• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon ZD Production cost at least €45 / ~$47 mil, peak team 250 people + 100 china

vivekTO

DerZuhälter;231243860 said:
I'm really interested to know more about how the outsourcing works.
"outsourcing art" always sounds really simple but what do I have to imagine here? Does the main studio say "We need texture work for grass, pelts, rocks and trees?"
What does the work of those chinese studios entail?

"outsourcing art" generally means, with respect to the outsourcing studios, The "Assets" which can be Props, animation, textures etc but they follow specific guidelines given by the main studio. The outsourcing studio don't really work on the Arts per say, unless it is something like Ubisoft , where more than two studios collaborate to work on one game.

There is a 25 people team in Brazil that did the 3d art, there was an article about it yesterday.

Did we get any official story about that , because Guerrilla didn't talked about that in the OP.

"outsourcing art" generally means, with respect to the outsourcing studios, The "Assets" which can be Props, animation, textures etc but they follow specific guidelines given by the main studio. The outsourcing studio don't really work on the Arts per say, unless it is something like Ubisoft , where more than two studios collaborate to work on one game.

GG has a GDC talk on this before.

2.5m copy to recoup cost?

??? Where did you get that from?

Don't publishers get something like $24-28 from a $60 retail sale? In which case they would need to sell around 2 million copies at full price in order to make back their development costs. Then if we factor in an additional 30% digital sales - that's 600,000 copies for $60 which is pure profit for Sony - which comes to $36 million.

None of that factors in marketing costs however, but on the other hand I bet this game will drive a lot of hardware sales so its actual overall benefits for Sony will be hard to quantify.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I would have guessed about ~$70 million at least, well done GG on doing such an amazing job with what's (these days) a lower end big AAA title budget! :)

Tomeru

This budget kinda explains some of the shortcomings the game has, me thinks. Even still, loving it!

Top Bottom