• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the Dead 4 SPECIAL in arcades...anyone try it yet?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://hod4.sega.jp/hod4sp_f.html

hod4sp_pic01.jpg

hod4sp_pic02.jpg

hod4sp_pic03.jpg

An expanded version of House of the Dead 4, the two-player game sports many features geared toward increasing the players' sense of immersion. For example, it is fully enclosed and features a pair of 100-inch screens positioned in front of and behind the players. A five-speaker sound system provides the audio. Players sit on seats that automatically swivel throughout the game. The seats are force-feedback enabled to provide jolts at appropriate moments, and blasts of air will tell players when they've been hit.

Screens in front and behind players...how does this work? Looks like the game is huge if its in an enclosed area

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Man I hope the local Dave & Busters gets this, if it makes it to the US.

bumpkin

Haven't played "Special" yet, but I did play HotD4 for the first time over the holiday weekend. It was pretty cool... I wasn't quite as impressed of the game in person as I was the screenshots and such, but it was still a good time. I found myself thinking, "man, this would rock on the Wii... Fling the nunchuck to toss a grendade."

HotD4 is Lindberg-based (like VF5), right?

M3wThr33

Banned
So does that mean a large chunk of the game was redone to deal with dual screens? I mean, what's the point of having two if you just turn to each. Are they both always on?

Ooooh, I want to play.

Srider

Banned
Oh by the way, the seat vibrates and the game sprays air at you when you are damaged or pushed down by zombies.

US arcades for the lose.

Xellotah

M3wThr33 said:
oh, there were hardly any times you had to do that. Unless you suck and keep getting attacked by monsters.

Actually there are quite a few places where you need to shake... but personally I think this adds to the game.

M3wThr33 said:
oh, there were hardly any times you had to do that. Unless you suck and keep getting attacked by monsters.

Not in the version I played.

It happened quite a bit when not getting attacked, took quite a bit of shaking to end it and wore mine and my friends arm out after a while... It seemed gimmicky, I don't think the series needed it. Maybe if you could just wrestle the gun a bit in any direction it'd be better but I just didn't like shaking straight up and down.

It may not be the same on all machines I don't know...

Top Bottom