• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotshot Racing | Official Reveal Trailer | Curve Digital

Bullet Club

Banned

It's a real blast from the past. Developers Lucky Mountain Games and Sumo Digital have crafted a fine tribute to Sega's best racers of the 90s. You can catch flashes of Outrun and Virtua Racing, all blended into a modernised arcade racer at 60fps. Flat shaded textures and low polygon models are the order of the day - as John and Tom discuss.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It took a while to get used to it - I feel like the car understeers a bit too much for my liking, but once I got the hang of drifting (initially I was holding the drift button down thinking I was playing Sonic Transformed) I started to actually navigate the tracks properly. Need to drag the wife in at some point for some 2 player action to properly test it.

Miles708

I love Sega arcade racers and Sumo Digital in general... but this looks a cheap imitation.
Virtua Racing on Mega Drive wasn't that ugly (maybe just in the washed-out Switch version), and the tracks don't look very interesting either.

I'm curious to try it, but honestly this looks pretty bad.

dan76

I've uninstalled it. Getting nudged into a spinout one too many times and the awful rubber banding killed it. Hopefully they will patch it and make the cars feel more heavy. New tracks and modes mean nothing without fixing core gameplay.

Top Bottom