• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how do you use the 360's play & charge kit?

BioFan

how do I charge the battery? I read that you can either charge it with ur 360 or plug it in a PC.
So if I want to charge it with 360, do I have to turn the 360 on??

Currently I'm trying to charge it using the PC, but how in the hell do I know it's charging?
when i first plug it in, the kit lit a red light, then it turns green, then disappears completely...is it charging?if not, how do I charge this thing?
is there a button combination or something? this is confusing....bad MS...

oh and I threw away the instruction, never thought it'll be this hard...I thought it's a plug and use thing...

[edit]
nevermind....took the battery out and plug it in again, and now the light stays red when connected to a PC...guess it's charging....
retard...

If you charge it with your 360 and turn it off before the battery is full, the 360 will stay automatically "half on" untill the battery is fully charged and turns itself off then.

Kinda cool.

Xenon

TerryLee81 said:
If you charge it with your 360 and turn it off before the battery is full, the 360 will stay automatically "half on" untill the battery is fully charged and turns itself off then.

Kinda cool.

Wow, did not know that. cool

Sh0k

Anybody knows how to avoid that everytime I plug the Play and Charge kit to my USB PC ports, it asks me to install a driver ? I've tried intalling the PC drivers for the controller, but no luck.

Sh0k said:
Anybody knows how to avoid that everytime I plug the Play and Charge kit to my USB PC ports, it asks me to install a driver ? I've tried intalling the PC drivers for the controller, but no luck.

If you're trying to use it to play on the pc, it won't work. It stilll transmits wirelessly when using the p&c kit.

If you're just trying to charge, I have no idea.

EDIT - Ah nevermind...I should've read the first post :|

VALIS

TerryLee81 said:

Kinda cool.

Yeah, I just noticed this yesterday myself. I turned off the 360 and left the controller hooked up via the play and charge wire, but the power bar light stayed green instead of turning yellow, then later turned yellow when the charge was complete. Neato.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My uncle Charlie, who has a metal plate in his head, plugs in the play and charge kit into the 360 and puts the other end in his mouth and swears he can hear the cockpit discussions of the planes flying overhead.

Top Bottom