• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you feel if Smash for Switch only got minimal contents, like Mario Kart 8 D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seloth

Banned
Well when it was leaked as a port I kind of assumed it would just be a port including the content from the Wii U, maybe the DLC included, and nothing extra.

Why would you expect anything else?

random25

The in-game online offerings would be on Bandai Namco to upgrade. The paid service would mainly help with the quality of the netcode via their servers.

Isn't the netcode handled by Bandai Namco? While the in-game online modes are developed by Bamco, the decision on what to put and what not to put are basically under Nintendo or Sakurai's control. If online services are supposed to get upgrades because it's now paid, then there should also be better integration of those upgraded services to the game.

balohna

Even if it's literally just "you get all the DLC and all the stages from both versions" I might bite. Even if the feature set is otherwise just the Wii U game again (personally I put more time into the 3DS modes).

I bought none of the DLC, so at this point I probably won't and see what gets announced for Switch. I'm thinking maybe Nintendo didn't want to go too heavy on cross-gen at the conference and is saving this for E3... To be released around the holidays

I hope they do add even more, though. Would need to to get conversions from people that bought the DLC already.

Neoxon

The dock's usbs arent powered???
He means that the GameCube Adapter is plugged into the system via two USB plugs (one for input data, one for rumble). The Switch's dock has 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 USB 3.0 port, so getting the GameCube Adapter to work shouldn't really be an issue from the physical side of things (the only issue would be the drivers).

All I know is it needs Waluigi as a playable character. I'm dead serious. I do not own a Wii U, but I would have bought it day one if Waluigi was playable.

Yazuka

I'll be happy as long as all dlc characters are on disc, ehh on cartridge..
I never got it for Wii U so I'm five with that. But if the add one or more characters it's a sweet bonus.

deleted

I wouldn't mind if it's only 2 characters and 3 stages.

What's more important for me here is another option or two. The ability to turn off stage hazards would be amazing. I love the layout of certain stages, but I can't play them because of Ridley or the yellow Mega Man thing. If I could turn them off, that'd be great!

Offline Tournaments would be another awesome addition.

But I guess the former won't come, it will be more likely that stage hazards now function in 8 player matches and the latter won't come neither, because Sakurai insists that Smash is not a tournament game.

Oh and I won't get my hopes up for Bomberman and King K. Rool neither, it will be Ice Climbers and Wolf I expect.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
As I bought none of the DLC, I'm looking forward to finally playing as Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta.

I'm very curious with sales numbers for how many people actually purchases those DLC characters. I'm pretty sure that people who skipped DLC characters are more likely to purchase Smash for Switch just in order to able to play with those seven characters, and several new stages.

In September, they sold about 13M Smash for 3DS and Smash for Wii U so I wonder if how many percents of buyers actually pick up DLC. I would guess about 8% or less.

Yeah no way.

I was down for Nintendo giving us games that reused assets to help speed up development. Aka Splatoon 2

Not down for literally the same game but with like one new character and some costumes or something. Especially at $60

For smash it's even worse because of the 3ds version. So I already have a portable version of the game.

I really want new challenges, events, modes, stages, characters etc.

would not bother me.

Switch is amazing product , seen, played and experienced it all in its entirety but I am waiting till more games are forthcoming. Got Zelda's to finish on Wii u yet. Got Smash on that so will buy the likes of Splattoon, Arms, Zelda BOTW and accessories ready for when Switch gets more and then purchase.

Switch will be number 1 for holidays 2017 you mark my words! Mario will dominate again!

random25

I'm very curious with sales numbers for how many people actually purchases those DLC characters. I'm pretty sure that people who skipped DLC characters are more likely to purchase Smash for Switch just in order to able to play with those seven characters, and several new stages.

In September, they sold about 13M Smash for 3DS and Smash for Wii U so I wonder if how many percents of buyers actually pick up DLC. I would guess about 8% or less.

It probably depends on the DLC character. I see characters like Cloud, Mewtwo, Ryu and Bayonetta being very popular compared to the other DLC characters that I can see those characters being bought by at least 10% of the install base.

would not bother me.

Switch is amazing product , seen, played and experienced it all in its entirety but I am waiting till more games are forthcoming. Got Zelda's to finish on Wii u yet. Got Smash on that so will buy the likes of Splattoon, Arms, Zelda BOTW and accessories ready for when Switch gets more and then purchase.

Switch will be number 1 for holidays 2017 you mark my words! Mario will dominate again!
maybe in japan but not in NA and EU. maybe if pokemon comes out

Roboculus

Well I don't think a sequel will be ready for a while so it pretty much has to be a port if they want anything out soon.

Ice climbers were my favorite to play as so I sure hope they make it back in for this version.

Bragi

Banned
I wouldn't care in the least. These titles are for people who didn't own a Wii U. The Switch will get its own Smash and MK

I'm not too sure about that myself. Depends mostly on how successful the Switch will be I think. If the Switch in its first 2 years sells like hotcakes, it can probably tough out 6+ years. In which case, sure, why not create new installments.
If the Switch sells mediocre though in its first 2 years, I think Nintendo instead will focus their efforts on DLC for both games.

Netto-kun

More characters, Adventure mode similar to Melee, more stages and add an option to play Battlefield version of all existing stages.

Soundslike

Neo Member
WIll you be able to play wii u version online for free?

I think its a non-brainer for them to add 1-2 new characters to a deluxe version. Imagine the hype.

duckroll

How would you feel if there were less speculative what if threads about games which aren't even announced yet? I know I would feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom