• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to remove PSN ID/Account from PS3

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm giving away my ps3 so I did the quick format...but I can still log in and buy stuff on the PS store. I'm not sure how to disable my account from auto logging in on this system?

I took away privileges for playing/watching through account management deactivation but it didn't do jack.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm giving this to the place today.

oldmario

go all the way to the left press triangle on your profile and delete it, all data related to the account and the account info should be deleted

Dibbz

Make a new user then delete your old user account. It won't let you delete if there is not at least one user on the system.

You also need to deactivate your account so do that before you delete it.

dubq

I'm giving away my ps3 so I did the quick format...but I can still log in and buy stuff on the PS store. I'm not sure how to disable my account from auto logging in on this system?

I took away privileges for playing/watching through account management deactivation but it didn't do jack.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm giving this to the place today.

Try it from their website: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

From there you can "deactivate all" just to ensure that all of your consoles are no longer linked. From there, if you do have multiple consoles, it's just a matter of re-activating them on the console itself through Account Mgmt.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Make a new user then delete your old user account. It won't let you delete if there is not at least one user on the system.

You also need to deactivate your account so do that before you delete it.

It worked! Thanks.

Sorry I know this might not be thread worthy but I was leaving in 30 minutes and googling was failing me.

Top Bottom