• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOW THE FUCK DID NAUGHTY DOG NOT GET CANCELLED FOR MAKING A WHITE WOMAN (LAURA BAILEY) PLAY THE VOICE ROLE OF A BLACK WOMAN IN UNCHARTED 4? BRAP GTFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DEMAND AN ANSWER, GAF!
0pEDLHK.jpg

jigglet

Banned
Because they also made a game with strong LGBT characters.

If you're on their side, context matters. If you're not on their side, context is just noise.

MiguelItUp

I had an old NeoGAF account that was banned in a thread that talked about how messed up it was that Laura Bailey was casted as that character in Uncharted 4 several years ago. I didn't even say anything wrong. I just thought I could shed some light as my sister was/is a voice actress and that it's not uncommon for developers and publishers to roll through certain agencies, and that there's always a possibility that some actors and actresses aren't available. When deadlines play a role maybe they had someone else in mind and it wouldn't work out. Plus they worked with Laura before and she's no rookie in video game voice acting.

tl;dr, GAF is much, much, much better these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom