• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much will Hogwarts Legacy end up selling?

How much will Hogwarts Legacy sell LTD

• Under 5 million

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • 5 million +

Votes: 30 9.1%
  • 10 million +

Votes: 82 24.9%
  • 15 million +

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • 20 million +

Votes: 68 20.7%
  • 25 million +

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • 30 million +

Votes: 37 11.2%
  • Like GTA5....

Votes: 19 5.8%

• Total voters
An absolute shit ton is what I’d say.

You can’t find a copy of the PS5 deluxe edition in store anywhere now from my searching this morning. Only imagine how well the standard will sell!

feynoob

I saw that it was number one on the sales chart but I don't know what that means by sales numbers for steam. I honestly just figure that any AAA third party multiplat game would sell double to triple on playstation than it would sell on steam or xbox at launch.
On certain markets like UK, you will see that PS ranks higher. But overall market, it would be PC considering how many PC are there in the rest of the world.

Last edited:

NahaNago

On certain markets like UK, you will see that PS ranks higher. But overall market, it would be PC considering how many PC are there in the rest of the world.
Yeah, I get that, but like has any AAA third party multiplat game on steam ever beaten or matched playstation sales at launch or have I just never noticed it.

feynoob

Yeah, I get that, but like has any AAA third party multiplat game on steam ever beaten or matched playstation sales at launch or have I just never noticed it.
Not really. Most AAA games from the big 4 has their own launcher which affects PC sales. You will have to add all of those together.

NahaNago

Not really. Most AAA games from the big 4 has their own launcher which affects PC sales. You will have to add all of those together.
? if were talking about AAA third party companies wouldn't they announce the sales for pc and consoles. If were just talking about US sales don't they show all sales no matter the store.

Last edited:
I voted 15m before reviews.

The game is getting good reviews and I think a lot of people will pick it up to check it out even if they have never read/watched HP stuff before.

20-25m i think is more likely now but I still haven't played the game yet but if it's as good as people are saying it is then it should manage those numbers I think.

yurinka

Somewhere between Elden Ring and Cyberpunk 2077 numbers, maybe even more. Over 20M units, for sure.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

20 mil+ I think. Not right away but soonish. It's a game casuals will try out, and they won't care how it will run, et cetera. Just being a well-received fantasy RPG is already a push towards good sales, beloved IP will push it further. PS chose a great game to market since some people online actually think you need PS5 for this :messenger_grinning_smiling: . I saw the same with Cyberpunk and XBOX.

Last edited:

Raven117

It will be absolutely huge.

A "Harry Potter" game that is finally (for the most part) a game that just about every Harry Potter fan has wanted since the first movie came out? Absolutely gangbuster on sales.

Kerotan

One of the biggest IP turned into a AAA game with well above average reviews. Surely this is 20M+ and an expansion launching in the next 18 months.

Monster Twitch launch, big IP, easy 15+ Million end of the year.
This is conservative at this point. Those twitch numbers are insane. Elden rings peak was 910,000 and that game did 17.5 million in 6 months.

I really think this game is competing with Call of duty and GTA at this point. GTA5 did 34 million in 11 months. We will see how close it gets

I picked 25 million but I really think it can hit 30+ easily. It's going to be big. It has a lot going for it. It's a big Harry Potter AAA game that reviewed very well. Then there's the controversy that's just going to push sales further.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Based on the Twitch viewership and metacritic / opencritic scores, I'm bumping my vote up to 20M.

Arachnid

30+ mil. Spider-Man managed that and it's only on Playstation. Harry Potter is a juggernaut of a series and it's multiplat. That combined with good reviews? Too easy.

Barakov

So yeah..... I think it will be huge personally so I am going 30 million. What are you all thinking?
I can easily see it selling 30 gorillion.
K-Pop Gorilla GIF by PENTAGON

SLB1904

Banned
Nope, look at pre-orders on steam. It surpassed steam deck. That is a lot of copies sold, considering that list is total revenue. And you can't surpass steam deck in that area, unless you sell a lot of copies.
Lol

This is a high profile game hugely popular franchise. Playstation is steamrolling. Make no mistake about it

Last edited:

feynoob

The PlayStation version will be the best selling version.
maybe in your dream world.
Not to mention Gaming PC is going strong with steam gaining new members every year.

This is not the same world as the ps4 era. This is different Era.

SLB1904

Banned
maybe in your dream world.
Not to mention Gaming PC is going strong with steam gaining new members every year.

This is not the same world as the ps4 era. This is different Era.
Lmfao.

Watch what this game going to do to os5 sales. You just wait

Different era lol
Is not like yesterday playstation just post record braking numbers across the board

Topher

Gold Member
Too bad Bernd Lauert Bernd Lauert isn't around to tell us install base doesn't matter.

So eventually this game is going to be on PS5, PS4, XSX, XSS, Xbox One, Switch, Steam Deck and PC.

A Harry Potter game.

With great reviews.

30 million+ in a year or two. I'll even bet feynoob feynoob 's avatar.

scared not afraid GIF by Coastal Church

Last edited:

feynoob

Lmfao.

Watch what this game going to do to os5 sales. You just wait

Different era lol
Is not like yesterday playstation just post record braking numbers across the board
And?
There are too many PC gamers in the world ready to fire their PC.

People are underestimating PC gamers too much.

SLB1904

Banned
And?
There are too many PC gamers in the world ready to fire their PC.

People are underestimating PC gamers too much.
No one is underestimating pc.
This game will be market to death by playstation. Is literally in every billboard bus in uk with ps5 logo slapped on it.

So forget it.

feynoob

That is what that page does. Its much more useful than spamming marketing nonstop.
You click the game, type it on youtube, and you will know what type of game it is.

Marketing works for consoles, because most users dont check these options. For PC, its normal day.
Also PS is competing with Xbox, so they need to attract those users to their system which is why they are spamming these marketing ads.

SLB1904

Banned
That is what that page does. Its much more useful than spamming marketing nonstop.
You click the game, type it on youtube, and you will know what type of game it is.

Marketing works for consoles, because most users dont check these options. For PC, its normal day.
Also PS is competing with Xbox, so they need to attract those users to their system which is why they are spamming these marketing ads.

You just going off topic.
See you next week

Gideon

This is conservative at this point. Those twitch numbers are insane. Elden rings peak was 910,000 and that game did 17.5 million in 6 months.

I really think this game is competing with Call of duty and GTA at this point. GTA5 did 34 million in 11 months. We will see how close it gets
Those twitch numbers are boosted by drops, they have no indication of how well a game will sell, gta 5 reached peak viewers years after launch and hogwarts will for sure not compete with gta5 but it will become the best selling game of the year I feel like.

feynoob

It will be the best selling game of the year unless Rockstar surprise drops a GTA game on us
Tears of kingdom might take that title.
Switch is now at 122+m. And considering how much sales breath of wild, i wouldnt be suprised if it did 15+m in 1 year.

Yoboman

Tears of kingdom might take that title.
Switch is now at 122+m. And considering how much sales breath of wild, i wouldnt be suprised if it did 15+m in 1 year.
Tears of the Kingdom will be huge but it's one platform vs 6 platforms

Tears of the Kingdom will battle with Spiderman 2 for second place IMO

feynoob

Tears of the Kingdom will be huge but it's one platform vs 6 platforms

Tears of the Kingdom will battle with Spiderman 2 for second place IMO
If splatoon 3, which was released in september 22 can hit these numbers (10.13m + 2.23m), then no doubt that tears of kingdom would be massive.
Only issue is the price. If that 69.99 is real, then maybe hogwarts would win.

Last edited:
Top Bottom