• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to check total money spent on Steam

How to see money spent on Steam​

Once logged into your Steam account via the browser, you will want to locate the ‘Support’ tab at the top of the screen. If you're using the Steam desktop app though, select the Help tab and and then Steam Support from the drop down menu.

image.png

There are two ways to check the total amount spent. This can be done by adding up all of the purchases yourself through ‘Purchase History,’ or it can be done by clicking ‘My Account.’
Screenshot-2024-01-21-112646.jpg

After clicking ‘My Account,’ scroll to the bottom of that page and click the ‘Data Related to Your Account’ button. This will open up all the information regarding our account, from profile customization to subscriptions and how much money you have spent.

Screenshot-2024-01-21-112708.jpg

The ‘External Funds Used’ option will be between the ‘Video Encrypted Content Licenses’ and ‘Family Sharing’ buttons. Click this to determine how much money you have spent on your account. Steam will have you log in to your account again and have you enter a code from the email associated with the account.

Screenshot-2024-01-21-112955.jpg

There are multiple categories for money spent on the account, so here is the breakdown of what category means what.

Screenshot-2024-01-21-113418.jpg

• “TotalSpend” is the total external money added to your account.
  • “OldSpend” is money added before April 17, 2015.
  • If linked to Perfect World for CS:GO or Dota 2, “PWSpend” is the money from Perfect World
  • If you added funds in Steam China, “ChinaSpend” shows that in RMB.
That’s it; the total amount spent on your Steam account will be on this page. Now you know exactly how many games you have purchased and never finished. You’ll get through that backlog one day. Probably.

Last edited:
ZHHy3KS.png

So this won't count money I've spent on key sites though right? That would probably add another few hundred.
Nope. I think the majority of games I've redeemed on Steam were bought from key sites like greemangaming, humble and cdkeys prior to switching to console so I was quite surprised I even spent that amount.

Last edited:
Where is this 'support' button? I don't see it anywhere.
Edit- I found it.

Type Time Calculated Amount Currency
TotalSpend 2024-01-06 22:50:54.263 2328.88 USD
OldSpend 2024-01-06 22:50:54.263 370.00 USD
PWSpend 2024-01-06 22:50:54.263 0.00 USD
ChinaSpend 2024-01-06 22:50:54.263 0.00 RMB

I bought a Steamdeck through Steam so that was a big part of it.

Last edited:

Paltheos

uMyxgum.png

Hm, I can believe it.

Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives The article's first step is imprecise. It should say, "On the desktop app, hit the Help tab and select Steam Support from the drop down," instead of saying to select a Support tab, as there is none. Doesn't seem like anybody who posted had trouble with this anyway but it took me a minute to find what it meant.

Edit: Magic Carpet Magic Carpet See above.

Last edited:
uMyxgum.png

Hm, I can believe it.

Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives The article's first step is imprecise. It should say, "On the desktop app, hit the Help tab and select Steam Support from the drop down," instead of saying to select a Support tab, as there is none. Doesn't seem like anybody who posted had trouble with this anyway but it took me a minute to find what it meant.

Edit: Magic Carpet Magic Carpet See above.
I've edited the OP and added an additional screenshot highlighting where the support button should be.

Midn1ght

Scaou7L.png

That doesn't include keys you bought on other websites like GMG, CDKeys, etc, right? If so there's probably another 1000 in there.

Calverz

Tried this on steam app and then via browser. Both have 0.00 spend. Maybe it’s because I always use PayPal?

Holammer

Pa4cIBu.jpg

Pretty much what I expected. Then there's a lot of dough spent on Humble, Fanatical & CDkeys.

If we included money I spent on Battlenet, Origin and other clients, add 300€ tops (including a lot of WoW subscriptions).

ReBurn

Gold Member
Tried this on steam app and then via browser. Both have 0.00 spend. Maybe it’s because I always use PayPal?
I'm wondering the same thing. My spend is super-low and I wonder if it isn't counting since I switched to PayPal. I bought most of my games through key sites and humble bundle, but I know I spent more than $200 in the last sale alone. My spend is only listed as $105.68.

Mortisfacio

buY1vwW.png

Including GMG/Humble Bundle and such sites, I'm probably around $3500. Used to use GMG a ton for all the bundles and discounts. Getting Bioshock: Infinite + some sniper game + xcom + original bioshock for like $35 was great.

Last edited:

TheStam

Around 7500 USD apparently.

Then you have the EA, Ubi, Epic Greenmangaming and the like. Easily comes to twice that. Ouch.

Will this newly found motivation get me to finally tackle my backlog? Nope just gearing up for Infinite Wealth!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
19 games at $94 US (about $130 CDN). So avg price is $6/game. And one of them was $19. lol.

Just started buying PC games on Steam and GOG Xmas 2020. I focus on card and board games and strategy games for dirt cheap.

By the way the website says Old Spend is stuff around 2015 or earlier. Why does Steam split that out? Did they migrate people to a new database or something?

SJsfdya.jpg

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Around 7500 USD apparently.

Then you have the EA, Ubi, Epic Greenmangaming and the like. Easily comes to twice that. Ouch.

Will this newly found motivation get me to finally tackle my backlog? Nope just gearing up for Infinite Wealth!
Infinite wealth minus 7500 dollars

Larxia

KaalqPE.png

I have fond memories of going to GameStop almost every day of my first Summer Sale to buy more Steam Wallet cards. Good times.
I really miss the old school steam sales, before refunds became a thing and the sale became a fixed thing for 2 weeks. Checking for new sales every day during the events, and flash sales too, was super exciting, the whole duration of the sale felt like an event, christmas everyday, with great sales. Now you just check your wishlist once on the first day and that's it, you're done.

Celcius

°Temp. member
$2364.01 for me

TotalSpend2024-01-20 11:11:06.2102364.01USD
OldSpend2024-01-20 11:11:06.210117.65USD

Just puts into perspective how gaming is a cheaper hobby compared to others like high-end watches or cars.

Last edited:

Neilg

$393, and I cant believe it's that high. I think planet coaster, project wingman, the jackbox series and session are the only games I've bought through steam that werent a humble bundle.

Top Bottom