• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld 3: Story Trailer - Gamescom Opening Night Live 2023 | Releases February 2024

Today, the galaxy is burning.

Join Intel Officer Isaac Paktu and Fleet Command herself, Imogen S’Jet, on a galaxy-spanning mission. Under sudden and brutal attack by a new enemy known only as the Incarnate, the Hiigarans must cross into the Anomaly, the place where the legendary Karan S’Jet disappeared without a trace.
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3.

Launching February 2024

Piggoro

Gameplay looks great but I'm still buffled by the decision to use full CG cutscenes. Creatively animated still images for cutscenes became Homeworld series' signature element, it gave these games a bit of a storybook/fairytale vibe. Animated GC cutscenes make it much more generic in my opinion.

raduque

I love the Homeworld games. One of the things that stuck with me to most was the 3rd I think mission where you jump back to Kharak.

Karen S'Jet's emotionless "Kharak is burning." beautifully contrasted by Fleet Command's quiet rage-filled "The subject did not survive interrogation." during the cutscene was perfect.

WitchHunter

Banned

These HW3 trailers feel so weak... I hope the game will be good, since I played the previous two like 15 times. This time they used the talented Paul Chadeisson's gargantuan spaceships, if I recall correctly, and that's in itself is a good sign. Nonetheless these trailers provide nothing out of ordinary, sadly.

Hudo

Heads up for the folks who like PCGamer, they seem to have a cover story dedicated for their February issue:
hw3-cover-article-in-pc-gamer-feb-2024-issue-v0-q7sqwc4gw5bc1.jpeg

amigastar

Holy moley, so tomorrow? Fucking YES!!!
It's here :messenger_smiling:

Hudo

I am erect.
It's here :messenger_smiling:
I AM ERECT

(and downloading right the fuck now!)

Red5

Holy shit downloading nowwwwwwww.

Off topic, since we have space based and ground based RTS games in HW universe, I hope they can explore a space sim in the HW universe in the veins of Freespace and Wing Commander, it would be so awesome with those ship designs, to roam inside the mothership.

amigastar

Game looks so beautiful graphically. And to think it's not even UE5 but UE4. That proofs you can still make nice looking games with last gen engines.
Anyways i hope it's a newer version than the press release we got 5 months ago.

Last edited:

Boneless

Reading that its crap, a shame but not completely surprised.

It makes me wonder, do they not invite homeworld fans to do some beta testing? Thats such an obvious step in the product development cycle that its hard to believe a team would not incorporate that.

amigastar

Reading that its crap, a shame but not completely surprised.

It makes me wonder, do they not invite homeworld fans to do some beta testing? Thats such an obvious step in the product development cycle that its hard to believe a team would not incorporate that.
Who said it is crap?
We haven't seen the campaign yet, maybe it's good.
Edit: I just saw Homeworld 3 uses Denuvo, ah well what can you do, right?

Last edited:

Red5

Can't believe people are bitching about the camera controls, I'm honestly surprised that people find it unusable/strange/weird. I played HW back in 1998 and I quickly adapted to the new control scheme without any issue.

The controls are dogshit, there is no bitching. This was sorted back in the late 90's with one of the most intuitive UI's and schemes ever put to code. These controls will be the death of this game if they don't get their shit together pronto.

Red5

The controls are dogshit, there is no bitching. This was sorted back in the late 90's with one of the most intuitive UI's and schemes ever put to code. These controls will be the death of this game if they don't get their shit together pronto.

Hold Right click to orbit plus WASD to move, figured it out in less than a minute.

CGNoire

Game looks so beautiful graphically. And to think it's not even UE5 but UE4. That proofs you can still make nice looking games with last gen engines.
Anyways i hope it's a newer version than the press release we got 5 months ago.
Heads up graphics in the story trailer are prerendered. Gameplay looks way different.

darrylgorn

There's the option to play the game with the classic controls as well.

Hudo

So, the new controls are weird but I adjusted to them quickly. The classic controls seem a bit off, tho?

WarGames is a cool mode even though it's a roguelike. They nailed the vibes, the visuals, the combat chatter, the music and audio and general. I am really looking forward to the campaign.

Top Bottom