• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollywood Remake-fest: Bullitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

:(

Title: Bullitt
Log line: Centers on Frank Bullitt, a cool, no-nonsense detective who doesn't compromise and who walks his own path in his relentless pursuit of the truth.
Writer: Cynthia Mort
Agent: UTA
Buyer: Warner Bros. Pictures
Price: n/a
Genre: Crime Drama
Logged: 6/11/04
More: Remake of 1968 film which based on Robert L. Pike's novel "Mute Witness." Peter Vincent Douglas and Radiant Productions’ Wolfgang Petersen & Diana Rathbun will produce. Radiant's Sam Dickerman will executive produce. Chad McQueen will be a co-produce. Wolfgang Peterson will also direct.

No need for this.

Source This is a site that covers script writing. The section is dedicated to recently purchased/optioned material.

Trevelyon

Title: Jimmy Christ
Log Line: Jesus' adolescent younger brother comes of age in this sibling rivalry story set in suburban Bethlehem.
Writer: Randy Mack
Agent: n/a
Buyer: iCatcher Films
Genre: Satire Comedy
Logged: 6/7/04
More: Spec Script. iCatcher's Joanna Rudolph and Armak Productions' Randy Mack will produce. Out to elements.

Ripclawe

Banned
BITCHES!
just release this again.

6304698526.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OH MY GOD, NOOOOOO!

They're going to soooo butcher it. The original is perfect! And I'll bet anybody $100 that they completely ruin the car chase.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
this shit is starting to piss me off. Several old movies that I loved have been remade horridly.

Now I cant mention liking rollerball without people thinking that I am talking about that new shit... gah.

Even good remakes (like Oceans 11) are unecessary... really, who saw the movie because it was a remake of an old Rat Pack movie? Just call it something else, and ta da, same movie.

Pattergen

Fifty said:
2% of these will actually be made :p

Well, as an active (hobby as of now) screenwriter it gives me a better idea of what people are buying. Many of the projects have producers, directors, and even stars attached. 2% of the spec scripts and options will be made, but the ones with attached talent have a much better chance of being sent into development.

It shouldn't be a surprise that this is being remade too, they're also remaking Taxi starring...Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon.

I hope Warner Bros. bought the script so they could trash it, and not have the sacred memory of Bullitt and Steve McQueen utterly ruined.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>OH MY GOD, NOOOOOO!

They're going to soooo butcher it. The original is perfect! And I'll bet anybody $100 that they completely ruin the car chase.<<<

Cutrate CG car effects, as seen in 2 Fast, 2 Furious, here we come. (Although CG car stunts can be done extremely well. See Bad Boys 2 for proof.)

How can you fuckers complain about a remake of one of, if not the best car chase movies of all time.

What car chase movies have we had of late? Fast and Furious? 2 Fast 2 Furious? Gone in 60 Seconds?

All fucking shit.

The last good stuff we got was Ronin, though there was a good chase in that movie with Marky Mark and Charlize Theron. I'm fucking glad they're remaking one of the best car movies of all time. It won't be as good as the original, but not (car chase) movie ever will be.

I'm thankful that we have the potential of finally getting a good one after such a damned long wait.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
How is being named Bullitt going to help it have great car chases? Only talent can do that, and I have no reason to think that Wolfgang Peterson is up to the task. If it were John Frankenheimer, my interest would have been piqued, but he died recently.

Fifty

Pattergen said:
Well, as an active (hobby as of now) screenwriter it gives me a better idea of what people are buying. Many of the projects have producers, directors, and even stars attached. 2% of the spec scripts and options will be made, but the ones with attached talent have a much better chance of being sent into development.

Yeah, I was going to delete that message because of the fact that most of the scripts on that page had more than just a production company or studio attached. I'm a writer myself, so I feel particularly foolish. :)

On a positive note:

Title: Memoirs of a Super Freak
Log line: Centers on the life of funk rocker Rick James.
Writer: Rick James (author)
Agent: n/a
Buyer: Paramount Pictures
Genre: Drama Bio
Logged: 6/10/04
More: Autobiography. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura will produce. David Chappelle is in early talks to star.

:D :D :D :D :D

Kabuki Waq said:
I think you guys are forgetting how everything except the carchase was really shitty.

The movie sucked.

GO TO... HELLO!!!

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could say something so ri-goddamn-diculous. Yes, it has the greatest car chase in cinema history, but it just so happens to have a damn fine gritty crime drama surrounding it. Respect this movie or die.

Guzim

Title: 2176
Log Line: A retelling of the Revolutionary War, in which 13 planetary colonies rebel against an oppressive "mother" Earth.
Writer: George Saunders and Thunder Levin
Agent: Lew Weitzman at Preferred Artists (Saunders)
Buyer: Alter Ego Entertainment
Genre: Science Fiction Epic
Logged: 6/2/04
More: Ronald Shusett Productions' Ron Shusett and Alter Ego Entertainment’s Daniel Alter will produce.
Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom