• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you like your chicken wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizific

Bone in unbreaded. Usually I like the traditional Buffalo wing flavor, but I don't discriminate when it comes to flavor.

ZoronMaro

I think the meat often tastes better with bones, but honestly I usually go boneless for convenience. I don't give a shit if their just glorified chicken nuggets, cause you know what chicken nuggets are awesome.

Also breaded, and some flavor besides pure capsicum please although I do like some spice I'm not trying to burn my mouth off.

Now to read the thread to find good chains, BWW is the only one I really know.

nullref

Regardless of whether boneless "wings" "count" as wings, and regardless of whether they can be decent in their own right, they're worse than actual wings. The main pleasure of a wing comes from crispy skin and its fattiness, and nuggets/tenders are lacking in both. I'd rather no breading, because breading just gets soggy when sauced – crispy skin holds up to sauce better.

I like my wings deep-fried, for max crispiness. (Smoked can be good.) Tough to beat a classic Buffalo wing, but I like all sorts of sauces/rubs. I like flats better than drums – better skin to meat ratio.

Now the real question is...

Drums or Flats?

That reminds me of when I used to work at BW3 (now Buffalo Wild Wings) during free wing Tuesdays. People would order like 50 or 100 (getting an equal amount free) and specify drums or flats. Terrible, terrible people.

Personally I prefer drums, but I like the variety so I'd never specify.

Buffalo style for me most of the time, though I am not against a good dry rub or a unique sauce.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm not a big chicken wings eater and I'm definitely no fan of the frankly sickening taste of buffalo sauce, though I did order the Honey Chipotle wings from Papa Johns recently and that flavor was pretty decent.

There's a smokehouse named Barque that does them smoked with a dry rub.

A6jrdlB.jpg

Best wings I've had in my life.

My maaaaaaan. I love this place too.

I like my wings in three different versons
Lemon Pepper
Regular Fried(all that good seasonings)
The Hottest Sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings

That reminds me of when I used to work at BW3 (now Buffalo Wild Wings) during free wing Tuesdays. People would order like 50 or 100 (getting an equal amount free) and specify drums or flats. Terrible, terrible people.

Personally I prefer drums, but I like the variety so I'd never specify.

Buffalo style for me most of the time, though I am not against a good dry rub or a unique sauce.

I almost never make a request for all flats when I go out, I figure it's an extra hassle that the staff just really don't need. I try to be a chill diner when I go out, don't want to ruffle feathers.

That being said, I was eating wings at one of my favorite local joints and the bartender asked if I had a preference, and said I could totally order all flats if I wanted, no worries. So since I'm a regular there I guess I got the go-ahead. Though I also don't order a metric ton of wings there, as they're a little pricy and someone would have to roll me out of I over indulged.

Quick

Banned
Breaded vs Unbreaded
Bone-in vs Boneless
NY Style Sauce (basically hot sauce) vs BBQ Style (spicy sauce mixed with a sweet like BBQ/ketchup) vs Dry Rub
Outside the box flavors
Big vs Small
By the pound vs By quantity

I'm good either way, in terms of breaded or unbreaded and big/small.

Bone in, but I don't hate boneless wings. They're basically small tenders or bites. Chicken is chicken.

Dry rub, love me some cajun.

By quantity.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I like them to be from Wingstop.

Anyone who gets 'boneless' wings doesn't have a place in this conversation. A true travesty.

Fonds

Bone in, fried in a pan with ground dried Koriander... grilled for the last 10 minutes with Indonesian sweet Soy sauce.

Hot sauce and blue cheese dip. I also like my hot and honey.

The "blue moon" wings here are hot wings tossed in blue cheese dip. They are good. I like to just dip my wingus tho.

I prefer my wings to not be breaded. But I like them either way.

Oh and good god bone in. Tearing meat off of bones with your teeth and hands are one of lifes great pleasures.

LionPride

Banned
It's the closest to actual wings though. I can't stand regular wings. There's nothing to eat on there. The flavor is good though. Not worth getting so messy over though.

What the hell kinda wings you be eating?

And you don't know how to eat wings with one hand?

Do better

I can't believe this is a thing.
I mean obviously there's something to eat. And they do taste good. But for me the work/meat/mess (sometimes) ratio has me prefer other parts of the chicken. I can eat them fine, but I'd never order wings or get them from the market.
But yeah, pretty much this. The actual meat part is so minimal that it's not worth the effort overall. I'm definitely not eating it down to the bone. That's disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom