• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate the PSX conference this year?

Humdinger

Gold Member
9 out of 10. A lot to be excited about:

• Wipeout Omega
  • Crash Bandicoot trilogy
  • Dangonronpa
  • Yakuza times twoza
  • Horizon
  • TLG
  • Yoshida
  • TLoU: Part Two
  • New Uncharted 4 content
  • Ni No Kuni 2
  • New Gravity Rush 2 content
  • Near Nier date
  • Vane

Lots of goodness there. Lots of surprises. Sony has done a marvelous job with both E3 and PSX this year. The only downside is that next year, they'll be measured against it.

Hugstable

Banned
9/10 good Conference, lots of games and focus on games.

Still want PS1 classics and PS2 classics with no trophies though. :-T

It's was incredible (I was in the audience) so much fan service and great games being brought back. Hype levels were high almost all the way through. It would be a 10/10 but I think we all know it was really a Knack2/10

I'm watching it now and it's very good, although the audience screaming and shouting is a bit obnoxious at times. I like how they kept people talking on stage to a minimum and just fired out trailer after trailer like they did at E3. Lowest points were probably Destiny and COD, but I guess Sony has to feature them at every show as part of their deal with Activision. Surprisingly high proportion of Japanese games too, which was great.

I also really liked Gio Corsi on stage too. Dude has a lot of swagger and infectious enthusiasm.

EDIT - my only criticism would be that they had a montage of indie games during Gio's segment, and didn't label what each game was. I knew Hellblade and Strafe from that section, but that was it I think.

Worth the cost of losing Gamescom and PGW/10.

They actually showed Japanese games. I mean, wow.

Yeah, I'm thinking they should just drop a European conference and have a killer E3 and PSX every year. Then there's TGS as well, but that could mostly be filled up with third party announcements.

8.5/10 (-1 for Square not being there, and .5 for being a bit of a shorter keynote). Wish there was some more info on FFXII and FF7 remake. Otherwise I thought it was incredible.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Really awesome list of games being shown, and some nice surprises. Lots of the games catered to my tastes (Wipeout Omega Collection, Nier Automata, Ni No Kuni 2, Danganronpa 3, Ys Origin, Yakuza 6/Kiwami, Ni-oh, RE7, MvC4), which is a rarity in conferences like this usually.

Top Bottom