• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to bypass Nvidia GeForce hardware verification for game codes?

0racle

Hey guys.

I recently purchased a GPU and recieved a game code. The thing is I want to sell it to offset the cost of the card.

Recently a system check is in place to ensure there is a 1070 or 1080 installed. How can I sell to people that don't have this card ? Surely there is a loophole somewhere?

Don't think there is sadly. Every market place I use has a sticky thread about this new restriction and I haven't heard of any loophole.

0racle

What If I used team view on Windows, they logged into my system and entered their credentials and redeemed the code that way.

Would it now by in their library so they can download on any system?

dxdydz

Neo Member
What If I used team view on Windows, they logged into my system and entered their credentials and redeemed the code that way.

Would it now by in their library so they can download on any system?

Sounds good, actually. As far as I know, the code has to be redeemed on PC with the card that the code came with. So, as long as your buyer can log into his Steam and NVidia accounts on your PC, you are good to go.

Not sure if anyone would actually go for it (sounds almost like a scam); try selling it to a friend or something.

SURGEdude

Dang, that sucks. Didn't realize Nvidia had begun doing that. I totally get their intent but unless it's dictated by their terms with the publisher it seems like a silly way to devalue a bundle.

Also, what happens to those games when you choose to upgrade again in the future?

Henrar

Dang, that sucks. Didn't realize Nvidia had begun doing that. I totally get their intent but unless it's dictated by their terms with the publisher it seems like a silly way to devalue a bundle.

Also, what happens to those games when you choose to upgrade again in the future?

If you redeemed it, then your hardware doesn't matter. You can play it even on a Radeon card. Redeeming the code, however, requires the GPU which had the game bundle.

SURGEdude

If you redeemed it, then your hardware doesn't matter. You can play it even on a Radeon card. Redeeming the code, however, requires the GPU which had the game bundle.

Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification. I was assuming it checked each time you booted it up. Their solution makes a lot more sense now.

MaxiLive

Can you redeem that code on your PC to get the uplay/steam code?
How that works anyway?

The Geforce experince redirects you straight to the uPlay/Steam login page and auto claims the key for you so you can't actually get a key from it.

So either the person claiming the key needs a 1070/1080 or they pass on their uPlay details or you make a uPlay account for For Honor/Ghost Recon and sell that account but that is super sketchy!

Grassy

Those codes for the right price would have no problem selling in the buy sell trade thread here.

You can't do that anymore, the code has to be input through Geforce Experience and it does a hardware check to make sure the correct videocard required for the promotion is installed. At this stage I'm not sure if anyone knows a guaranteed way to bypass it. Buyer beware...

I guess you missed the Gears of War 4 code shitstorm - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287317

Top Bottom