• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How good is The Minish Cap?

Looking to add a little Zelda to my collection and was wondering if this was a decent game. Some of the reviews comment that the game is relatively short and kinda on the easy side. Educate me, GAF!

I bought the Castlevania double pack today and couldn't decide between that and The Minish Cap. The EB guy said that while the double pack was going to be hard to come by, The Minish Cap was now discontinued. So I'm wondering if I should buy it tomorrow before it's Ebay'ed.

Dyne

Well I had high hopes for it but I got bored. Haven't finished it. Definitely nowhere near the Oracle series.

I think it's really good, classic 2D Zelda action. I wouldn't say it's hard, but the last couple of dungeons and the final boss aren't super easy. I had a lot of fun with it, I would recommend it if you've like Zelda games in the past.

Silkworm

I thought it was a fairly lengthy adventure. I still haven't tried to finish the game proper since I'm still trying to find all the kinstones (and of course I still need all those figurines) :p If you don't bother with the kinstones then the game will be a lot shorter but conversley that could make the game more difficult since it would provide less opportunity of getting more hearts and whatnot (so it could help add to the overall challenge of the game). Anyway, the game was a blast and looks fantastic for a GBA game and it's fun to boot. Also some of the dungeons are quite cleverly done. If you can buy it on the cheap, I would strongly recommend picking it up :)

Jiggy

Shorter than the other portable Zelda games, but with a much more awesome item set. I liked it better than OoT and WW, as well.

radcliff

Bataman said:
Fun game, but... there are no bottles in it. Not epic enough.

* in best Patrick Stewart voice *

THERE ARE FOUR BOTTLES!!

Serisouly though, I found it better than the Oracle series. The graphics are a step up from ALTTP and the music is great (I especially liked the remix of the underworld theme from the original Zelda in one of the levels). It is short (5 dungeons and the castle) but some of the later levels introduce brand new elements never before seen in the series. And Kinstone fusion can become addicting and prolong the game without it feeling like a cheap add-on or fetch quest. I highly recommend it.

I had a lot of fun with it... the final boss took me quite a few tries to beat. I had as much fun with it as with Oracle of the Seasons, not as much as with Wind Waker.

Cosmozone

I was a little disappointed. I had fond memories of Links Awaking, suppose that was it's name, the Zelda on the original Gameboy. But Minish Cap couldn't live up to them. The idea with the Minish people was great, really. But the overall level and overworld design just didn't do it for me. I had the impression that they were somewhat bland. For those who compared it with Wind Waker: I enjoyed WW much, much more.

BTW I didn't finish it yet.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
What is it about this game which gets so many threads on if it's good or not? It's not like it's some unknown quantity, it's Zelda, says it right there on the box. I'd think people would know by now whether it's going to appeal to them or not.

Mama Smurf said:
What is it about this game which gets so many threads on if it's good or not? It's not like it's some unknown quantity, it's Zelda, says it right there on the box. I'd think people would know by now whether it's going to appeal to them or not.

:ZING!:

Dragmire

Not bad.

...Which translates to terrible in Zeldaspeak.

Just kidding, it's a fun ride but somewhat forgettable as Zelda games go.

Top Bottom