• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much money have you spent on microtansactions?

How much money have you wasted on mtx?

• Zero

Votes: 92 47.2%
  • 1-10$

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • 10-50$

Votes: 31 15.9%
  • 50-100$

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • 100-500$

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • 500-1000$

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 1000$+

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spyxos

I have spent over 500 euros on Hearthstone. When I noticed it, I immediately stopped playing. I still feel bad that I spent so much money on this stupid card game.

The second is Nostale also spent about 500 euros. I played it with the Ex back then, the game itself wasn't even that fun it was a cheap ragnarok online clone. I still don't know why I spent money on it.

Nowadays, I almost never spend money on MTX. I don't buy Season Passes and I don't buy costumes and skins. I'm just the opposite now except for the main game I don't spend any money at all in the game.

Fire Burn GIF by Epitaph Records

Edit: Season Passes, Rock Band/Guitar Hero Songs and Dlc count as MTX.

Last edited:
Personally I don't think any... I guess maybe in Destiny I could have spent $10 but I generally steer clear especially if it's only cosmetic. Are we considering small DLCs microtransactions? If so, then I"ve purchased a considerable amount of that.

Spyxos

Personally I don't think any... I guess maybe in Destiny I could have spent $10 but I generally steer clear especially if it's only cosmetic. Are we considering small DLCs microtransactions? If so, then I"ve purchased a considerable amount of that.
Small or big everything counts.

Pelao

Are microtransactions just virtual coins or any kind of DLC that costs little money?
Because I've bought songs for a bunch of rhythm games over the years, but I don't know if that counts as microtransactions.

Spyxos

Are microtransactions just virtual coins or any kind of DLC that costs little money?
Because I've bought songs for a bunch of rhythm games over the years, but I don't know if that counts as microtransactions.
These are also microtransactions.

Robb

Gold Member
My guess is $10-50. I used to play a lot of HearthStone and bought a couple of expansions back in the day.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Zero. I haven't bought anything even for the games with very slow progression. I just abandon them if the built-in economy is horrible (or straight anti-consumer).

ME $0.00
My Son and Fortnite? Unknown I'm afraid to add it up. I don't think he could have bought a car with that money so less than a car, (A real car not a digital one).

RavageX

If we are talking fake money, then zero. Always will be zero. Now DLC? I fully supported Rockband 1 - 3 damn near every week. 4 not as much.

Trogdor1123

Not really sure… I spent probably 50-75 on the mass effect 3 multiplayer (don’t regret it at all, I loved that mode), I buy all the destiny season passes in a bundle with the game but does that count? Other than that… probably nothing? I’ll say 100 since ps3. Never ever bought a vanity item

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm surprised at myself for it, but actually nothing.

Dlacy13g

Typically I will reserve my spend for battle passes but every now and then a specific skin has been added to the shopping cart.

T4keD0wN

<--🤡 Ive bought an epic mount in an mmo for 30euros and Zeratul for 5eur before i knew better.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

The only time I've ever purchased DLC is when I bought the game itself in a bundle. Usually in a sale. But these aren't consumable DLCs like virtual coins. The only consumable DLC I've ever gotten was in the Deus Ex Mankind Divided bundle which gave me a handful of items I couldn't get back after using them. But it was on sale, and those items are not what I paid for anyway. It was the game itself and the add-on story missions.

So essentially I paid basically $0 dollars for the majority of DLCs I do own. And I have never voluntarily wasted money on virtual currency and I don't plan to do so in the near future.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Between Destiny 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, and various Ubisoft games? At least $1k

Edit: now that I think about it, I even outfitted my avatar in PlayStation Home after Nathan Drake. That was probably $100 alone

Last edited:
Under 100€, the only microtransactions I can remember were some T-Shirts for my X360 avatar back in the days. And maybe some small things in Gears 3 or so. Oh and Rockband I had a few songs/albums I downloaded.

Last edited:

Beechos

No mtx here but I've been buying alot of season passes for games that are on gamepass that I would normally never buy. In my twisted mind the game is free so whats $20-30 for the full experience i guess this is prob apart of ms plan. My son on the other hand bet fornite and roblox prob about $500.

spawn

I spent $50-$100 on Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes when I first started out in the game. Now I'm high level and don't have a need to spend money on the game. I don't regret it at all. It's free to play and I've probably spent over 100 hours playing it on my phone. There are $70 games that can be beaten in like 10-20 hours where this game I've been playing for more than a year now

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If DLC counts, COD map packs during the 360 era.... not sure. At $15 each I bought maybe 7-8 of them(?). So you're looking at over $100 worth.

In terms of nickel and diming mtx = $0. No cosmetics, dashboard skins, loot crates, v-bucks, EA ultimate cards etc... Nada.

Aenima

Zero.

Since my 1st FTP game (Rage of Bahamut) many years ago on mobile, i developed a "quirrel mentality" (horde on resources and just spend them when i know i can guarantee im getting what i want.)

I always ignore leaderboards and im able to just enjoy the games with what i get for free. Actually is part of my enjoyment to play F2P games this way. Like an extra challenge, especially rewarding when you know ur against a whale in pvp, and im still able to beat it.

After playing a FTP for 2 weeks or so, i can already tell if the game is well balanced to be enjoyable in FTP or is just unfair pay to win. When its the later, i just drop it and try something else.

Im also able to ignore shit like season passes.

Last edited:

blacktout

I bought a friend a League of Legends skin once. I think it was about ten bucks.

It's actually amazing that I have never spent real money on microtransactions for myself, given that I used to be addicted to Hearthstone and am currently hooked on that awful fucking Pokemon Cafe Mix game. I think I'm more addicted to grinding for content than the content itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom