• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HORROR: PS3 Save data -> Corrupted

200611122219000bl9.jpg

Played Resistance on the living room TV yesterday evening late... exited the game (save & exit option). Shut down the PS3 through the PS button on the controller. Switched power off on the back of PS3. Carried PS3 to where I have my computer. Hooked it up.

This evening, switched on PS3. Started up Resistance - which then prompted me to wait as it creates "New Data" (me goes: WTF, they updated the code already?). Goes in to continue Single player - BAM, my data is gone. Only "Start new game" available.

Goes out in OS. And in the save game folder, I find the new resistance save, as well as a no-name corrupted file (2kb smaller than the new resistance save).

WTF

Alex

Is it just me, or are replies going ABOVE his post? That's kinda creepy considering the topic.

Also, early adopting Sony hardware is gambling... big time.

Oh I forgot, you're americans, you laugh at car-wrecks

Any ideas though? Someone quickly tell me it was my mistake.

OMG GAF Corrupted too. Jesus is returning! Run for the exit.

(I wasn't that deep in to the game and my online stats are intact)

ElyrionX

Alex said:
Is it just me, or are replies going ABOVE his post? That's kinda creepy considering the topic.

Nope, I'm seeing the same thing.

ZOMG SONY HARDWARE ISSUE SPILLS OVER AND CORRUPTS GAF AS WELL!!!~~

MMaRsu

Banned
winston_pr said:

It wasn't your mistake.. and I'm not american :)

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
winston_pr said:

Did you turn the console off while it was saving? That could have corrupted it. Make sure it says the save was completed before powering off the system.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
winston_pr said:

Did you turn the console off while it was saving? That could have corrupted it. Make sure it says the save was completed before powering off the system.

I was tired as hell (0200am) and was pretty quick in turning it off. Probably me nudging the console and exiting the game too quickly or something. Believe.

Looking at the shape of this thread, its probably my fault. Everything.

hirokazu

isn't there some sort of light to indicate HDD access like on most computers and the Memory Stick access light on the PSP?? that would at least give you piece of mind in knowing the drive isn't being accessed when you were powering off.

looks to me like you're out of luck unless you manage to somehow hexedit the save file back into a readable state. or it's eventually acknowledged as a bug in the game and they post some file recovery tool. speaking of which, how come no one has tried to install Linux yet?

MadOdorMachine said:

if he allowed the game to save then exit back to the system menu before switching it off, then it really should be unlikely that it was still writing the save file when he switched it off...?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

I just got the same problem in Resistance.

What the shit.

That's like 4 hours of gameplay GONE. Gay!

Reno said:

I just got the same problem in Resistance.

What the shit.

That's like 4 hours of gameplay GONE. Gay!

Uh oh this can't be good. How the **** could Sony quality control (or whatever they call the team testing games for bugs before they are released) miss this bug in a game as important as Resistance?

Did the world just change to Winter time (daylight saving scheme)? That could explain...

(OMG in 12 minutes I will see the guys in teh white Volkswagen kill me for the stolen plutonium.)

Checked Japanese forums but didn't find anyone else whom this happened for. Could it be because I switched System language to English language SINCE the savegame was created?

psy18

Whoa, someone must have posted with the 4D browser with PS3 at GAF!
Now it is spreading!
Quick, jump off your nearest window!

Amir0x

Banned
yup, the time dimensional rift is breaking upon now... the weight of all the PS3s released in the world is shifting the Earth's axis slightly

Top Bottom