• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to check total money spent on Steam

//DEVIL//

WePsb1U.png

Keep in mind that most of the stuff on my account was redeemed through Humble Bundles, GreenManGaming, etc.
does stuff from instant gaming or humble bundle count in the total spend ? because I do not think it does. this is just how you spent on the store your self from your own money or gift cards etc.

mine is 1022$ total and 90 oldspend

GHG

7FHRhWP.jpg

Nowhere near as much as I was expecting considering how many games I have on there:

nQiOQOe.jpg

But I do use key sites whenever possible and I've been signed up to humble monthly since the beginning, so that's probably why.

Not bad.. just a little less than 1k. Not surprising to me, I've bought more PC games in the last few years than I have all my life even though I've had Steam for 19 years (on Steam anyway, I have plenty of old, big box PC games and jewel cases) and the vast majority of those are 70-90% off. I only have 222 titles total in the library, so that's a little over 4 dollars a piece. Crazy to think buying Starfield was something like 7% of my total Steam spending ever. :messenger_grinning_squinting: Alternatively, on average, I spend about 52 dollars a year on Steam. Now if I could see all of my past console related physical purchases.. then I might be scared. My digital only footprint is very, very small in terms of games.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
At first I was gonna click. But then I thought better of it. I've been around since Steam was a thing, yeah, but more importantly, and this goes to my spouse who might be reading this (I love you, babe!), it doesn't matter, right? Who cares! Hah, really now! Happiness is the thing! What's that? Games I've bought and haven't even installed, like, ever?! I mean, hah. Hahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, who cares right?! I'm happy, that's the important thing, no doubt!

1ciwlvt.png

Hmmm, TotalSpend = US $18,161.01 and OldSpend = US $5,521.10 according to the External Funds Used for my account. Would be nice if that was in UK sterling since I live in the UK.

Also, I find it hard to believe that I have spent that much since 2004 when I first installed Steam alongside Half-Life 2. I actually buy most of my Steam keys from third-party resellers for £10-£20 less than the RRP on Steam so I suspect the real value is only (only?) around $10,000.00. Still... well... Eek!

Last edited:

BlackTron

I've been on Steam for 19 years and my total spend is $550 which has gotten me 252 games...so it averages about $2 per game. Although I sparingly use keyshops, the number is also inflated by using Steam to gift games once in a while, my last two transactions are $60 worth of gifted games last month. This doesn't seem like a lot but it's like 10% of my total spend lol.

I am just adding AAA games like Witcher 3, Doom, RDR2 to my Steam account when they cost ten dollars and jump at the bundles they sometimes do. Looking at my history, in 2020 I spent $35 on this massive Eidos Interactive pack of 100 games full of Tomb Raider and Deus Ex titles. Of course there are a number of bad or useless games in my library (I'm guilty of playing G2A roullete once or twice) but the ratio isn't as bad as I'd think looking at these numbers. I want to say half the library is small but good games like Castle Crashers, Towerfall and Kingdom Rush and around 20% AAA titles. I never considered total spend till now and feels like an unfair hack lol.

Sentenza

b47rfnn.jpg

I'm not sure if "OldSpend" is supposed to add to the previous voice or it's a subgroup of it.

Keep in mind that this is the amount you guys spent ON STEAM and it obviously doesn't include any serial key you bought on third party sites and activated on the service, by the way.

Holammer

b47rfnn.jpg

I'm not sure if "OldSpend" is supposed to add to the previous voice or it's a subgroup of it.

Keep in mind that this is the amount you guys spent ON STEAM and it obviously doesn't include any serial key you bought on third party sites and activated on the service, by the way.

SteamDBs calculator can give you an estimate. Mine is 10473€ calculated by lowest price.
Valve earns 10 cents/hour from me.

damn.... I have had steam since getting vampire bloodlines and half-life2 . 20 years ago now . (btw wonder if we will get a 20th anniversary sale or celebration)

Vss9vQW.png

6,918.33..... eee gaads!!!
Shocked beyond compare. I have a feeling no one has more here?

If this doesn't count cd key sites (being using key site for the last year on and off), then my count is even higher.

A used car in games lol

SqFBnB2.png

what's up my peasants?

So is that 27,000 or 37,000? are old and total seperate?
Pretty sure OldSpend is included in TotalSpend.

Anyway mine is a very reasonable

TotalSpend2023-12-27 22:41:18.0271288.76USD

Probably because I'm a cheapskate who buys most games on sale and not at launch.
Did buy 3 games on launch this year though.

Top Bottom