• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

Some sequel ideas:

Robots that have differing modifications that need to be inspected and analyzed before battle. Like heavy cannons on one Thunderjaw but really fast lasers on another. You can leave that for boss fights to make random battles less stressful but it would be cool to really have to analyze enemies before fights, always keeping you on your toes.

Of course, a lot more robots as well thats a given. Get really creative with it.

More weapons. Different "builds" so to speak.

Not sure what else lol! The game is awesome.

Some sequel ideas:

Robots that have differing modifications that need to be inspected and analyzed before battle. Like heavy cannons on one Thunderjaw but really fast lasers on another. You can leave that for boss fights to make random battles less stressful but it would be cool to really have to analyze enemies before fights, always keeping you on your toes.

Of course, a lot more robots as well thats a given. Get really creative with it.

More weapons. Different "builds" so to speak.

Not sure what else lol! The game is awesome.
2 weapon wheels
Buff the goddamn thunderjaw

RexNovis

Banned
Fantastic to see such a diverse game selling so well. Can only mean good things for the industry going forward.

Those sales numbers are disappointing.

Best game of this gen for me at the moment. I think it should sell better.

HAH! Nah. Try again.

G-Bus

Banned
Much deserved.

Can't wait to see how they expand on the already phenomenal game play.

More robots.

Improve swimming and climbing.

Give me a damn online challenge mode so I can take out some crazy robodinos with friends.

Maybe combine the idea of traversing tall necks with fighting something like a Thunderjaw.

Just more of everything.

Bought both digital deluxe and the physical CE. The game is pure bliss! I'm loving every second of it.

Aloy is such a fantastic character and in terms of open world vistas this game is unmatched. Length is also very appropriate in my opinion.

This game is fantastic, so it is great to see that it's selling well. I personally celebrated this milestone tonight by taking down my first Thunderjaw.

Despite the February release I could easily see this in some holiday season bundles, possibly to compete with Scorpio and Mario. It's that good.

I couldn't even pick up my pre-order because my GS sold out. lol

Isn't that what pre-orders are supposed to prevent? Classic GS.

Replicant

GG, can you please partner with Hot Toys to make a Die-cast figurine of a Thunder Jaw or any of your Horizon creature?

Will pay good $$$$$ for it......well, it's not like Hot Toys figures are cheap in the first place.

GG, can you please partner with Hot Toys to make a Die-cast figurine of a Thunder Jaw or any of your Horizon creature?

Will pay good $$$$$ for it......well, it's not like Hot Toys figures are cheap in the first place.

I'd rather have Lego set

33119694005_0b2ea30223_c.jpg

33059338442-490c3c0d73-o-1488997235431_1280w.jpg

Christhor

Not the article, but you saying "Sony hasn't exactly been putting out many great new first party IPs this gen" as if the only reason that it sold is because PS4 owners have nothing else to play. They have plenty to play and the game still sold millions.

lol. If you look at the OP, you would see that I'm talking about Guerilla's tweet and nothing else. Why would a console not having many new first party IPs this gen mean that people don't have anything to play? Playstation and Xbox have always been about third party games. Not sure why you were so offended by my original comment, it was not about the PS4 having no games, it was about Guerilla's non statement.

Guess I'll go back to playing Nier Automata on the PS4 now, if that game actually exists.

Usobuko

Banned
Not model-like or scantily dressed female lead + good diversity in the game.

Seeing this succeeded both critically and commercially is gratifying.

silva1991

"DLC teased"

I won't be interested in it until they show me new robots.

I enjoyed the story alot, but I'm not interested with just more of it.

I want to fight this guy from leaked concept art thread

KORNdoggy

ThreeA/threezero would do a better job. they're king when it comes to robots. check out their transformer/portal/titanfall/MGS stuff.

"DLC teased"

that's just a concept pic of the thunderjaw. you can tell just by it's weapons and general design

GLAMr

They deserve every sale, every accolade and everything else to come.

It's so awesome to see a game with a great female and decent PoC characters (I loved Varl as a potential love interest for Aloy, and Sona was great) in such a slick, successful game.

"DLC teased"

Yup I knew you were cool
ThreeA/threezero would do a better job. they're king when it comes to robots. check out their transformer/portal/titanfall/MGS stuff.

that's just a concept pic of the thunderjaw. you can tell just by it's weapons and general design
That's not a thunderjaw, there's a leaked concept art for that as well

silva1991

Looks way too small for a thunderjaw, but it's a possible i guess.

I'd quite like (new robo-wise):

Ankylosaur
Spinosaurus (another huge Thunderjaw-sized robo)
Maybe a massive dragon or wyvern robot
Maybe something like ape robots who swing around trees
Maybe some more large swimming robots like whales if they can have big bodies of water in the sequel

Bearing in mind I haven't seen all the robots the game has to show (only just arrived in Meridian) and I don't yet know the story reason for their existence so something like a wyvern (which is a dragon with only rear legs + wings) might be too far-fetched.

