• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Republicans to Form Select Committee on #Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benghazi_1_zpsa5b8ce52.png

Qek45A2.png

Background on what Select Committee's are and how they differ from Standing Committees: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_or_special_committee_(United_States_Congress)

wildfire

Banned
I wish the geriatric generation of Republicans were as gungho about net neutrality as they were about Benghazi. Young republicans understand the problem but they aren't in sufficient power to push the party to do much about it.

Didn't.. didn't they already do this?

The repeat offenders are senile.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What sort of legal powers would something like that have?
I'm surprised its taken them this long

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI

I think this is more about Hilary now at this point. But if they can tarnish Obama at the same time, I'm sure they'll take it.

Good point.

I wonder how they will react when a woman is running a country. Something tells me it'll be the same as it was when Obama was in office. Probably worse since she's a Clinton and Republicans have pure hatred for them.

Wilsongt

CNN is reporting on this... But, honestly, CNN's hard-on with the Malaysian flight is almost as bad as the GOP's hard-on about BENGHAZI.
BENGHAZIBENGHAZI

Should there be an investigation? Sure why not. Should there be a super top secret crazy republican committee doing it? NO, HELL NO.

Honestly collect all the shit the government has on this situation, have a non biased party look at it and make a super report and move on. This is tiring and stupid.

Should there be an investigation? Sure why not. Should there be a super top secret crazy republican committee doing it? NO, HELL NO.

Honestly collect all the shit the government has on this situation, have a non biased party look at it and make a super report and move on. This is tiring and stupid.

There have been quite a few. They all say the same thing. Things could have been done better but no conspiracy and cover up

hughesta

Banned
Good point.

I wonder how they will react when a woman is running a country. Something tells me it'll be the same as it was when Obama was in office. Probably worse since she's a Clinton and Republicans have pure hatred for them.
CAN AMERICA HANDLE THE STREAM OF MENSTRUAL BLOOD FLOWING OUT OF DC??? MORE LIKE THE RED OFFICE

I guarantee you'll see that everywhere if Clinton is elected.

They already have their "results". This is just throwing more money at it to make it "more official".

Good point.

Uhhhh are you sure the common link isn´t just that they´re all Democrat presidents?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi
Benghazi Benghazi irs Benghazi

Link

The Autumn Wind
Republicans are more than content to let the country go to shit at this point as long as they can blame it on Obama. Party before country. Domestic terrorism at its finest.

everything the Republicans do is electoral and strategic minded.

Just because Hillary is the front runner, they think that milking Benghazi will hurt her in LOL 2016.

Only the 30% base of loony bin nut jobs that fully support the GOP will be onboard on this.

Average Joe who care about ''real'' issues is not gonna give a crap about Benghazi side show

NekoFever

I remember reading bitter Republican Facebook posts after the last election that would randomly have "Benghazi!" inserted between sentences. It's like talking point Tourette's for them.

They already have their "results". This is just throwing more money at it to make it "more official".

Fair enough. I honestly have not been following it closely so I spoke on a topic I knew little about. Sorry for that.

When are they going to go back to the IRS? That shit was real funny.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Did they get bored of shouting Obamacare? I think that would be a much more successful tact. No one gave a crap about Benghazi two years ago when it might have been relevant.

saelz8

If anything, they are just wearing Benghazi out. Even people that might have given a bit of a shit won't come 2016 because they harped about it so long and it amounted to nothing. They are blowing their load early.

gabbo

everything the Republicans do is electoral and strategic minded.

Just because Hillary is the front runner, they think that milking Benghazi will hurt her in LOL 2016.

Only the 30% base of loony bin nut jobs that fully support the GOP will be onboard on this.

Average Joe who care about ''real'' issues is not gonna give a crap about Benghazi side show

They will if their only news sources (Fox News, talk radio) drum it up non-stop.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Did they get bored of shouting Obamacare? I think that would be a much more successful tact. No one gave a crap about Benghazi two years ago when it might have been relevant.
Turns out people actually like having affordable insurance and not dying in the street. And it didn't end up destroying the country either. Who knew?!

leroidys

I wish the geriatric generation of Republicans were as gungho about net neutrality as they were about Benghazi. Young republicans understand the problem but they aren't in sufficient power to push the party to do much about it.

The repeat offenders are senile.

Actually, Issa is pretty pro internet freedom. Still an awful man and a stain on our country though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still don't know who this Ben Ghazi guy is or why he's so important.

Somnid

The entire premise of the Republican party is crumbling, at this point they're just anti-democrats and devil's advocates. They have no actual tangible issues they are working on, and instead are digging for whatever mud they can find to use for ad-hominem attacks on policy.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

ivysaur12

Banned
Benghazi Benghazi irs Benghazi

Quoted for #truth

Link

The Autumn Wind
The entire premise of the Republican party is crumbling, at this point they're just anti-democrats and devil's advocates. They have no actual tangible issues they are working on, and instead are digging for whatever mud they can find to use for ad-hominem attacks on policy.
Exactly my thoughts. In fact, I'd wager most House Republicans don't even know how to write legislation at this point. They were simply voted in because they promised to go against anything Obama tries to accomplish. These people don't know the first thing about functioning a government, because they have no intention on doing so.

Grym

CAN AMERICA HANDLE THE STREAM OF MENSTRUAL BLOOD FLOWING OUT OF DC??? MORE LIKE THE RED OFFICE

I guarantee you'll see that everywhere if Clinton is elected.

I'm gonna start printing some bumper stickers now:

Put the MAN back in ComMANder in Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom