• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you use Chat-GPT? (and what for)

How often do you use Chat GPT

• I don't use it at all

Votes: 49 37.4%
  • I use it infrequently

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • I use it occasionally

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I use it moderately

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • I use it generally

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I use it frequently

Votes: 21 16.0%

• Total voters

Chittagong

Gold Member
Tell more about this Coldplay thread. Icm a massive fan of them, but I can't get my head around why you'd need a dedicated thread for them.
I have been a casual listener for years but don’t actually know that much of their history, background and songs. I am going to their gig in July, so I asked GPT to provide me the key books and films, to talk about their key songs, their history and such. Basically to get hype!

cormack12

Gold Member
I have been a casual listener for years but don’t actually know that much of their history, background and songs. I am going to their gig in July, so I asked GPT to provide me the key books and films, to talk about their key songs, their history and such. Basically to

MNAA0is.jpg

U Know Flirt GIF by Wimbledon

ReyBrujo

Working in software development, company pays Copilot due Microsoft tied, I use ChatGPT when doing stuff for myself. Somewhat limited for me still, I ask it to build me a programming kata similar to, say, Gilded Rose and it just creates the same kata. When I ask it to increment its difficulty it actually makes it simpler.

For source code Copilot is far better because it has the whole program as the context. ChatGPT got some pretty big oversights that new programmers might not even notice. For example, the other day I had to change every varchar / string field in a database from 255 to 1024 bytes programmatically, asked it to build me a C# program and it did so. But didn't update the indexes, so I asked it to rewrite the program to do so as well, so it did. However, it indexed every single field that modified regardless it had indexes or not, so I had to correct it again. A new programmer might have ran the original code and messed up search, or might have caught that and then indexed every single field even if unnecessary.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I’m paying. And I think it’s the best bang for buck for our business after Figma. Can’t wait to dump our Adobe sub.
Holy shit...are you me?!?!?! I literally have 5 of the things you mention running on my end and I even did the adobe thing about three weeks ago (I loathe them).

If I could marry Figma I would.

Also completely agree...the $20 a month is the best digital sub I have for my company or my personal use.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy shit...are you me?!?!?! I literally have 5 of the things you mention running on my end and I even did the adobe thing about three weeks ago (I loathe them).

If I could marry Figma I would.

Also completely agree...the $20 a month is the best digital sub I have for my company or my personal use.

We actually have our Adobe licenses in order but I consider the right to audit a pretty huge privilege to our company proprietary information, so at the very minimum I expect them to cite the EULA section and tell me which license number they are excercising the right on, not just sending some “yo, I heard you Adobe, fill this pls fam” email with no specifics.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
We actually have our Adobe licenses in order but I consider the right to audit a pretty huge privilege to our company proprietary information, so at the very minimum I expect them to cite the EULA section and tell me which license number they are excercising the right on, not just sending some “yo, I heard you Adobe, fill this pls fam” email with no specifics.
We are a small company and only 7 folks use adobe products. I have paid 40K over the last 5 years and all of our use is above board. I had no general complaints, outside of the fact they have no competition, until this Audit BS popped up. It just pissed me off, I even went through the process of meeting with them at which point (since I have all my shit together) they produced three bs licenses and a persons name that I have never heard of. When I showed them all our adobe receipts for the last DECADE their only response was "oh this looks good, thanks for your time".

For a small company who pays crazy high premiums for every piece of software we use the, amount of stress that added to my plate that week was brutal.

The BSA in general is a group of strawmen who's sole goal is increasing the revenue for Microsoft and Adobe.

Last edited:

Sakura

I use it now and again just to talk about things or ask it general questions.
I would like to use it to help me code and stuff, but I find it is really bad at that sort of thing. I couldn't even get it to make me a simple HTML website page. Hopefully GPT5 will be better.

Audiophile

Gold Member
I do a lot of visual stuff for ui/ux/logo/product design and it's great if you need help with product names and suggesting tools/software for specific purposes. I'm considering making the jump to 3D to really bring some stuff to life such as packaging design but I asked it a load of in-depth questions about functionalities I might need before deciding on software.

Also, I'm good at rigid frameworks and arranging things, but terrible as a free-hand artist when it comes to doing anything organic. So if I need a basic bit of art to plug a hole in a design example (say a template for box art), ai image gen can be great for that (though I'd still prefer to support an actual artist if it were commercial).

It's also great for listing large amounts of repetitive data in a specified formatting (not 3.5, it's memory coherency over large datasets is limited). For eg. Say you need every possible integer 16x19/1.78:1 resolution listed from 2160p down to 720p with the amount of pixels listed next to it in a given formatting. Chat-GPT could do that quite quickly whereas listing it yourself would take quite a while (again, 3.5 would probably start spitting out incorrect data after a few results).

Last edited:

Yoda

It replaces some google searches for at home use. At work we have our own internal LLM which I use to replace wiki searches to meh success.

For the at home use, I'm not sure if chatGPT is replacing google because it's so much better or if google has gotten so bad that I'm desperate for alternatives.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I use it for things that are too specific for a Google search. It's really good for things on the tip-of-the-tongue when you remember vague details of something. Sometimes it's completely wrong, but you can often determine that pretty quickly and ask it to generate more examples.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Don’t want to make a new thread but I just used ChatGPT to ask about my coming supplements and… since when does the chatbot actually asks questions as well? Shit’s got me totally offhand. How awesome is that?

I just wanted to ask about more benefits of Arginine supplementation and I didn’t just get the answer but it also asked me if I need recommendations on the correct use.

sheeeeeeeeet… AI future is going to be swell… or not (currently reading The Coming Wave).

Goalus

I use the Edge Copilot whenever Bing doesn't give me the desired result - usually happens when the search query is long and represents a specific question.

Mortisfacio

I use it very rarely at this point since I now have a GitHub CoPilot license. CoPilot directly in VSCode for inline use is just incredibly convenient and my results are more or less the same. Sometimes CoPilot gives me some loop that isn't quite correct and I'll alter it, or if even my alteration doesn't resolve it (or not quite what I want) I'll then attempt GPT4 before just writing myself from scratch.

CosmicComet

Writing a fantasy book and I often use copilot to give me images of what I'm describing character and scenery wise.

From there I can use the generated pieces as a frame of reference to create my actual art (drawing/painting etc) and get things looking like how I actually imagined them.

Last edited:

Porcile

Seems like it takes 2 or three attempts to get it to do what I want it to do and it also seems to have trouble with context and remembering what it has previously written these days. I feel like it has gotten worse but maybe they just nerfed the free version and the paid version is better?

bati

I used it to write some python scripts that I needed for automation at work (not in the job description, just to make my life easier/save time) and it worked ok, but I had to give it specific instructions to only modify parts of the script, and even then it sometimes felt like it can do 3-4 steps and then it would start by modifying original code from first query again.

Kar

Just like google search, there is an art to using it.
I use it in my job (Devops) quite often.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The thing I hate is it’s a complete toss of coin whether you get lazy retard GPT or pretty smart GPT. I often fire up a new chat if I realise I got served a retard instance.

Top Bottom