these guys need all the money for creating such an amazing game.

To be fair to the writer, that is kind of a weird exception in English writing. We have to put the apostrophe to indicate it's a contraction, but you'd usually use 's to indicate possession. It's kinda messy. So I can't blame someone for getting it wrong.
Would it not be its' then, or does that only work for plural possessives like "going to my parents' house"?

Or have I completely misunderstood how the s' works @_@

night814

Would love to see a lot of devs do the same and get people to help get games on this thing while it's still super hot, no one knows when the switch honeymoon phase will be over so they need to get games on the switch asap to get the best sales possible.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh, so this was after the "6 to 12 month" announcement? Fantastic, this is such a perfect Switch game that I stopped playing it on PC in anticipation.

Speely

Banned
One advantage (for devs/pubs) to porting games to the Switch that are already out is that there is a larger market for double-dipping due to the portability of the console. I think we'll see this happen a fair amount over the course of the next year or so.

Maddrical

Would double dip on this one if I had a Switch. Great game, probably the best Australian developed game that I've played that I know of.

i'll just wait to hear about performance but assuming it'll run okay switch is where i wanna play this

e: jesus christ i had a stroke writing this sentence

Phamit

SWITCH

Quick Update: Switch version is now feature complete! Prep your Joycons (Or your Pro Controller, if you prefer). From now till Hollow Knight’s (unspecified) Switch launch day it’s all about testing and optimisation, all the time. That’s still a task mind you! But things are really rolling now!

And though it may go without saying, Hidden Dreams will of course be included with the Switch version at launch!

http://teamcherry.com.au/hiddendreams/

Seems like the Switch Version is making good progress

Top Bottom