Some DLC ideas for enemies:

c3ff952f51e5ed81a4b3978270ac7e53.jpg

247123-turtle-robot-artwork-digital_art-futuristic-mech-machine-desert-748x468.jpg

2838375-o_1b7gqilr77ifcum1nnqsds1k7kq-full.png

Have it fire lasers from its tail!
I would feel bad killing it.

On a slightly more serious note, maybe a Phalanx-like creature?

tumblr_niwl85Sve61qejtrio1_r1_500.gif

Please let me override & fly Glinthawks/Stormbirds with the coming DLC.

I've been wondering that durinn my whole playthrough, but I guess the engine may not be ready for it yet.

hope

Banned
Bravo GG.Expansion is great news.2.6 Million is kinda overwhelming.Its going the Last of Us way i think.

Sony has another franchise now.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
with a female protagonist too

i never again want to hear that "women don't sell"

edit bc some people cannot humour: this is a good thing, because it shows developers that a female protagonist doesn't mean a game will bomb, thus dragging devs out of the cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy of "female characters don't sell --> don't market them --> shockingly, they don't sell".

"We" knew this after Tomb Raider became big decades ago. Too bad some people will always say the regrettable though.

while fighting that rockbreaker in the quarry, it got me thinking i really want a coliseum to fight for survival in this game. i hope they do something like that for the DLC and they could even make it coop, i would like to use that crazy
fucker that likes to kill bandit camps

here is for 3 times more of sales by the end of this year

EGM1966

while fighting that rockbreaker in the quarry, it got me thinking i really want a coliseum to fight for survival in this game. i hope they do something like that for the DLC and they could even make it coop, i would like to use that crazy
fucker that likes to kill bandit camps

here is for 3 times more of sales by the end of this year
There's one in the game actually: would be fun if DLC allowed you to compete in it.

SUPGUYZ

Banned
Bought both digital deluxe and the physical CE. The game is pure bliss! I'm loving every second of it.

Aloy is such a fantastic character and in terms of open world vistas this game is unmatched. Length is also very appropriate in my opinion.

I thought the last act dragged on a bit.

Alo0oy

Banned
There's one in the game actually: would be fun if DLC allowed you to compete in it.

I'd love an expanded Sun-Ring in the expansion, allowing you to fight any combination of machines and NPCs you want, or watch any combination of machines and NPCs fight (I'd love to sit and watch Nil or Talanah in a three way fight against machines and corrupted machines).

Mikey Jr.

Farewell killzone :(

It had 4 main entries and 2 portable games. I think that is enough. It's clear that killzone has reached its saturation point in terms of sales and popularity.
Continuing killzone would have made money for sure, but what is more important is time.
How do you put guerilla to good use? It isn't with another killzone game.

I can totally see another Dev taking over killzone though.

BigDug13

I'm learning so much about the world and the events that led to this current world in this first game. I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know the whole picture but I don't think I've ever been so enveloped into a video game story like I have with this game. I don't even read the books in TES games but I'm reading the individual notes I find in this one.

I'm just trying to imagine what they could possibly do in a sequel story to really grab me if most of the mysteries are revealed in this one. Like I said, I haven't finished the story yet so maybe I'm off, but that's my fear in a sequel. That there are no more compelling stories to tell. At least not on the level of what we have here.

That being said, I absolutely love the combat. If there were a few balance changes and maybe a dark souls style target-lock-on mechanism for the camera, I think a sequel could rival those combat systems from the soulsbourne series. So even if the story isn't on par in a sequel, the combat certainly could be.

A lock-on system would certainly make fighting against the humans more palatable too. I can't stand it unless I'm sneaking around machine-gunning fully buffed fire arrows at everyone from long distances.

It had 4 main entries and 2 portable games. I think that is enough. It's clear that killzone has reached its saturation point in terms of sales and popularity.
Continuing killzone would have made money for sure, but what is more important is time.
How do you put guerilla to good use? It isn't with another killzone game.

I can totally see another Dev taking over killzone though.

Is Guerilla Cambridge still around? Let them do it. Mercenary was my favorite.

BigDug13

Is Guerilla Cambridge still around? Let them do it. Mercenary was my favorite.

I'd rather have them working on something like Horizon Mercenary at this point. I really think they've got a way better IP to build on here. They've beaten Ubisoft at their own formula while getting close to soulsbourne in combat fun and beating the greatest story-driven games at a compelling story.

E92 M3

Pretty sure Horizon is my favorite new IP since Dead Space in 2008. I've been a Guerrilla fan since KZ1, so I assumed it was going to be good, but I had no idea they were going to hit it out of the park to this degree. Well done GG, congratulations.

You know what...I feel the same way.

Top Bottom