• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror game "Withering Rooms" will be released on April 2nd (SeriesXS/Ps5/Steam)

In terms of 2.5D games, I like the look of Little Nightmares III (and II and I) better so far
I think there's sections with others perspectives too, as the trailer shows!

I love LN too, but this seens more like a B horror movie, i love that! Illbleed, Clock Tower, Splatterhouse...

LN is poetry, subjective, brilliant!

Last edited:

El Muerto

Definitely getting Clocktower vibes along with some PS2 jank. $15 seems alright for this, lowest price recorded on this was $12. Reviews look good too. It's hard to find a decent horror game that isnt a remake or multiplayer.

Hey Blinkin

Not a big fan of "procedurally generated" and "horror" being in the same sentence.

Was procedurally generated gaming content a thing before No Man's Sky? Morrowind is the only other game I had known about prior.

I remembered it being a big talking point for NMS and how much Murray oversold the game.

Has the tech remained stagnant this whole time?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not the kind of game I'd play, but looks cool. Procedure gen levels is sweet too. Different game experience each time. If there's one type of game that should really need some randomness is horror games. Not much of a horror game if it's linear and scripted one and done game.

Hey Blinkin

Not the kind of game I'd play, but looks cool. Procedure gen levels is sweet too. Different game experience each time. If there's one type of game that should really need some randomness is horror games. Not much of a horror game if it's linear and scripted one and done game.

This is my stance as well. Survival horror would definitely be intense.

I don't play horror games often because the anxiety is too much for me. I love watching others play them though.

I've got Darkwood on Xbox but I still haven't built up the courage to play it. 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom