• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

jayu26

This game is gonna do for Guerrilla what Uncharted 2 did for Naughty Dog
Man I can only hope. But Uncharted 2 was also bit of a water shed movement for the industry as a whole, in terms of video game set pieces and movie quality cut scenes due to adoption of modern motion capture and general level of polish in story telling. I don't think Horizon is going to be like that. However, I hope that GG is able to prove nay sayers wrong.

thuway

I know two reviewers with the game that can't stop gushing about it. Also thank you to the guy who posted the ant stuff. Both guys hadn't even noticed it.

Man I can only hope. But Uncharted was also bit of a water shed movement for the industry as a whole, in terms of what video game set pieces and movie quality cut scenes due to adoption of modern motion capture and general level of polish in story telling. I don't think Horizon is going to be like that. However, I hope that GG is able to prove nay sayers wrong.
True, but perhaps it could be a big step forward in combat in WRPG's. TW3 is top 5 for me and I love Skyrim also, but I can't deny that the combat in those games is far behind what Japanese devs have been doing

You're right that it probably won't have the huge impact on the industry that Uncharted did, but it can definitely go a long way with combat

silva1991

She should dual wield bows in Horizon 2.

This isn't Dark souls >.>

19ISf5S.gif

part of me wishes they would add
mp co op like they did with shadow fall down the road

basically a pretty ass monhun type game

boy o boy

cant wait for horizon 2 rise of the mechs

Elandyll

Banned
If many other reviews are anywhere near the Engadget one on Monday, salt and crows will flow in the review thread.

Does Crow Jerky exist?

If many other reviews are anywhere near the Engadget one on Monday, salt and crows will flow in the review thread.

Does Crow Jerky exist?

The Horizon detractors are a vocal minority. Most people seem to be looking forward to the game and expect it to be solid.

Though the game may end up being more than "solid", which would be great.

I wish we got more reviews like that. It's very well written and expresses why the game is good for this person; it's not a review trying to appeal to everyone but rather why this game appealed to her. That is the kind of impressions and perspective you can't get from watching gameplay on Youtube

The Horizon detractors are a vocal minority. Most people seem to be looking forward to the game and expect it to be solid.

Though the game may end up being more than "solid", which would be great.
I count 5 threads last year saying this game is to be the next big disappointment. So not really a vocal minority

Aye. But it always somehow did seem that there was a lot of Concern (tm) in any HZD thread.

The "concern" is definitely there, no doubt. You'll get that in any first-party game thread (plenty of it going on in Zelda threads as well). It's definitely obnoxious, but fortunately, it's just a small, vocal band of shitposters.

I count 5 threads last year saying this game is to be the next big disappointment. So not really a vocal minority

That doesn't really mean anything. You don't place highly on GAF's most anticipated list in multiple years if the community at large isn't excited for the game. But yes, there are definitely some folks out there who are feigning concern for this game.

I wish we got more reviews like that. It's very well written and expresses why the game is good for this person; it's not a review trying to appeal to everyone but rather why this game appealed to her. That is the kind of impressions and perspective you can't get from watching gameplay on Youtube

Yup, I really enjoyed reading it for that aspect alone. I suggest all of you read it, not very informative on gameplay systems, but she explains pretty well why the game resonated with her.

People should look at the metacritic prediction thread. I am personally still hoping for above 85. It would be good for GG's first foray into the genre.
I'm personally going with 87. Above 90 would be a pleasant surprise for me. Also if this game reviews very well, I'm gonna bump the shit out of those old threads
Wonder if horizon has robocrows? Glinthawks is the closest I can think of lol

the reviewer was praising Aloy's chatty quirk

the same quirk that had so many post nitpicking about in countless threads

Monday will be interesting regardless of were this goes

Top Bottom