• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Pirates 5 dealt with Johnny Depp's chronic lateness

pBVjXtE.jpg
He's a black person in their early 70s old looking.

Luschient

"I will call tracey [Jacobs] and jake [Bloom]," Depp allegedly replied via email, "and prepare them to make some ludicrous deals to refill the glass and make it f—ing overflow!!! Whatever we have to acquire 1480, let's do!!!! WE MUST BUY THIS HOUSE!!!"

anybody else read that last sentence in Depp's Hunter S. Thompson voice..."We must have that suite!!"

highrider

Banned
He needs some help, has for a while. He's looking rough, got the kind of alcohol bloat face long time drinking gets you.

Didn't the Pirate movie finish Principal Photography 2 years ago?

Seems like since the Heard situation he has tried to straighten out.

MarveI

What happened to him ? Reminds me of Chappelle's quote “The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. "I don't understand this person. So they're crazy." That's bullshit. These people are not crazy. They strong people. Maybe their environment is a little sick.”

I remember a LOOOOOOONG time ago when he was on Inside the actors studio and seemed a very shy but ultimately great guy.

Replicant

Douchebag acting like one.

It's a shame. I like him as Jack Sparrow (although find him disgusting as Grindelwald - should just kept Collin Farrell in the role *sigh*)

Ricky_R

Remarkable? What kind of 53 yr olds have you seen? For reference, this is Liam Neeson, who is 11 years older than Depp (both pics taken around the same year):
pI3JPQY.jpg

53 really isn't that old, i think Depp's not looking that good lately

Not saying Depp is looking young or anything, but there's some not so subtle clean up on that image, particularly around the cheeks, forehead and nose areas. He's not looking as well as that. I think he's looking normal for his age.

Bebpo

Banned
Sounds kinda dick of him comsidering the scope of the job, but as a fellow not morning person I understand.

Harmen

Remarkable? What kind of 53 yr olds have you seen? For reference, this is Liam Neeson, who is 11 years older than Depp (both pics taken around the same year):
pI3JPQY.jpg

Maybe it is different in America or Hollywood has clouded judgement, but the average 50-60 years old here in the Netherlands/Germany/Belgium/France sure as shit don't look anything nearly as good as Liam Neeson or Depp. Not even close.

The actors that still look fantastic for their age could be more likely to remain in the spotlights for long. In addition to that, some of them definitely have had surgery or wear make-up. And painted hair, offcourse. And there are also people who are likely using steroids/hormones/whatnot to remain in shape.

Additionally, I recently saw professional pictures of my parents in a newspaper and they were in a tv show and they easily looked 10 years younger than in real life, that can be a factor as well. Pictures or videos can really have a significant effect on how a person looks.

Edit: that other picture of Neeson above looks more like his age, I agree with that poster.

pI3JPQY.jpg

some nice makeup and photoshop on that image.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Damn he's 53!?!

It amazes me how some actors can booze it up and do so many drugs yet look that good.
It's called makeup, soft lighting and favorable camera angles.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Kinda sad what he has become. Seemed like such a nice dude while he was still married with Paradies - after the divorce he became a total trainwreck,

Top Bottom