• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How does Amazon ship large TVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ Shlice

I just ordered a 50" TV from Amazon. How are they going to ship it?

If it's freight, will they notify me an accurate delivery date like they would with UPS?

Also, will they unbox it for me or just drop it off?

Depends on the carrier. I think mine was shipped out via Eagle or some company like that. They call you in advance to schedule delivery, and will unbox it on delivery. You don't have to sign for anything until it checks out.

Menelaus

Banned
All of their TVs should come with "white-glove" delivery.

That means 2 Romanians with muddy boots will come into your home, scope out the joint, tell their cousins if you're worth robbing, and leave you with a broken TV.

Have fun!

Korey

They use a white glove service by Eagle (who I believe is now CEVA) and they call you up and schedule a time. The dudes call you up before they arrive and carry it in, unwrap it, and put it on your TV stand and plug it in.

gray_fox224

Menelaus said:

That means 2 Romanians with muddy boots will come into your home, scope out the joint, tell their cousins if you're worth robbing, and leave you with a broken TV.

Have fun!
omg lol

cruets

Korey said:
They use a white glove service by Eagle (who I believe is now CEVA) and they call you up and schedule a time. The dudes call you up before they arrive and carry it in, unwrap it, and put it on your TV stand and plug it in.

this is how it worked when i bought my tv from amazon last year

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Valkyr Junkie said:
Depends on the carrier. I think mine was shipped out via Eagle or some company like that. They call you in advance to schedule delivery, and will unbox it on delivery. You don't have to sign for anything until it checks out.

Exactly how it was for me. I also not that my tv box came DESTROYED, but the TV was in perfect condition so I let it slide.

NJ Shlice

Got an email today from Amazon saying it was shipped via "Team WW"

I found their site but could not track with the reference number Amazon gave me.

Has anyone used or heard of Team WW ??

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I remember my TV was shipped from Arizona by a strange shipping service too. I think they called a few days after my order. They delivered my TV in perfect condition, so I wouldn't worry about it.

NJ Shlice

hateradio said:
I remember my TV was shipped from Arizona by a strange shipping service too. I think they called a few days after my order. They delivered my TV in perfect condition, so I wouldn't worry about it.
How long after they called did they deliver?

Mashing

I bought a TV online once. It was shippe din a large box (but was not setup) with some kind of level on it that determines if the box had been tampered with (or mainly to determine if it had been shipped in any position other than upright).

Geneijin

Got a 42 from them. Arrived in a truck and on the scheduled date listed. No call or anything. The deliverers brought it inside my garage and were even willing to install it if I wanted them too.

NJ Shlice

White Glove service my ass. I live on a one way street. Guy parks in the middle of the road and starts to open his back door. There was a woman waiting behind him. I told the delivery guy to pull over to the side of the road and he goes "She can wait, I've been waiting for people all day."

I helped him (only one person) bring the Tv to my door. We opened the door and he saw the stairs and said "I can't go up the stairs, if I fall you will get sued." I live on a second floor apartment and told him he at least had to help me bring it up the stairs. He did, then he left.

No tip for his ass.

I was left alone to unbox a 50" TV. I have the patience of an infant so I managed it.

CiSTM

Banned
Menelaus said:

Have fun!
:lol
my guys were polite and their shoes were clean so I can't bad mouth the delivery service. I guess it depends on the delivery company.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
NJ Shlice said:
No tip for his ass.

I did not realize that I was supposed to tip the dude that delivered my TV. :/

Amazon used Pilot for mine, and the guy was good overall. He did miss that there was a step up into my house and drop his end of the box, but it was only a few inches. No harm done.

RiZ III

Menelaus said:

Have fun!

I ordered a 50" TV from amazon like 2 years ago and yea it came through "white-glove". First one that came was cracked from the bottom, so Amazon sent another one and yea it was two eastern European guys :lol. TV works great though, and no I didn't get robbed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom