• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror fan community.

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
I have fond memories of the old movie Twisted Brain (70's I think)as well as:
Phantasm
Halloween
Terror Train
Funhouse
Hardware (more Sci-Fi I guess)
Evil Dead 2
Hellraiser 2
Nightmare on Elm Street 3 -Dream Warriors

I'm not a huge fan of the new horror genre but I liked:
Blair Witch Project
Paranormal Activity
Wrong Turn 2
Human Centipede
Get Out

But my favorite is Trick R Treat. It embodies everything about Halloween in one movie. Perfect!

Reactions: SpiceRacz

Peggies

Neo Member
Sep 18, 2020
I genuinely enjoyed "The Babadook"! Also "It follows", "Get out" and "The House that Jack built". Oh, and "The Perfection" on Netflix was really entertaining.

Reactions: Perry Simm

Labolas

Jan 18, 2015
Saw the sequel to Babysitter. It's alright, it kinda leaned in too hard with the comedy bits, but was ended pretty well.

DadEggs

May 26, 2011
just poppin in to let you guys know the annual horror movie-thon thread is up. feel free to check it out and participate if you're unfamiliar with it. its typically a fun way to spend the month making lists and sharing crits and advice

Last edited:

kingwingin

Aug 12, 2014
Didn't even know sudder was a thing. Just saved me a few hundred bucks here. Was planning on buying a region free bluray player and importing the dario argento films from arrow that are region b only.

Still plan on getting the discs eventually but now I can focus my money on the upcoming tremors 4k release and the Friday the 13th boxset coming out

• Fire
Reactions: Harts316
Aug 28, 2019
Didn't even know sudder was a thing. Just saved me a few hundred bucks here. Was planning on buying a region free bluray player and importing the dario argento films from arrow that are region b only.

Still plan on getting the discs eventually but now I can focus my money on the upcoming tremors 4k release and the Friday the 13th boxset coming out
I've got a region free, it was good for some releases. Inferno is a better release in UK, also grabbed the UK version of Night of the Creeps. Sometimes I want the foreign versions just for the better artwork.

Labolas

Jan 18, 2015

This was good but I don't think it's the scariest movie of the year. It definitely has its moments of levity, it's more about the mystery than the horror aspect and it really wasn't that scary at all. But still recommend. Next up is Beach House.

Reactions: Tenaciousmo

Labolas

Jan 18, 2015

Beach House is a typical minimalistic indie horror movie with pretty unique camerawork. It has decent tension moments but it has wooded characters. You can feel the budget for this movie. Overall very meh.

Reactions: Harts316

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hazuki Dojo
Finished Candyman. Damn it's still as good as i remember. This speech is still so beautiful.
I watched it a few months ago and it's one of the best horror films of the 90s imo. I was stoked for the new Candyman film, but the release date has been changed 3 time and now it's pushed back to 2021.

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
I watched it a few months ago and it's one of the best horror films of the 90s imo. I was stoked for the new Candyman film, but the release date has been changed 3 time and now it's pushed back to 2021.
I need to re-watch farewell to the flesh. It expands on the mythos and explains a lot more. Ot was one of the rare sequels that truly satisfied on all levels

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Next film I'm going to watch is Hellraiser. Not the shit ones, but the original two. Hellraiser and Hellbound. Clive Barker really did some good work. From there, I'll move onto The People Under the Stairs, Nightmare on Elm Street if I ever find a copy of it, Martin.

Reactions: CyRuZ and SpiceRacz

MilkyJoe

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2014
Watched Freddy vs Jason last night, what a fun little film, with some most excellent boobies 👍

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

I just watched this for the first time. Better than I expected. The first two acts were decent but the third went off the rails a bit.

Obviously nowhere near as good as the original.

Reactions: MilkyJoe

Labolas

Jan 18, 2015
^Hey I remember Mosquito. It was a pretty fun movie iirc.

So... I watched this... The best thing about this is Kristen Stewart and ain't her acting if you catch my drift.

Reactions: Classicrockfan