• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do I get Closed Captioning to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I'm using a PS3 over HDMI to a Panasonic TC-P42S1, and cannot get CC to show up. I'm getting this problem on Dexter Season 1 and Sopranos early season sets. I turned it on on my TV and it just doesnt work. I'm stuck, does CC just not work with HDMI?

oh, and I've tried it on a Phillips upscaling DVD player over HDMI to a Samsung LCD, same problem. In that case, the CC option isnt even accessible on the TV, and it is ON on the dvd player.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I remember running into this issue before. It has to do with the upconverting of the DVD's. The part of the video signal that contains the cc are lost during the upconversion.

Are you sure the DVDs don't have subtitles? That's weird.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm pretty sure early seasons of The Sopranos simply do not have subtitles. Not until the 3rd or 4th season. I know because I just went through the whole series.

Ashhong

if u dont know what youre talking about, or havent read the thread, gtfo.

the early Sopranos dont have subtitles, but they DO have closed captioning. so i should try turning off upconversion? i already tried outputting the video at 480i from my ps3, but ill try just turning off upconversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom